Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Larger Households -- up to 50 family members *UPD 04oct2008*

by 5th LMNt Posted 28th Sep 2007 at 2:21 AM - Updated 11th Dec 2009 at 10:52 PM by 5th LMNt : Sims 3

471 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 402 Feedback Posts, 68 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 19
Test Subject
#126 Old 10th Aug 2008 at 7:01 PM
This seems like a really cool download, but unfortunately I put it in my downloads folder and then started the game and I can't get it to work. I tried to add extra sims in CAS, and I tried to add extra sims to the families in the neighborhood, but it's not working. Do I have to do something else to make this download work?
Test Subject
#127 Old 15th Aug 2008 at 5:01 PM Last edited by Josieehh : 17th Aug 2008 at 3:43 PM.
Thank you so much ! I really needed that !

.. But I see it doesn't work
Test Subject
#128 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 4:30 PM
Exactly what i whas looking for :D
I breed horse-donkey-zebra-cross-dogs on my game and I need to have many pets
But I don´t think I ever will test to have mora than 8 sims, I have trouble with taking care of just one sim xD
Test Subject
#129 Old 22nd Aug 2008 at 12:58 AM
The link you mentioned about Jordi and merging families doesn't work. It may have been deleted. What is the info I'm supposed to change?
Test Subject
#130 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 6:14 PM
This is really gonna be useful for my movies series. Thank you sooooooo much! :D
Scholar
#131 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by reluctantvixen
The link you mentioned about Jordi and merging families doesn't work. It may have been deleted. What is the info I'm supposed to change?

Read post # 76 in this thread. The file you must create must be a .cheat file not a .txt file. The file contains cheats from Maxis so that you can merge sims to more than 8 on a lot. You can't create more than 8 in CAS either.

This mod is enabling the Try for baby even if the lot already have 8 sims. You can also invite sims to move in.
Scholar
#132 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 9:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dreamsofcake
When I went to Create A Family Mode,it only let me go until 8 people?Why?(I have BV)

Read the instructions about compatibility. Carefully this time!
Scholar
#133 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
Read the instructions about compatibility. Carefully this time!

LotFullOfSims by Jordi can be found here.
http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php

The drawback with that one is that you can't invite sims to move in.
You need the Maxis cheat file for this too and you can't create more than 8 in CAS.
Test Subject
#134 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 10:18 PM
Thankyou for this- but where can I find that 'pregnancy for both genders' thing? I've been looking everywhere for an MPreg hack. Insiminator, when used for male pregnancies, goes glitchy and the sim is stuck in one part of the pregnancy- when they'd normally zoom in to show a woman's stomach growing.
Test Subject
#135 Old 8th Sep 2008 at 11:14 PM
This is AWESOME!!! But could you please make this FreeTime and AL compatible?? Somebody please make it compatible!!! Sorry if I sound demanding.
Field Researcher
#136 Old 30th Sep 2008 at 9:36 AM
THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I breed fat kitties and I never have the heart to get rid of them <3
This hack is a must-have for me!

Quote: Originally posted by Vyse
This is AWESOME!!! But could you please make this FreeTime and AL compatible?? Somebody please make it compatible!!! Sorry if I sound demanding.

Vyse, test it and find out!

I'm going to test this with every ep installed! (Except NL) So I'll get back to you when I've tested it!

