Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 11:55 PM
Default World of Warcraft
hey guys i finally bought it yaya but it's a bit slow on my computer because
my broadband is playing up at the moment anywhoo iv got a lvl 5 human mage
anyways what do you gusy think of this game ps: post pictures to
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 1st Jul 2007 at 2:20 AM
Hello! I also play WoW!

Class: Mage
Race: Humans
Name: Johara
Spec: Fire
Professions: Tailoring-Enchanting
Secondary Professions: First Aid-Cooking
Server: Frost Whisper
Realms: European
#3 Old 1st Jul 2007 at 2:41 AM
I usually play, I let my account run out so I could take a brief break, though if people from the S2C are strating to play I might start it up again.

Name: Illyssian
Race:Nightelf
level:34
Class: Druid
Spec: Restoration/balance(80% resto, 20% balance)
Professions: herbalism/alchemy
Server: The Scryers

I have a level 11 blood elf pally on The Scarlett Crusade server as well, but for the life of me I can't remember her name
#4 Old 1st Jul 2007 at 4:44 AM
Default Please tell me, thanks.
may I ask? How does cooking and crafting apply in the world of multi player online game? because the only MMORPG I have experience in is Guild Wars and my character gets to buy armors, buy crafting materials, buy ale, rice wine, red bean cakes, and go kill more monsters for gold and loots, so there's no need for crafting and cooking skills in it, and I am wandering how does those apply.

Thank You JaimeA

Now I understand how that works, pretty interesting.
#5 Old 1st Jul 2007 at 5:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nixie
may I ask? How does cooking and crafting apply in the world of multi player online game? because the only MMORPG I have experience in is Guild Wars and my character gets to buy armors, buy crafting materials, buy ale, rice wine, red bean cakes, and go kill more monsters for gold and loots, so there's no need for crafting and cooking skills in it, and I am wandering how does those apply.

the crafting is so you can make your own stuff rather than spending hard earned copper/silver/gold to buy it. The higher your crafting level is the better things you can make, if I remember correctly at level 300 you can make a few epic items(armor/weapon wise), but I might be wrong.
and cooking/first aid/fishing.etc. is so you can make your own potions and what not to aid in healing, increasing speed, breathing under water etc.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 1st Jul 2007 at 6:55 PM
I played WoW for a little bit, although I recently quit. I loved the Battlegrounds, but I hated that you couldn't do much unless you were level 19, 29, 39, etc. I also disliked that most pvp battles consisted of me running away from higher-leveled players, then getting killed anyways because they were faster than me.. then having my corpse camped by said high-level alliance players. It just wasn't a whole lot of fun when there was absolutely no way to defend yourself. Sometimes the allies were nice and left us alone, or even healed us, but that was rare. I had fun when I wasn't being massacred, though, or when I got into a fair fight with an ally around my own level.

And to Nixie - Crafting and cooking are ways a player can provide much needed resources, (like armor, potions, food, enchants, weapons, etc.) to not only themselves, but to the other players of the game. My character on WoW, for example, was a leatherworker. This meant I would gather materials, craft armor, and then sell that armor to other players who would then use it. It makes for a more.. community-like experience, as each players relies on others in order to get the items they need.

Anyways, my main WoW character was a female troll named.. Klinny. She was a hunter, as well as a skinner/leatherworker. And yes, I have screenshots!

Me and Boarzies in Orgrimmar
Archery in the forest
Haha! The flag is mine!
Dancing in the desert
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 6:16 AM
Name: Michaele
Race:Human
level:5 (lol i just started)
Professions: non yet prob herbalism
Server: Nagrand (ps: does server mean the realm)

picture
coming soon
#8 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 6:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pandora
Name: Michaele
Race:Human
level:5 (lol i just started)
Professions: non yet prob herbalism
Server: Nagrand (ps: does server mean the realm)

