Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 12th Mar 2006 at 3:21 AM
i have a problem when i did your tutorial i followed all the steps and my table still does not match that mesh

Lifes A B**** Then you Marry One Then you Die
Advertisement
Part-time Hermit
#52 Old 12th Mar 2006 at 6:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by katies282005
i have a problem when i did your tutorial i followed all the steps and my table still does not match that mesh

Your table doesn't need to match the mesh in the tutorial exactly. The point is that you get some kind of a new mesh that you're satisfied with. The purpose is to learn to make an object, not to make an exact copy of the tutorial table . Unless you mean that there is something seriously wrong with your mesh. In that case, you will need to give more details about what exactly is wrong with it, and maybe post a screenshot of the table as an attachment .
Test Subject
#53 Old 12th Mar 2006 at 7:53 AM
ok my mesh doesnt match the pic in my game is what i meant i made a mesh of my own that kinda looked like the one in the tutorial and when it was implanted into my game the mesh still looked like original

Part-time Hermit
#54 Old 12th Mar 2006 at 8:03 AM
Which mesh editor did you use? It's hard to say where exactly the problem is, but it does sound like you may have missed a step. Did you make sure that when you exported the mesh you made from the mesh editor, that you saved it over the original file, and that it was the same one you imported into SimPE? And in SimPE, did you really replace the original with yours? I'd recommend you go over every step once more and make sure you don't miss anything. Remember to Commit after you import the mesh into SimPE also.
Test Subject
#55 Old 12th Mar 2006 at 8:12 AM
i used milkshape 3d 1.7.7a

#56 Old 12th Mar 2006 at 1:18 PM
WinRAR also tells me an "unexpected end of archive" on the two archive-files for blender further downloading them took me about 1.5 hrs too. I don't want to bug you too to send them via e-mail. are there no mirrors for the files?
Part-time Hermit
#57 Old 12th Mar 2006 at 2:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gas01ine
winRAR also tells me an "unexpected end of archive" on the two archive-files for blender further downloading them took me about 1.5 hrs too. I don't want to bug you too to send them via e-mail. are there no mirrors for the files?

There are no mirrors, but I can email you the tutorial tomorrow when I'm back at my home computer if you want me to. You can PM me your email address .
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 14th Mar 2006 at 1:30 PM Last edited by Mirjam : 14th Mar 2006 at 2:03 PM.
i tried to do my object " a chain sclupture... i wanted to do something really simple... this is how the chain sclupture looks like in the wings 3D... but when i went to the game only 2 rings" showes .. not even the base.... does anyone know whats wrong? help please!
Screenshots
#59 Old 15th Mar 2006 at 8:26 PM
Default Help
I have a question for anyone who can anwser it. Ive just started to use SimPE and when i begain i follow every step to clone. Then i get to the part where it says! "to click on the Geometric Data Container under resourse tree" Then click on Geometric Data Container under type. The when i click on it it brings up a error message saying "File or assembly name Microsoft.DirectX, or one of its edpendencies, was not found."
Fluffy
retired moderator
#60 Old 16th Mar 2006 at 8:43 AM
knaackers,
it sound like you might need to update your direct x
if you're on a pc, you'll find the latest version here
Test Subject
#61 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 3:28 PM Last edited by evafog : 21st Mar 2006 at 3:35 PM.
Im kinda in the dark right now.
I've done all the steps (using the Wings 3D tutorial) and I'm at Tesselate/ Triangulate the table.
The only problem is, that that isn't an option in version 0.98.33 (see screenshot) so what's my option?

Test Subject
#62 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 3:34 PM
K - to try and give an answer my own question, I got the option while exporting it as a .obj
Sometimes it helps being a complete anarchist :D

So an update to the Wings 3D tutorial:
When Exporting choose the square under Wavefront (.obj) and choose the Tesselation here (as see on the screenshot above)
Test Subject
#63 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 4:04 PM
i dont remember that but it´s the program that you fix your own objects....
Part-time Hermit
#64 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 5:14 PM
evafog, of those four "pyramids" on top of the screen, you need to have the third one from the left selected, and you should get the "tesselate" option when you right click on the screen.
#65 Old 22nd Mar 2006 at 9:03 PM
how do you download a object creator (milkshape)
Part-time Hermit
#66 Old 22nd Mar 2006 at 9:05 PM
Download the tutorial, and it'll have the links to where to download the programs from.
Test Subject
#67 Old 23rd Mar 2006 at 5:23 PM
I have translated your tutorial into Norwegian.
Because it was a big request at alphasims.com

And while i was uploading there i tought maybe you guys here at mts2 would to have it to.
But one big problem i would have upload it in your tread but my files are to big.

But if you do want them.
please let me know.

And p.s Thank you so much for your tutorial i just Love it.

Update almost forgot to say that the Tutorial is for milkshape and it is a Word fil.
Part-time Hermit
#68 Old 23rd Mar 2006 at 6:28 PM
kenny, thank you very much for the translation! You can email the tutorial to me if you want to (at ignorant.bliss#@gmail.com remove the #). I'll get in touch with Numenor about it, and we may have to split it in two parts like we had to do with the English version, as well, and then post it along with the English version.
Test Subject
#69 Old 23rd Mar 2006 at 6:40 PM
Your quit welcome
Just my way of saying thanks for this great Tutorial
Btw it is already in two parts, just sent the mail to your mail.
#70 Old 23rd Mar 2006 at 6:52 PM
Could you make a tutorial for 3dsmax too? Since it would be more simpel for me and probaly some other people to use 3dsmax then an other program.
If you could, would be great

Greets sbn
Part-time Hermit
#71 Old 23rd Mar 2006 at 6:57 PM
If there is someone who has 3DS Max, knows how to use it and wants to make a version of this tutorial for it, they are welcome to do that . I don't personally have the program and have never used it, so I can't offer help with that.
#72 Old 23rd Mar 2006 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IgnorantBliss
If there is someone who has 3DS Max, knows how to use it and wants to make a version of this tutorial for it, they are welcome to do that . I don't personally have the program and have never used it, so I can't offer help with that.

Well, I found tutorials for 3dsmax:http://www.pandorasims.net/tutorials2.html
This is coming in handy. (this is maybe handy for other people looking for 3DS Max Tutorials!
Test Subject
#73 Old 24th Mar 2006 at 3:10 PM
Hi, first of all thank you for taking your time to show us unkowing people how to do all of this!
Im really anxcious to learn how to make objects, so i treid to download the tutorial with Blender 3d. It finished downloading it and i unpacked it, but i somehow cant open it. i really dont understand why and i was hoping that you might be able to help me or tell me what im doing wrong...!?

so any help is really appreciated...thanx!

~Live each day as if it were you're last! ;D
» http://www.sheylassims2.com/
°SheyLa°
#74 Old 24th Mar 2006 at 6:25 PM
kenny, I converted your translated version into two PDFs, put them into RARs and uploaded them to the main post .
Test Subject
#75 Old 24th Mar 2006 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IgnorantBliss
kenny, I converted your translated version into two PDFs, put them into RARs and uploaded them to the main post .

That's okay
Just glad that Norwegian people that don't understand english so good now can Enjoy this very helpful Tutorial and might inspirer them to start meshing to
Page 3 of 58