98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this in your siggy.
(()) Pass this ribbon around if you have or know someone with an illness and together, WE CAN
//\\ CONQUER IT!!!
Test Subject
#137 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 7:28 PM Last edited by windsflame : 4th Oct 2008 at 7:40 PM.
I tried to use this with all EPs to AL(without any SP's), and it didn't work!
It's possible to get pregnant with Insimenator, but I can't do "Give Birth".
I'm trying to do with jordi's files and cheat.
Before I installed AL, it worked perfectly for Uni to FT. I don't know why it doesn't work. I hope it work!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#138 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 11:36 PM Last edited by Numenor : 4th Oct 2008 at 11:41 PM.
UPDATE by Numenor:
I noticed this mod is not fully compatible with expansions newer than Pets (you may experience "jump bugs" and random errors). Technically speaking, this mod overrides some global BCONs with the old PETS versions, that are missing all the new values introduced with Seasons and newer EPs.
Since the creator (5th LMNt, aka 5th Elementh) didn't connect to MTS2 for a long time, I thought to personally update this mod.
The new version, compatible with AL, is attached to the first post, with the name "LargerHouseholdsEP8_(Numenor).rar". Remember to REMOVE the old version "LargerHouseholdsEP4.package" from your Downloads before installing the new version. You don't neet to get the new version if you don't have any EP newer than Pets.
IMPORTANT: I didn't change anything in the way this mod works; I only made it compatible with AL. Therefore, all the limitations and incompatibilities with other mods that affected the old version will affect the new one, too.
In particular, I don't know (and I won't check) if this mod is compatible or not with InSIMenator, inTEENimater and other pregnancy hacks.
For the curious modders out there, I can only tell that this mod replaces the Global BCONs 0x0102 (Global Tuning) and 0x015B (Global Tuning2): every other hack or mod that contains a replacement for these two global BCONs is incompatible with the LargerHouseholds mod.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
#140 Old 9th Oct 2008 at 6:26 PM
Thank you for updating this, Numenor!
Test Subject
#141 Old 10th Oct 2008 at 4:05 AM
So now that this mod has been updated, does anyone know if it messes with plant sims anymore? i also had a problem with this hack not allowing my pets to become pregnant. the option is still there, but they never seem to get pregnant. any ideas?
#142 Old 10th Oct 2008 at 4:14 AM
Try it and find out, then tell us the results?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#143 Old 10th Oct 2008 at 2:27 PM
Epedersons - I don't know specifically the answers to your questions; I only know that this mod is very little "invasive", it changes only few game resources. In particular, I know that the game, when a sim is going to become pregnant, checks the very same values as when a sim is invited to move in: if the "move in" works, there is no apparent reason why the pregnancy should not work.

If you are willing to help, please try this mod after removing all the other downloads; go to the lot where your wannabe-pregnant sims live and woohoo at will -

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#144 Old 10th Oct 2008 at 8:52 PM
It's not working for me, i mean it says i installed it succesfully but when i go to the family screen it will still only let me create 8 sims, and it wont let me move more sims into a household with 8.

Can someone PM me about this please.
#145 Old 10th Oct 2008 at 9:23 PM Last edited by GeneralOperationsDirector : 10th Oct 2008 at 9:23 PM. Reason: Repair markup.
Geminiasp, that is a different issue that this mod canNOT address. Try something like this, instead:
Quote: Originally posted by userstartup.cheat
uintProp maxTotalSims 18 # Default: 10
uintProp maxTotalHumans 18 # Default: 8
uintProp maxTotalPets 6 # Default: 6
Edit the numbers to suit. It might help, but I cannot guarantee it, as I haven`t tested it yet.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Test Subject
#146 Old 10th Oct 2008 at 10:00 PM
I LOVE YOU!!! this is great i have a sim that had seven kids a girl a boy and quintepelet boys (omg what are the chances right i didnt use a hack) and when the quins became children i kanda missed having a baby in the house but i couldnt so you just really helped me
The ModFather
retired moderator
#147 Old 11th Oct 2008 at 12:05 PM
Gemini, there is a statement by 5th LMNt in the first post:
"This mod works for getting pregnant, adopting, asking someone to move in, pets getting pregnant, etc. It does not allow you to create more than 8 household members in CAS, as that's a whole separate thing."

Are you trying to create your large household in the CAS? Or merging existing households while in neighborhood view?

Test Subject
#148 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
Read post #75

Ok, maybe I'm stuck on stupid but I tried to change the values as mentioned in #76 in order to be able to move additional sims in. However the config file is in XML format so I am unable to make any changes. Anyone know of a way around this?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#149 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 2:04 AM
The "userStartup.cheat" is a plain text file, not in XML format, and therefore you can open and edit it using the Notepad.
BTW, for your information, even XML file can be edited with the notepad.

Test Subject
#150 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 9:31 AM
Thanks;

and thanks to Numenor for the update. I have 8 students in homemade dorm, and 2 more in another, this will help to get these sims together, and save the long, arduous task of getting them to be friends by phone & vists.

thanks again
cyn
Page 6 of 19