Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Sockpuppet
#51 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 7:30 PM Last edited by BloomsBase : 28th Sep 2012 at 7:41 PM.
Did your sim has more accesoires on?
EA made a stupid setting that when you put on more then one accesoire the textures get worse.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...ight=shoppinbag
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 8:10 PM
?? in one category only one accessory....
or you asked not about category?

i know, that if using normal map, accessories looks better
Sockpuppet
#53 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 8:58 PM
See wat happens if you put on the fairy wings + earrings + watch for example

Lab Assistant
#54 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 9:04 PM
i saw this, but might be your bag was in braslets category. thats way i asked you.

ok, lets it is so
i want try to use normal mapping and separated s3packs...
but if i use clothes, set it like accessory, set 0xA7B368FB i get wrong display in game...
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...140#post3973140

sorry for my awfull english... =))
Sockpuppet
#55 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 10:54 PM
Do you have ep6?
It has a neckless with normalmap(and set to alphaedits)
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 7:42 AM
no
and this cc from necless will work only with ep6... it is bad
Sockpuppet
#57 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 7:54 AM Last edited by BloomsBase : 29th Sep 2012 at 8:16 AM.
well, i tried the wings yesterday on that ep6 necklace file but all errors are the same
It is not possible to make ep stuff basegamecompatible.
Some files look liked they have been cloned but still uses the original source(like the BONE files)
Those original files are needed so you need to include them but no longer work if you change the group#...........
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 8:38 AM
ok... thats way i cant make this wings, yes?
i should make meshes for each wings what i want?
Sockpuppet
#59 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 9:21 AM
i had same results with just one wing.
Maybe it is the accesoire you pick(clone) because i have made one accesoire that did not have these issues
Sockpuppet
#60 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 9:52 AM
Ok.....
After some testing i finally figured out wats causing this.
The moment you add a alpha channel to your multiplier all hell brakes loose
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 10:01 AM
???
i didn't undestand you =)

have you solve the problem?
Sockpuppet
#62 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 10:11 AM
The accesoires we cloned(ringglass and bracelet) do not have a alpha channel, they have a DXT1noalpha multiplier.
If you edit those and give it a alpha channel and save as DXT5interpolatedalpha all goes wrong......
You need to clone a accesoire that has a DXT5 multiplier instead of a DXT1

I tried one of the glasses for your wings and they work fine in CAS(did not change shader yet....)
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 10:17 AM
hm... you just use glass object for mesh...
but glasses have 2 groups... i tried use it... but texture was solid....

and what glasses has 4 recolors? i cant find, but i need it
Sockpuppet
#64 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 10:24 AM
You use group_0 for your wings(the frame)
Keep group_1 as placeholder but delete all faces(from the lenses) exept one.
Place that one face(move) to the center of the sims head and boneassigne it to the sims head joint.

Change the shader of GEOM group_0 to CASsimhairsimple

Use the following texture format:
Mask= DXT1noalpha
Multiplier=DXT5interpolatedalpha
Spec=DXT1noalpha

You do not need a transparancymap or enable transparancy
srry for highjacking this thread Cmar....

Edit,
You need 4 recolors?
The file you send me has 2 and 3
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 10:28 AM
yes, it works! thanks a lot! where your paypal button, i want send you some for your time for me =)

i have another wings, that need 4 colors =)
Sockpuppet
#66 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 10:42 AM
Sweet
You dont have to give me something but if you insist:
http://www.bloomsbase.net/

I dont know if there is a accesoire with 4 recolors, neither have i looked for more accesoires that uses DXT5 as multiplier.(you must use one)
You have to look
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 10:51 AM
i have found this tutorial, how do you think, can it be used for accessory?
http://www.thesimsresource.com/reso...orkshop/id/342/
Sockpuppet
#68 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 12:34 PM
no, its a diffrent setup with diffrent shader.

I once made CAS glasses with recoroble lenses so it is possible.
The file got rejected on MTS2 and i lost it due a HD crash, have to figure it out all again.
Test Subject
#69 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 5:06 AM
thaaaaank you so much♥
Test Subject
#70 Old 8th Apr 2013 at 7:00 PM Last edited by Nelus : 18th Apr 2013 at 1:42 AM.
Update: Found it out after alot of trys. TSRW is unable to handle transparency created this way. It will always replace 100% transparency with Skin texture. Does only show things like 90% transparency but also bugged with that.

Hi, great tutorial.

I tried doing some ragged clothes since Island Paradise is around the Corner.

Started with the Teen Female Long skirt.
Did follow the tut(clear and easy). Export mesh, change shader with geom(Simsimplehair), make a package out of it and load it into TSRW. Still the mesh has no transparency and shows the skin texture. Did included some underwear mesh for legs and Pants and their textures also paint on the (outer) skirt mesh.

So am i missing some step or did i run into an object thats incompatible with transparency? Did read alot about changing maps type dx1 dx5 and so on. Any clue if its requiered with this item?

If it helps i did include the package file, but didnt do more than changing the shader with these.

Any help would be appreciated
Attached files:
File Type: rar  simproj.rar (112.8 KB, 23 downloads) - View custom content
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#71 Old 18th Apr 2013 at 11:35 PM
Sorry, didn't see this question until now!

I tried importing one of your packages and exporting a new package from TSRW. The meshes kept the shader settings. Most likely TSRW doesn't use the transparent shader when rendering the preview, so I'm not surprised the transparency doesn't show in TSRW itself. Did you try in-game? You didn't include textures in your packages so I didn't try it myself.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#72 Old 16th Nov 2013 at 6:07 PM
Hey Cmar
Thank you for this great tutorial! I'm working on an accessory for horses and wanted to have some fuzzy sheepskin. So far I've got it to work that some of the parts which should be transparent actually are, but others are not. I think this is due to this 'either completely visible or not' thing but I don't know which one of the textures need to be saved as DXT5. Is is the transparency map or the multiplyer?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#73 Old 17th Nov 2013 at 12:13 AM
The multiplier. The transparency is set in the alpha channel of the multiplier. As far as I know a separate transparency map is only used in TSRW, and in order to get shaded transparency (with DXT5) you would have to export the package, manually change the mesh shader, and reimport into TSRW.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#74 Old 17th Nov 2013 at 11:48 AM
Alright. My poblem seems to be the saving in DXT5. When I do that, my alpha channel looks just like my rgb channels, meaning the mask which should determine the transparency is no longer there?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#75 Old 17th Nov 2013 at 1:53 PM
Could you post screenshots to show what you mean? What graphics program are you using, and how are you editing the alpha channel?

Page 3 of 5