Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 12:38 AM
Default A series of questions about the game
Good evening, being Italian and not writing well in English, I will try to be as clear as possible
I have a lot of questions to ask and I don't want to open arguments for every question.

1 - Does it happen to you that the game loads slowly because of too many downloads?
2 - Does the game go faster (in theory) with the 4g patch?

3 - How do I put multiple items on a piece of furniture or counter? Is there a tutorial? I downloaded the numbered blocks ( OMSPs ) but despite this they do not understand how to use them.

4 - Are there any of these Hacks?

- create more than 8 characters from a family
- wear every kind of dress when you are pregnant

5 - Are there such realistic and beautiful houses for sims 2?

- https://thebalticpost.com/wp-conten...dailymotion.jpg
- http://prntscr.com/lg3m71

6 - Where do I find these types of shiny tiles? Or walls?
- https://66.media.tumblr.com/20e6e63...1s7ot11_500.jpg
7 - When I download bracelets, rings or necklaces, I can't always see the preview images and I always have to click at random until I find the object I'm looking for. Is there a way to see everything?

8- Decorations such as: juices, bottles of water/coke, food, chips, pasta (stuff also for the bath) where I can find them)
-http://sims4updates.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/1817.jpg
- https://thesimsresource.com/scaled/...600-2704900.jpg

9 - Why is it that sometimes when I unload houses of objects I am blue (despite I have the cep) or if I unload houses as apartments I give them to myself as residential lots and if I insert the trick do not change mode?

Sorry for too many questions. :lovestruc
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 1:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by letiziaa
1 - Does it happen to you that the game loads slowly because of too many downloads?

Yes.

Quote:
2 - Does the game go faster (in theory) with the 4g patch?

Yes, if you have the Ultimate Collection version, I don't think it works for the CD version.

Quote:
3 - How do I put multiple items on a piece of furniture or counter? Is there a tutorial? I downloaded the numbered blocks ( OMSPs ) but despite this they do not understand how to use them.

You need cheats. You can access the cheat console by typing ctrl+shift+C. The cheats are "move_objects on" which will allow you to place multiple things in the same place, and "boolprop snapobjectstogrid false" which will allow you to place them anywhere, and not just according to where the grid lines are. You generally put objects on top of the OMSPs, place the OMSPs with the cheats, and then make the OMSPs invisible.

Most of the rest of your post is a "where can I find...?" type post and should go in the Where Can I Find forum, but I know a few answers:

Quote:
- create more than 8 characters from a family

I don't know of any hack that will allow you to create more than 8 sims in a single family in CAS, but there are plenty that will allow you to have more than 8 sims on a lot (you will have to create them in multiple batches). For example: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=2139

Quote:
- wear every kind of dress when you are pregnant

Here: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,91730.0.html The clothes will not have pregnant bellies unless you download a default replacement that has them.

Quote:
9 - Why is it that sometimes when I unload houses of objects I am blue (despite I have the cep) or if I unload houses as apartments I give them to myself as residential lots and if I insert the trick do not change mode?

Sorry, I don't know what you mean.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 1:25 AM
1) The amount of downloads effects loading time. So does things like having an SSD, more Ram, your other computer specs.

2) You need the 4gb patch unless you are on an old or very low-end machine. Sims 2 only uses 2 Gb of memory and the patch will let it use 4 Gb memory. It will run better and may stop crashing.

3) The OMSP holds a one tile item, for example, a deco knife block. You then raise and lower the OMSP with the [ keys] (may depend on your key board) you also need some cheats on. Move objects on and the one to allow objects to move off grid.

4)yes there are hacks for those. Although not for CAS, you would have to create sims then go back and create more.

5) There are tons of houses for download on this site.

6)They are using an overlay that goes over the floor. Only use that if your computer is high end.

7) I don't know much about that, but it's probably how they were made.

8) Take a look at my recent supermarket/grocery store lot, I have links to some sets in there.

9) Blue generally means it was a slaved item and you are missing the master or you are missing a mesh. often not everything packages with a house. This is why on MTS creators must link to everything used. One to make sure you can find the CC but also to credit the creator who made those great CC items that they used in their house.

We have a stupid question thread for short questions
For help questions, we have a help board
For Where Can I Find questions we have a WCIF board.
You may get better answers posting to the more relevant sections.

The 4 gb patch works for both versions. You also need the graphics rules doing. Check the sticky posts on the help board.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 7:38 PM
Thank you both.
I downloaded a lot of the houses from this site, I wondered if there were other sites with houses similar to those in the picture.

Another question:
Has anyone ever downloaded these files?

http://svs.paysites.mustbedestroyed...ection/objects/

Are they working or only as a deco?

Thanks.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 8:28 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 9th Nov 2018 at 9:06 PM.
^ The objects in that link are probably a mix of useable and decorative items. Difficult to say because there's a lot of objects. I'd think a good amount is deco. Whether someone has downloaded them before? Probably.

