Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jan 2024 at 7:20 AM
Default Making morphs without meshtoolkit?
I have a love have relationship with mesh toolkit because of how it handles fat morphs, and today is definitely an ‘I hate you day’.

I’m trying to add fat morphs to these underwear and its absolutely MANGLING the poor thing no matter what I do in blender.

So, before i really knew what i was doing, I tried to make a handmade mesh in blender, retag it, reassign it bones in MTK, and use milkshape to stick it back in place of the default one meshtool kit makes in and...

and it looks great in blender!

...not so much in tsrw :c

while i was looking for what went wrong I found [@thornowl’s tutorial] and learned that making handmade morphs in blender IS possible but I went about it in the complete wrong way. Now problem is I've only seen people making their morphs basically from scratch I don’t just wanna, like, completely discard of the version I already made.

Is there a way to easily rework the one I have? Or am I just doomed have to start over from scratch for the 5th time TT – TT

In Stuffed Crust, We Do Trust.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 11th Jan 2024 at 7:46 AM
If the issues/clipping is just because the morph doesn't fit perfectly, you can freely import it back into Blender using SmugTomato's GEOM plugin and edit it further. Just don't touch Renumber IDs or add/remove any verts when editing.
If the issues are from mismatched verts, you must remake it.

I love doing handmade morphs, but I do have the luxury of working with hairs- which don't contain any pieces of the body, and so don't need to conform to a specific shape. I think the way I do it would have to be taken into account from the start of the project, because swapping out the body pieces is a bit surgical when the vertex IDs need to be identical.
For what it's worth, you could refer to the morph section of my hair tutorial and cross reference that with what you were already doing to see if any of those steps are useful to you. There are also screenshots for how to use MTK to inject the custom morphs into the package, unrelated to the auto-morph tools.

I also would not trust the TSRW preview to be a 1:1 on what the mesh does ingame, I would check it in real CAS before making significant changes.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 11th Jan 2024 at 3:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PizzaPartyForever
I have a love have relationship with mesh toolkit because of how it handles fat morphs, and today is definitely an ‘I hate you day’.

I’m trying to add fat morphs to these underwear and its absolutely MANGLING the poor thing no matter what I do in blender.

So, before i really knew what i was doing, I tried to make a handmade mesh in blender, retag it, reassign it bones in MTK, and use milkshape to stick it back in place of the default one meshtool kit makes in and...

and it looks great in blender!

...not so much in tsrw :c

while i was looking for what went wrong I found [@thornowl’s tutorial] and learned that making handmade morphs in blender IS possible but I went about it in the complete wrong way. Now problem is I've only seen people making their morphs basically from scratch I don’t just wanna, like, completely discard of the version I already made.

Is there a way to easily rework the one I have? Or am I just doomed have to start over from scratch for the 5th time TT – TT

Bows are the hard part. I was making a tutorial about that stuff, but life intervened. What I do is a bit time consuming, but works.

First thing is that the bone weights of the body and bikini MUST be the same, so if you must, separate them and use the body to transfer weights to the bikini. Use eyedropper to find bone weight where the bows attach at the hips/ pelvis bone. In edit mode, vertex groups panel, Select the bows and pelvis bone, set the bone weight to whatever eyedropper showed and assign. Return to weight mode and normalize, then limit weights, in case.

In Blender, separate the bows from the main mesh and export each separately, convert to .wso, then morph separately with MTK. Convert those .wsos, back to object in MTK. Import the main body to Blender as groups.

NEVER MERGE VERTICES! It messes with the count!

Use the edit side to select vertices, I find it easier. You might be able to simply resize the bikini on x and y, since it looks as it's just a bit small. DO NOT USE SHRINK/FLATTEN! It will pull seams apart!!! Or, in edit window, select the front area that clips, and move it forward a bit. Worst case is you will have to grab vertices as necessary and position them. It's a PITA, but I have done that many times. Once done, export as groups and convert back to .wso, but do not delete the meshes from Blender.

Import the bows. The body should be "group" and the bows "group.001" or something like that, with base, fat, fit, etc. Hide all meshes, except fat bows and base bows. Select fat bows. Move the UV completely from it's area. Select base bows. Edit mode, duplicate, separate, to create a new group. Hide the original base bows. Objject mode, join the new base to fat. It must assume the fat morphs name! In edit mode, select and delete the old fat morph. Unhide the fat body. Select the new fat bows and in edit mode, resize and move into position using the body as reference.

Hide the body, unhide the bows, and export the bows as groups. Convert to .wso. Use MTK TSRW Frankenmesh to join the body and bows. This is only a morph reference! Use it to morph your original mesh that was bone adjusted in step one.

Told you it's a PITA!!!

Shiny, happy people make me puke!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Jan 2024 at 2:39 AM
Okay so I followed ya’ll advice and tutorials and...yeah I think this project maybe a little too ambitious for me just yet. So she’s getting put on hold for now.

But I didn’t wanna completely abandon the lessons I learned, so I ended up trying to fixing these pants that had much milder clipping issues. And!

woo!

one day I'll cycle back around to these, but rn if I look at these undies for one more second I’m gonna commit war crimes.

In Stuffed Crust, We Do Trust.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 13th Jan 2024 at 3:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PizzaPartyForever
Okay so I followed ya’ll advice and tutorials and...yeah I think this project maybe a little too ambitious for me just yet. So she’s getting put on hold for now.

But I didn’t wanna completely abandon the lessons I learned, so I ended up trying to fixing these pants that had much milder clipping issues. And!

woo!

one day I'll cycle back around to these, but rn if I look at these undies for one more second I’m gonna commit war crimes.

The pants look good!

All you need to remember is that what you are doing is not easy! So, don't get down if something does not work right the first time... or 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 20th time!!! Trust me, I posted one of my work folders in a thread here, with folders inside of folders of tries that fell short of my goal.

And often, it's good to put projects on the shelf, clear your head, and go back to it later. Again, I do THAT all the time. )))

Shiny, happy people make me puke!