Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Dec 2023 at 6:28 AM
Default Trouble with hair default
I am making my first hair default replacement, for the male hard hat, orange. It was going well until I loaded into bodyshop and saw that the texture for the elder does not show properly. Everything else seems to be ok.

Can someone please show me what I have done wrong - I have been looking at it for too long now!

I have attached my default replacement and the cc hair that i am defaulting.

Thanks.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  HARDHATorangeDR.7z (490.1 KB, 6 downloads)
File Type: rar  minicule - 4t2 Nemesyms Echo.rar (1.14 MB, 6 downloads)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Dec 2023 at 6:00 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 4th Dec 2023 at 2:24 AM.
The grey texture is linked to a texture that doesn't exist in the file, so that's why you're getting the placeholder texture showing.

You'll want to change the "stdMatBaseTextureName" in the
##0x5fcff0d6!amhair_Casual1~hair_alpha5_txmt (the one with the Group number "0x5FCFF0D6" - there's two resources with that number, make sure it's the alpha5)
to
##0x5fcff0d6!0x1808d477_txtr
which is the grey texture in your file (just copy/paste the name from the TXTR resource, it's the only one ending in 77)

When you've fixed that, delete the cache files and check ingame (the placeholder texture sometimes shows if the game can't find a mesh/texture, if it was on a sim but was removed or been significantly changed - usually happens to hairs and accessories, sometimes clothes).

For some reason you've also got two sets of identical GMND/SHPE/CRES resources (but just one GMDC) in the file. Not sure why? You should only need one of each, since the file only contains one mesh. Make sure you've saved the file before you delete anything - deleting the CRES can occasionally cause SimPE to throw errors. If it happens, just do file/new, and reopen the file, then try again.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Dec 2023 at 1:48 AM
Thank you! That fixed it. I probably had 2 meshes because I fiddled with the file so much instead of starting afresh, so forgot what I had done. I will be more careful next time, but at least I am starting to understand the process of defaulting.