#1 - is pretty common. I've had loading times anything from 5 minutes to 3 hours depending on computer and amount of CC.

#2 - In theory, but it helps a little more when you're ingame. When set up properly it leads to less crashing and better gameplay because it allows the game to use more RAM/memory than what the game allows for in the default settings.

#3 - OMSPs are basically tables you can make invisible. You put an item on it and place where you want. They work best (and are pretty much useless without) these cheats:
* moveObjects on (enables placeable (nearly) anywhere).
* boolProp snapObjectsToGrid false (enables placeable outside the grid, same cheat with "true" instead of "false" to turn off)
And are made more useful with this one:
* boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true (allows for 45 degree rotation)
You can get them as single-height (basically tables in various sizes), plus angled and/or shiftable with Apartment Life installed (check out Silentlucidity's sets).

Question #5 through #8 - You'll want the WCIF area for questions on where to find CC (including where to find houses that look like a picture). Keeping questions in the appropriate area makes the forum a bit cleaner in appearance.

#9 happens when people don't playtest their houses in a minimum-to-no CC environment before uploading. If you get flashing blue items when you've downloaded a lot, it's because the object lacks the master object it borrows textures from. If only the slaved/repositoried object is included, the master object isn't added in automatically. Make sure to install any additional CC if there is any, and make sure to visit any links that point toward any CC that the creator didn't include in the lot.

Also #9 - the CEP doesn't really help with other things than enabling recolors for non-recolorable ingame objects (like the fruitbowl, for instance). They may have influence on some objects cloned from CEP-enabled objects - so it's a good idea to have the CEP. You can also get "CEP extras" that enable recolorability for more objects, or they add more objects that are repositoried/slaved to various original objects.

A good tip for downloading is to ALWAYS read the full post, because there's a lot of repositoried/slaved objects around, and the creator doesn't always include the original master files.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 8:43 PM
A lot of those are sets of objects, or lots, not individual items, so you'll get all kinds of stuff by downloading one zip - chairs and appliances and tables and deco, some of which you'll want and some of which you won't. If you just dump it all into the downloads folder, two years from now you'll be running across stuff and wondering: What is that, and why did I download it?

It's a good idea to take time to think about how you want your downloads organized now rather than later and start setting up your file structure as you sort through these.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#7 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 9:02 PM
Organizing is always a good way to start out. Find a system that works for you and stick to it.

A few advices:
* keep to 3 subfolders deep (for instance, "Downloads --> Bodyshop --> Clothes --> Dress.package (and other files)"
* Avoid special characters and puntuation marks in folder and file names, such as !&%$@"#*^.,?=>< and so on. You can use spaces in folders, but avoid them in file names. These are safe in both file names and folders: A-Z and 0-9 and - and _
* Keep Bodyshop content, furniture, build items, and so on in separate subfolders. Makes it much easier to find problem content if you're able to test only bodyshop content, only clothes, only furniture, etc.
* Keep hacks/mods in a separate subfolder. These are likely to cause issues, so make sure you don't have them spread all over. Keeping this point separate because it's important.
* For multi-color sets, sort through and remove colors if you find some you don't like or aren't likely to use. This saves space and the time you spend looking through all the colors ingame.
* ALWAYS read the full download topic. You never know when you'll miss the fact that something important wasn't included, or that you need a master object, or that a mod is likely to conflict with one you already had. Make this a habit.
* This is not neccessary, but if you really want to keep things organized and want to keep everything the way you want it ingame as well, you may want to read up on tools like the Wardrobe Wrangler (for recategorizing most bodyshop/CAS content) and even SimPE (for recategorizing anything). SimPE is more advanced, but the Wardrobe Wrangler can be pretty useful and is quite easy to use even for a beginner.
Alchemist
#8 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 9:39 PM
about Create-A-Sim/Create-A-Family; most of their programming I take to be part of the game's engine.
I think the only things mod-able/hack-able about them are their background and their objects.

for bigger households, I think Cyjon's site also has a mod for that.
and I think there is one more mod, but I do not remember where.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by letiziaa
Thank you both.
I downloaded a lot of the houses from this site, I wondered if there were other sites with houses similar to those in the picture.

Another question:
Has anyone ever downloaded these files?

http://svs.paysites.mustbedestroyed...ection/objects/

Are they working or only as a deco?

Thanks.

Sure plenty of us have some of those files, I doubt anyone has all of them. As to deco, some is and some isn't. If you download a chair most likely it will be a usable chair and if you download a picture, it's just a picture. Things like the Deli is deco, things like the cruise ship desk will be a desk. Although sometimes a desk might be usable or deco. You need to try one thing at a time, see if it works or not, see if you like it or not.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~