Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 7:55 PM
Default Private graveyards
What kind of design decision have you made? I'm really struggling. I want to do more than just have a big tree and then the tombstone under it.
My building style is maxis match, or silly in TS2, and I like to incorporate the goofy stuff too. Problem is, it hard. Pls, advice. Dissappointing entrance.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 9:20 PM
My graveyard is pretty simple. It is a big lot, there is a church on it and a little flower shop. A sim of mine owns it, he hired employees (flower bouquet maker and a handyman for maintenance) He manage the cash register and also brings all graves to the graveyard.
Nothing fancy, but I really like it.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 9:33 PM
Ah, I meant a graveyard on your sims' lot. The lot where they live, not community lot. Or did you mean like a home business lot?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 9:37 PM
Oh! My bad. I guess I didn't understand what you meant. No my graveyard is a community lot owned business. Though my Graveskeeper, has some stuff at his own home, to *help*...getting rid of unwanted neighbors.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 9:41 PM
Is it a cow plant?

Cool idea making the graveyard as a flower business. I do like the idea of a home business graveyard too.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 10:47 PM
Raoul has a fenced in CowPlant yes, but usually, the Tombstone of Life & Death get the job done...better.

Mad Poster
#7 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 2:49 AM
This isn't really the same style as what you're doing (creepy run-down old cemetery), but you might like it anyway. I need to set aside some time to use some of this stuff at the Goth mansion. Esotheria has links to the fences, arch and gate that she used and also her original post with more screenshots.
http://esotheria-sims.tumblr.com/po...ewall-seen-here

The original gate by Kativip was not updated for OFB and can't be locked. I'm not sure whether Esotheria fixed the version she uploaded or not. If not, you'll need to use SimPE to fix it per HugeLunatic's tutorial. it's really easy.
http://hugelunatic.com/?p=13
Forum Resident
#8 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 5:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Giga
What kind of design decision have you made? I'm really struggling. I want to do more than just have a big tree and then the tombstone under it.
My building style is maxis match, or silly in TS2, and I like to incorporate the goofy stuff too. Problem is, it hard. Pls, advice. Dissappointing entrance.

My neighborhood cemetery is a very large owned lot occupied by "husband" and "wife" Simbots (aka Servos). I used Simbots so they could own the lot through all the generations of Sims that would come and go. The lot is entirely fenced in except for the entrance which has a brick welcoming arch leading to a stone walkway with benches and planters which the cemetery brochure calls a "relaxation area". Elsewhere on the lot are several fountains, some flower shrubs and a large cross as well as the Simbots' small one bedroom caretaker cottage.

Each tombstone has at least one easel-drawn photograph of its dead Sim hanging over it so I can visually remember the Sim buried there. They do hang in midair so it's not realistic, but I don't mind. I've debated putting stone paths in between the rows of tombstones (there's more than 70 on the lot now), but haven't done that, partially because I worry about putting too much other content on the lot. It's already 5 times larger data-wise than any other lot in my hood with probably room for another 300 graves. And I don't know what would happen to the hood if the cemetery lot were to become corrupted.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Scholar
#9 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 11:15 PM
Some of my Sims have gravestones at their houses, and depending on their beliefs, will have different settings for those graves.

The most common style is to have a stand of bamboo behind each grave, a blue-flowered bush on either side and little blue flowers in front. Typically, there will be a grassy path leading past the graves and where the lot has water, the graves will be nearby.

Wealthier Sims may have a portrait of the dead Sim or a statue meant to depict that Sim next to the grave instead. Evil Sims may have leafless trees and prickly pear flowers near the graves at their homes... ...and some aspire to put their Resurrect-O-Nomitron in the area, too. (Good Sims who earn a Resurrect-O-Nomitron make less of a song and dance about their power, typically placing their resurrection item in a room not used for much else, certainly nowhere near any currently-dead Sims, that has plenty of space for all Sims involved and somewhere to sit down together to get up to speed on what happened since last time they were alive).
Scholar
#10 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 3:58 AM
Rematra Church and Cemetery is full for human occupation at 172 deceased sims.

There are few personal graveyards, they are more decorated than their communal counterparts though.
Alchemist
#11 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 8:21 PM
so far mainly one graveyard in a custom neighborhood.
other graveyards/cemeteries in my game; mostly modifications of the pre-made ones.