Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 12:35 AM
Default Mario Birthday Cake
I made this Mario birthday cake for a friend's son. Now my nephews are after me to make Luigi!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 1:02 AM
Haha, how cool! looks good. And I'll enjoy it equally as well, since it's my birthday today.

Facebook | Currently On Hiatus | Twitter
Current Works-In-Progress: 0
Future Car | 2012 EA Cars | Car Parts | Jet Plane | Telephone Table | Concept Car
Traditional Bed Set | Living Set | 82 Slate Roofs | 1/2-Tile Kitchen Set | Distant Terrains | Kids Bedroom
Site Helper
#3 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 4:19 PM
That looks wonderful! (*Agrees with nephews that Luigi definitely should be next! * )

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 8:14 PM
Thanks, I make all kinds of decorated cakes like that.

I agree too! I've always like Luigi better than Mario. What I really wish is that I had a Donkey Kong cake pan!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 12th Sep 2011 at 8:32 AM
OH that's so cool!
Have a happya Birthaday to you'a

And I agree with Ghost sdoj and your nephews you should make a Luigi next,then Donkey Kong,I would be so Excited if I had a Bowser Cake for my Birthday!
Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Sep 2011 at 3:24 AM
I'm trying to figure out how to make Bowser and Yoshi without having the actual pan of them.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 13th Sep 2011 at 10:15 AM
Well I've never made a cake,well a Nintendo cake anyway but I hope you figure it out I would love to see them My cousin would freak out if she had a Yoshi cake lol Yoshi is her favorite along with my sister n law Yoshi's her favorite too
Site Helper
#8 Old 13th Sep 2011 at 3:06 PM
How much attaching with toothpicks and frosting, combined with wasting bits of cake are you prepared to do?

(I think I may have an idea, but I'm not going to play with shapes in a graphics editor to try it out if you aren't going to want it when I finish.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Inventor
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 10:00 PM
Any help/ideas would be great!

Anyone have any ideas about how to do Bowser?

I've got pictures of a few other cakes I've made on my facebook if anyone wants to see, I'll post the link.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 1:40 AM
Ok I will take a look when you post it
Site Helper
#11 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 6:50 PM
Bowser's shell and belly are a circle in this picture. http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:...ilLSSNxdizAcvWA Cut rounded triangles off the edge from about 12:00 to about 4:00 to make spikes on his shell. The leftover pieces from the spikes can be put together to make his spiked tail.

Make a small square cake to cut up for feet and head and for the arm. Unfortunately, this is where most of the carving would come. His head could be carved from one quarter of the square cake, leaving you with plenty of cake for the rest. You could even carve the tail from it if you don't want to use the triangles from the circle. I was using a 400x400 pixel circle and a 400x400 square, and was able to get enough put together to make him with plenty of the square cake left over. But you do need to shape the head. Part of his lower jaw also fits onto the circle in that picture.

Yoshi seems to be more oval...Although I did find one picture of him that would fit quite nicely onto a rectangle.
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=yosh...iw=1440&bih=730

Inventor
Original Poster
#12 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 11:37 PM
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=503228168
There's the link to my profile, the cakes are in my pictures.

Thanks for the tips!