Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Mar 2019 at 3:11 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 30th Mar 2019 at 9:51 AM. Reason: Text reducing
Default TS4 - Cherry goes wisteria
Ok, the next step as I see used to be a my own thread.
So here is a short story
I've stated this house many months ago and started a thread at Google+. But now they say me that 2.04.19 service are closing so I quoted thread here:

Quote:
CHERRY WIND RESTAURANT

This restaurant is the best to place on Fashion district of San Mushyno instead of karaoke bar. Made by Victor_tor. Enjoy!
Slideshow
http://s599.photobucket.com/user/Vi...nd%20Restaurant
Download no CC version
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1bbsk...C%2529.rar/file
Download CC version with fruitable cherry trees (CC is not included. link in archive)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/u02p9...D%2529.rar/file

It was a hard task to make modern interior and I still don't like it looks. Perhaps each time my sims visited it, I moved to buymode to made some tweakings. First was a chair I lost to place by the table, then I noticed family in my game is very huge so I tried to make kids having fun here, then I noticed this restaurant has no bar. And I was stuck. Finally I noticed I had not so much place for such tweaking, restaurant goes very uninteresting for myself and I replaced it backwards.

I had an idea to reshare it on MTS but I need to do something before.
First! I prefered something with word Wisteria not Cherry.
Second! Think it needs another function! (but not karaoke bar, that's enough at San Mushyno) Someone at discord said me museum is very suitable. I had an idea to make it residential but I do not know how it will work when sims visits festivals.

Please help me edit this building!

This restaurant now uses DineOut, SpaDay, GetTogether and of course CityLiving.

Regards, Vic

Psst... just fer your interest. I am currently working on another two buildings at CFF: Villa Strangheim Redux and this just fer my personal usage. Feel free to follow those and leave comments there.
Screenshots

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 6:17 PM
Hi Victor_tor and welcome to Mentoring4Builders! Unfortunately, we don't have as many builders in TS4 as we do for the other games, though of course, lots of elements extend to all games.

If I understand your post, you made a small restaurant that you would like to be of modern design, with some added fun elements, located next to a San Mushyno festival area. I really like the shell itself, pretty, inviting, and suits the environment!

A few suggestions: the layout includes several long walkways that take up lots of space without adding anything to the restaurant. The bench seating doesn't seem very modern to me. I would redesign the floorplan to include tables and chairs, not benches, maybe with an open kitchen? If you like the kitchen walled in, maybe move it to a corner of the building, because it is taking up prime space where it is now. So make it a feature (open) or move it more out of the way.

I hope perhaps @Volvenom has some suggestions. She is both a great modern builder, builds in TS4, and enjoys the modern aesthetic.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 3:09 PM
Oh, thank you. All understood! I'll be waiting Volvenom's response too!

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
dodgy builder
#4 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 8:57 PM
I'm not so good these days, so it took me a while to post. Excuse my french, but I hate slideshows, and this isn't even working properly. It's much easier if you just upload your pictures as attachments here on mts.

Then lets get on to the lot. I'm not really a player, so what lot functionality you should choose isn't my thing, on the other hand it probably comes down to functionality. If you choose some bar functionality, your restaurant may not work.

My main issue though is TS4's lack of contrast. I usually end up making a ton of it. Like if your main color is pink, I would choose lilac and similar colors to really punch some style into the lot. I would also probably go with a complementary contrast, like with pink it would be light green. You can also go with pink and red, and then have green as complementary. On the other hand on a party lot you could go with pink, red, orange ... that will be colors close to each other on the color wheel.

You can google for complementary contrast any day, you will find the color wheel there, make sure it's the one with red and green as opposites, because that's the one Sims use.

I hope this was useful
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 11:41 PM
Volvenom, I've added some screens at attatchments here from slideshow. It takes a lot of time to attatch it all.
I am trying to find matching colours all the time I made houses. I tried to make this plain white coloured with some pink drops. And adds some custom light colours to make it even much pink and purple. But I am sure, you are right and I need to go against it.
If it were TS3, I'd prefer make it fusion lounge. All Tokyo-like surrounding is tend me add here something japaneese. I don't know how to make something similar at TS4. But... ugh... I can't plan here bar drinks menu. I can make it only if I having restaurant((( But for drinks bar restaurant is having too much dishes. Another reason I don't like restaurant cause festival lot is close here. Sims hadn't enough energy both take part festivals and enjoy restaurant dishes. They need to choose and I prefered festivals.

dodgy builder
#6 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 9:06 AM Last edited by Volvenom : 2nd Apr 2019 at 9:18 AM.
White in ts4 isn't really white, so it all blends together in a gory bunch or something. If you want to make a partylot, a color punch is a suitable choice. You can have white'ish on walls and floors.