picture
coming soon

yes server means realm, lol. at level 10 you 'll actually start getting points so you can pick you spec and put those points in them, you can do one spec or a combination, depending on what skills you are looking to enhance(I went resto because I often played the healer in raids and groups, I used some balance because i wanted to enhance my starfire and other abilities). If you're doing herbalism you can either chose to do alchemy as well so that you can make potions or do something like tailoring or skinning and just sell the stuff you collect in the auction house, just be sure to check the prices of other stuff like what you're selling, keep in mind that selling something for as little as 10 copper less than the cheapest bid will get your stuff sold quickly. Just don't get cheated I might have to start playing again and join your server and help you out Do you play on an American server or a European server?
#9 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 6:32 AM
Frost mages are amazing. I think my frost mages profile may still be up if you'd like an AOE grinding spec.
Test Subject
#10 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 6:33 AM
Yeah, one time I tried to download the 10-day trial version and the installation told me: "Your installation will be finished in 14 hours." Needless to say, I didn't install it.

And I have no idea why it was installing so slowly...
#11 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 6:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lustyforlife
Yeah, one time I tried to download the 10-day trial version and the installation told me: "Your installation will be finished in 14 hours." Needless to say, I didn't install it.

And I have no idea why it was installing so slowly...

It probably wasn't accurate, I had a download say it would be complete in 30 days 4 hours and 10 minutes, it took about an hour and a half to complete. The trials not too bad, but you really are limited in what you can do. My brother had it and I felt so bad for him I went out and bought him the base game and a time card so he could play for real.
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 7:21 AM
i dunno which server the australian 1 i think if there is one ill go ingame and check
#13 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 7:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pandora
i dunno which server the australian 1 i think if there is one ill go ingame and check

kk, it'll be a while before I get my account up and running again, but I gain levels pretty quickly so it doesn't matter.
#14 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 8:03 AM
I play alot, I'll update in a few with my characters . I'll get a few screenshots too.
Original Poster
#15 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 8:38 AM
im on the oceanic server Nagrand im in goldshire on lvl 6, but i have to use dial up for the next few days because im getting my broadband router repaired but it still goes ok..

heres a picture of my character Michaele

i sharpened the image on photoshop but, thats why the edges are pixely
#16 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 9:00 AM
I don't have a picture only one I had was one during an instance, and I lost it not too long ago when my computer crashed, I still have to re-install WoW so I can play it.
Scholar
#17 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 9:11 AM
Anyone on the European realms?
#18 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 9:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Black_Barook!
Anyone on the European realms?

I'm not Sorry, I tried the European servers, didn't like them that much so I switched back to American servers, I think they're more fun.
Original Poster
#19 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 10:07 AM
anyone on my server? im looking for someone to party with
Inventor
#20 Old 3rd Jul 2007 at 12:42 PM
My Profile on the Armoury; http://armory.wow-europe.com/charac...Cartel&n=Aargon

My new post 40 look;

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/...aijin/trx29.jpg

Some pics in action in Desolace;

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/...aijin/trx26.jpg
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/...Gaijin/trx8.jpg
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/...aijin/trx24.jpg

I have 50 chars in total with most being between 10-15, I have 4 >20 on my main server, I'm addicted to making chars

I'm taking my sweet time with it, don't care to much about end game content or PvP, roleplaying is where it's at for me.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
#21 Old 13th Jul 2007 at 6:26 PM
Name: Cherana
Race: Draenei
level: 33 [almost 34]
Class: Hunter
Spec: BM for now....ewwwww
Professions: Enchanting...and still looking for what else i want to do...i've had so many lol
Server: Icecrown

my UI
http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/...Screenie187.jpg
Field Researcher
#22 Old 13th Jul 2007 at 6:34 PM
I play too
My Main:
Class: Paladin
Race: Humans
Name: Chiho
Spec: Retribution
Professions: Mining-Blacksmithing
Server: Draka
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 1:02 PM
I love WoW! I play a shaman now.

Name: Evenia
Race: Draenei
Level: 70
Spec: Enhancement (I like to smack things)
Professions: Mining-Jewelcrafting
Server: Elune
Gear: http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/c...=Elune&n=Evenia

Stalking Rats in the Deeprun Tram! Ooooh! Scary!

As soon as the game lets me log back in, i'll post a better picture.
Scholar
#24 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 10:51 PM
Does anyone know the music that plays when you start up the game?
#25 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 6:09 AM
It's called Legends(the starting song)

my character, a lvl 34 druid(click for a MUCH larger pic)

Page 1 of 7