Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 4:28 PM
Default Is this pc good for sims 3 ?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-omen...p?skuId=5759916

Trying to find a pc to run sims 3 that is not over the top expensive. They are not interested in self building, and their are a limited amount of local stores in the area, for a friend who recently has gotten the sims 3 and expansions gifted to them. They also play sims 2 UC no problem, but pc is nowhere close to running sims 3. I am trying to learn and understand the pc jargon, but I getting overwhelmed to say the least so any tips and advice is welcome. They would like to stay under US $700.00 if at all possible.Thank you.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 4:53 AM
It's more than powerful enough for The Sims 3.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 8:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ajaxsirius
It's more than powerful enough for The Sims 3.

Thank you for the response. Would you say it is too pricey for what you get ? and not neccassary for the main gaming being Sims 2 and Sims 3. I know they say that pre built is not really the way to go, but when you do not have much knowledge and the only stores are Best Buy,
Walmart and Staples, it is really daunting to say the least.
Scholar
#4 Old 25th Jun 2017 at 1:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CoffeenSimming
Thank you for the response. Would you say it is too pricey for what you get ? and not neccassary for the main gaming being Sims 2 and Sims 3. I know they say that pre built is not really the way to go, but when you do not have much knowledge and the only stores are Best Buy,
Walmart and Staples, it is really daunting to say the least.

Actually, for 700 USD pre-built, I think it's good deal. I think it'd cost you more or less the same amount if you bought the items individually and assembled yourself. You might get better quality parts, or more of a discount if you manage to grab some discounted/sales items, but more or less the same.
Test Subject
#5 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 8:37 AM
You can buy it! Its enough for Sims 3
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ajaxsirius
Actually, for 700 USD pre-built, I think it's good deal. I think it'd cost you more or less the same amount if you bought the items individually and assembled yourself...
I concur. That's a good price (esp. considering the graphics card), and the specs are above what TS3 will need.