... and thank you for the pictures

One thing annoying me a bit is the brown part of your lot. Either it has to be far more brown, or you have to make it fit the rest of the lot.

I also see several objects you could have used in colored versions, but they are white. Like in the kitchen. You can also punch in even more colors with colored lights.

Finding the right colors can be hard. Like brown is 2 complementary colors. Try to mix red and green with your watercolors, and you will see it turns brown
... meaning, brown isn't just brown.
Theorist
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 1:25 PM
Volvenom, I just saw Asian club by Crowkeeper made red and green. http://www.modthesims.info/d/546875...asian-club.html Also with idea to use underground space with entrance pavillion and long route paths. I am using pink and violet, so green I need to use by colour Wheel is probably much yellow then green. Agree?
Maybe there is a chance to use underground space and made this shell just entrance pavillion. I just tried this idea, replaced the tree by lilac coloured and replaced bench by shape from surrounding as attuned have said.
Screenshots

dodgy builder
#8 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 11:47 AM
I'm using my eyes when I choose colors and in 3 I use color theme generators. It's better if you take a picture inside on sims level, but my gut instinct says those chairs arn't working. I never use them though, and you might have found a solution I didn't think of.

For short, take pictures of interiors on ground level and from sims view, otherwise it's very hard to see.
Theorist
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 3:53 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 3rd Apr 2019 at 4:10 PM.
Yes, I use this and EP/SP filters too. Even filters misses some objects, it shows great colour matching.
Thank you for your feedback. It's hard task to create in loneliness.
Decided to replace restaurant by bar if they're can't be used together. I made some pictures and noticed I can't put camera down to sims view underground. Pictures of underground are from ground level most close view. Undone and too sketchy. Pink and green paired with white and gray are most used now. Blue suddenly appeared. Outdoor shows bench replacing.

dodgy builder
#10 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 4:53 PM
You're taking pictures in the evening or something. That affects the color of objects and lights in the room.

You're really on to something now though. Much better. Do you have some light green or purple color on the wall-objects in the room with a green floor? I would just have some sort of color there, but if you only have strong colors to choose from, it's better in white. It can be too dominant.

I like the purple glossy sparkle on the floor in the green room. It would be fun to see in daytime though.

Can't you take pictures of the basement. I do that from time to time. It might be on residential lots though.

The basement is nice as well. I like the use of red in decoration together with purple floors.

The purple trees on the outside might be a bit too much though. You might have crossed the line there. The natural color of trees are green usually, the trees look fake. I can't remember what they look like in daytime. TS4 is like that sometimes though, a bit fake. You just have to choose what you're lot is about. Natural or a tad bit TS4 fake and what is the word? That crayon, drawing kind of effect. Sorry I'm not english.
Theorist
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 5:52 PM
First six are day all other night screens. I use Luumia's NoBlu, have average graphics and laptop mode to not overload my pc.

I haven't added lights at green room. *sigh* I don't know how to manage lights at buildmode. I let all colour and strength light reductions to final, when enter sims and edit all during life mode test..

Basement screens? There is no basement here. You know, TS4 has not any basement levels already since its surface sticking with a ground) I am sure there is something like "Aikea Gunea's TS3 Camera" for TS4, but don't know where. It could help a lot.

dodgy builder
#12 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 8:27 PM
Hm ... the floorplan picture taken from above with black around, that is below ground meaning the basement. You must be thinking of a foundation.
Theorist
Original Poster
#13 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Hm ... the floorplan picture taken from above with black around, that is below ground meaning the basement. You must be thinking of a foundation.

Oh. Yes, you are right. Sorry for my English too.

