Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 3:10 AM Last edited by Airelda : 15th Nov 2018 at 8:16 AM.
Default Why would the NPC outfits be visible in Bodyshop? *SOLVED*
Hi everyone,

I have been trying to un-Maxisify my game as much as possible. I have downloaded as many hiders for Maxis things as possible including everything in Bodyshop.

I don't know what I have done or downloaded to make this possible, but my Bodyshop has all of the adult NPC outfits at the end of my options, and I definitely want them gone! As far as I can remember, they are not usually available for use in Bodyshop in a vanilla game?

Has anyone got any ideas how to reverse this?

SOLUTION - I had Tasha Faun's "NPC Careers" hack installed (available here at MTS). When I removed the hack the outfits were gone
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 10:46 PM
likely it is some download.
3 programs can identify any custom content.
- this site's Download Organizer
- main site's Content Manager
- Clean Installer
Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 11:35 AM
I have Motoki's "Buyable Work and NPC Clothes" from moreawesomethanyou.com which has an effect something like that. (I don't use Bodyshop, but the NPC outfits show up in CAS similar to the way you describe.)

I had some problems with the mod and had to change the load order so it loads before my default replacements (which I prefer to using hiders), otherwise I get weird problems like mail carriers with invisible bodies.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 8:17 AM
Thank you for your input, both of you!

I didn't have the Buyable Work Clothes hack installed, but RoxEllen, your suggestion led me to fine the hack causing the problem - Tasha Faun's "NPC Careers" hack from MTS.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 11:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I have Motoki's "Buyable Work and NPC Clothes" from moreawesomethanyou.com which has an effect something like that. (I don't use Bodyshop, but the NPC outfits show up in CAS similar to the way you describe.)

I had some problems with the mod and had to change the load order so it loads before my default replacements (which I prefer to using hiders), otherwise I get weird problems like mail carriers with invisible bodies.

@RoxEllen1965 is that what causes that?! thank you. I simply removed my default mail career default thinking it was borked. Did you add a few zz to the buyable mod?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 11:47 AM
@joandsarah77 - no, Motoki's mod needs to load first or it causes problems. I added aaa to the front of the file name to force Motoki's mod to load first and put all my NPC defaults in the same folder with it.

Motoki's mod just unlocks the career outfits - it doesn't include an actual career. I don't know if a CC career would work the same way. Try messing with the load order the way I did and see if it helps.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 2:27 AM
@RoxEllen1965 My mail lady must have more going on. Changing the order at least change her from being invisible to clothes though.
"I'm sporting the dual borked look today!"
Screenshots

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~