Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 6:48 AM
I just went through the posts here in the Body Shop help threads and found something about maybe it being CC that I created that didn't import properly etc etc. I went through with body shop and removed an article I made (sadly I will have to make it again) and noticed that it didn't import to both undies and swimsuits. *insert ah hah moment here*
Well, I removed it with body shop, closed it, opened my game, went to create family, and thankfully nothing is wrong with any of my sims' skins when they're in "soft" mode!!!! (as far as i could see in create a family, i didn't try to create one and then put them onto a lot)
Thank goodness for that! Now i can get back to work. Thanks everyone!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 7:12 PM
cool skinz
sweet skintones!my sims will love it!thank u!

No matter which way I turn i life, i allways end up in the kitchen.
Scholar
#53 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 6:22 PM
Thank you, this is so helpful! I've already made 3 skintones, which I might upload. I'll have to see how they look in-game first, but it's not as hard as I thought at all!!
Test Subject
#54 Old 26th Sep 2011 at 10:49 PM
Default Very stupid question D:
okay, so, i only played Sims when i couldn't even READ and type and stuff, lol yes, very funny... :3 so, i REMEMBER using body shop, but i can't remember where to GO to get ONTO body shop, so, do you have to download it or is it just made into the game...? is it on a certain expansion game...? thanks for this..!!! and im sorry for jamming it up :3, thanks for the help!!
Mad Poster
#55 Old 26th Sep 2011 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetp427
okay, so, i only played Sims when i couldn't even READ and type and stuff, lol yes, very funny... :3 so, i REMEMBER using body shop, but i can't remember where to GO to get ONTO body shop, so, do you have to download it or is it just made into the game...? is it on a certain expansion game...? thanks for this..!!! and im sorry for jamming it up :3, thanks for the help!!

In the Start Menu, look for your most recently installed expansion pack. Use the Body Shop that's in the list there.
Test Subject
#56 Old 15th Feb 2013 at 12:04 AM
I am trying to add a tattoo to one of Maxis' skintones. When I open it up in my graphics editor (GIMP) it tells me that the file doesn't have an assigned color profile and it wants me to convert to RGB. Every time I do that, it changes the skin color in the preview to light blue, and I can't figure out how to stop it. Any ideas?
Forum Resident
#57 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 8:34 PM
This might be a silly question, but i'll risk it anyway... You've got all the body types, both genders, all the ages, all the body parts... What about the pregnant morphs? Will those files be among the 40 or so that you will be editing, using this process, to create a complete skintone? Or do you have to locate and alter the pregnant morphs somewhere separately from the rest?

Also, you said that the game's skintones are numbered 0 to 4. Can you exceed 4? If i understand right, you can alter the genetics of your new skintone to 0.2 or 0.6 for example... Can you use 4.1? Or is 4 the absolute maximum?

Thanks for the awesomely clear and straightforward post on the topic. It sounds way less complex than i thought it would be! =)

-grinEvilly
>=)
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 6:01 PM
Erm, I tried edited the 'hair' file in Paint.NET, but after saving and refreshing the Sim in bodyshop, their scalp turns completely black, even though that's not at all what I made it. When I try undoing everything I did in Paint.NET and saving-refreshing again, it stays black. Help?

If you can't take the heat, choose the water type starter.
Mad Poster
#59 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 12:26 AM
I know Gimp has a similar issue, where everything turns blue if not saved properly. It may be that Paint.net is trying to save the image in a format Bodyhop doesn't support, and that may be why it turns black. Bodyshop refuses to read anything else than BMP 24-bit, so make sure all the saving settings are correct.

If the "save" option doesn't work, try "save as" and check if there's a 24-bit setting for the BMP option. Also make sure the file has the same name as previously, or it won't show up.
Page 3 of 3