Theorist
Original Poster
#14 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 9:08 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 3rd Apr 2019 at 9:53 PM.
Purple trees are wisterias. They are really exists. Also sakura has pink beautiful blossom. It blossoms very much so it look as full pink. I thought it was first idea of EA to add so many pink trees to this "china town" district

Aand I am trying to use all your suggestions about colours, Volvenom. Read today about japaneese architecture. Tried to use some japaneese interior features)
Screenshots

Theorist
Original Poster
#15 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 9:33 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 5th Apr 2019 at 9:55 PM.
Default question
Even I can't upload, I show it here.
Replaced all in entrance hall and made concept of gamers playroom in green and pink contrasts Volvenom suggested. Third and fourth pictures mess more inspiration by pics of akihabara. Sims need to cross all this mess to enter underground bar. Does screens quality is enough not to spit of anger when see this at MTS?
Screenshots

Theorist
Original Poster
#16 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 10:05 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 14th Apr 2019 at 11:33 PM.
Hi all.
I found a way to enter interiors with camers down the ground level. And it's just can be made with keypad controls Tab camera live mode.
Sad, but still don't know how to make it from build mode. All other houses has not such glitch( It make some difficults to make close look of deeper levels then -1. If someone had some issuies tell how it'll be solved.

I made some interiors screens. It has some glitches. And made some inspirational screenss of akihibara. I thought to make it look like but I have messed. Entrance hall looks now like a garden. But I don't saticfied it looks like. And now its traditional interior conflicts with modern looking shell.

I wanted to make all lot has functions like Crowkeeper's Dancing Dragon but still more questions than answers now after ground floor playtested. Dancing Dragon has two bars I have already noticed not working together at sims 4. I don't know how will work dj booth at bar lot function? Will it has DJ and how works bar stand with night club Is there any instruments for band scene? I am not sure but I am pretty close to use a lot of custom content for this lot. Sad it's probably need not only objects but game and core mods because without it has not function.

Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#17 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 8:48 PM
I have never played Sims 4 but it seems like Crowkeeper's Dancing Dragon was a dance club/bar masquerading inside a serene pastoral setting of a Buddhist temple. If you are trying to create a serene atmosphere hidden inside an urban city setting, I would look at Buddhist temples for inspiration such as Todaiji Temple in Nara Japan.
Theorist
Original Poster
#18 Old 16th Apr 2019 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fascisthater
I have never played Sims 4 but it seems like Crowkeeper's Dancing Dragon was a dance club/bar masquerading inside a serene pastoral setting of a Buddhist temple. If you are trying to create a serene atmosphere hidden inside an urban city setting, I would look at Buddhist temples for inspiration such as Todaiji Temple in Nara Japan.

The most difficult task here for me is furnishing. I can't stop something exactly. I made another plan with back my 1st floor to players room and edited sims routes. I'm sorry it was not last screen so I marked placement of objects before screening. I decided not to use all underground levels. Just first. Also walls downstairs are black everywhere.

I can screen fine from the top view but I don't like this lot forbids me enter lifemode camera downstairs! It can be controlled now just press `tab` and `q/e` buttons. I am afraid this bug will stick with lot and will transfered when this building will uploaded! And it's the only lot has this bug! All others are all right! I am already not sure to uplad this lot at creators section here. It is too buggy.
Screenshots

Theorist
Original Poster
#19 Old 17th Apr 2019 at 10:01 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 17th Apr 2019 at 10:49 AM. Reason: added overview in spoiler
Finally I found the reason camera was not achieve the floors of underground levels. And the reason was the puddle made with fountain buildmode tool. After I found it, I replaced all underground level. Weird thing but hope EA will fix it someday.

It is just a pavilion with wisterias in fall now. As attuned said shell is beautiful I turned it to clear and decided to share it here .
You can upload it here at MTS using M4BCreators group account. Still don't upload it to exchange. Feel free to use whatever you want and alert me to use in decoration with pick @ before my nick here in reply with screenshots

All previously said in short:
Post your decorations here in reply.
All specs and share link are here
Regards
Vic ^_^

Theorist
Original Poster
#20 Old 17th Apr 2019 at 10:38 AM
@Volvenom, thank you fer your help. I followed your suggestions with colour wheel. Using pink wisterias contrasted with green grass helped me a lot to make all outer view!

dodgy builder
#21 Old 18th Apr 2019 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
@Volvenom, thank you fer your help. I followed your suggestions with colour wheel. Using pink wisterias contrasted with green grass helped me a lot to make all outer view!

My pleasure I'm glad I could help. Did you try to adjust the color on the lights?
Theorist
Original Poster
#22 Old 22nd Apr 2019 at 3:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
My pleasure I'm glad I could help. Did you try to adjust the color on the lights?

Yeah. All lights at Cherry Wind were adjusted. Almost all light inviroment were pink with mid strong. Those glowing lotuses wasted all chilling restaurant inviroment. And you can see all the result here:

Also I made bright pink and purple lights at water closets to show purple is for male, and pink is for females.
I never more adjusted lights since I start this reduction.