Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Leave the phone alone! (No autonomous gaming or browsing the web on their cellphones)

by Anonymouse85 Posted 16th Jan 2019 at 3:12 PM - Updated 14th Feb 2020 at 5:03 PM by Anonymouse85

32 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Test Subject
#26 Old 16th Nov 2019 at 12:21 AM Last edited by sketchr : 16th Nov 2019 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Sim just now browsed the web
Hi, first of all THANKS for keeping this alive! I can't believe Maxis/EA don't make an option to disable cell phones in the game!

Second of all, I have downloaded this mod and applied it, enabled it in game, even restarted my game with the mod enabled, but my Sim is still autonomously whipping out her phone to play video games. It's really frustrating. Any advice?

Edit: And she just browsed the web.... even with the mod enabled. I appreciate your continued support....
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 16th Nov 2019 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sketchr
Hi, first of all THANKS for keeping this alive! I can't believe Maxis/EA don't make an option to disable cell phones in the game!

Second of all, I have downloaded this mod and applied it, enabled it in game, even restarted my game with the mod enabled, but my Sim is still autonomously whipping out her phone to play video games. It's really frustrating. Any advice?

Edit: And she just browsed the web.... even with the mod enabled. I appreciate your continued support....

Possible that they changed the core-code again (though I don't understand their reasoning because it NEVER makes anything better) or, are you using MCCC? Unfortunately, MCCC is not compatible with other no-autonomy mods because one of its modules does the same thing so, sometimes they cancel each other out and other times they interfere so much that neither a mod nor MCCC is properly working, even when it's just xml-mods.

Unfortunately it will be another few days until I can update my mods (though I will) because I don't have the university pack yet.
Test Subject
#28 Old 23rd Nov 2019 at 7:54 PM
Hi again, Just want to add that I don't have any expansion packs or stuff packs (other than the Holiday stuff, if that counts). I am not using MCCC.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 23rd Nov 2019 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sketchr
Hi again, Just want to add that I don't have any expansion packs or stuff packs (other than the Holiday stuff, if that counts). I am not using MCCC.

All right, then it needs an update. I will update all my mods within the next 3-4 days. I'm sorry that it won't be working properly until then.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#30 Old 1st Feb 2020 at 6:15 PM
Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 24th Mar 2022 at 5:02 PM
I really appreciate this mod so, thank you so much for creating and sharing. You are my hero! :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 14th Nov 2022 at 2:09 PM
I'm so thankful this mod exists.
Test Subject
#33 Old 30th Nov 2022 at 3:39 AM
Sadly this mod is suddenly not working for me anymore
Page 2 of 2