Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Apr 2024 at 12:47 AM
Default Removing a file from merged default replacement?
Hi! I am using Aminova's default plant recolors, they come merged in one package, but I would like to remove a certain plant from the package so that I can use a different replacement for that plant. I found this tutorial on removing it in s3pe, but I don't have the originals.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 30th Apr 2024 at 2:38 AM
If you know what the plant looks like, you can simply open the package in S3PE and look at the image previews to delete the one you don't want.
It can also be filtered out by ID, by copying it from the replacer you do want and pasting it into S3PE's filter.

Alternatively, if you place the preferred package in your Overrides folder it will load last and 'win' over any instances of the same file that are installed in Packages
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Apr 2024 at 3:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
If you know what the plant looks like, you can simply open the package in S3PE and look at the image previews to delete the one you don't want.
It can also be filtered out by ID, by copying it from the replacer you do want and pasting it into S3PE's filter.

Alternatively, if you place the preferred package in your Overrides folder it will load last and 'win' over any instances of the same file that are installed in Packages

Yess, thank you for this!!! And I REALLY appreciate the different methods, this is beyond helpful! I never knew about putting the preferred packages in Overrides. Originally I opened the merged package, right-clicked, and deleted the file in question, but I then I got hung up because I didn't know if it was as easy as just going to File>Save or if there were any additional steps. I guess since the tutorial I linked had several steps, I figured it couldn't be that easy, lol.

So I just right click, delete and then go to file and save correct?
Instructor
#4 Old 30th Apr 2024 at 4:17 AM
Yes, that's fine

The extra steps in that guide are more for trying to delete things when you're going in totally blind, unaware of which resources have anything to do with what you're removing. Texture replacements only use _IMG files, which S3PE can helpfully preview, so they are far more accessible to look at and edit.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Apr 2024 at 5:27 AM
Ohhhhh ok! Everything makes sense now, and I'm glad that I kinda lucked out with the less complex of the two processes
Your knowledge is essential! Thank you so much again for sharing this info. I so appreciate it! ♡
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Apr 2024 at 5:29 AM
LMAO! Love your name btw