Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 12:31 AM Last edited by Technocolor : 19th Aug 2019 at 1:07 AM.
Default Importing models from non Sims game and keeping original texture mapping?
So Ive got the hair from Joker's model in Super Smash Bros Ultimate separated as its own model as a .obj and using CAStools ive converted it to a .simgeom. Problem is though it seems to loose its textures. So I copy pasted the smash hair diffuse texture into the hair space according to the CAS uv map but unsurprisingly the hair diffuse texture itself is mapped wrong. Ive tried saving that package anyway and loading it into Sims 4 Studio thinking maybe I can use the import mesh feature there to replace the wrongly mapped texture model with a correctly mapped texture blender model but that doesn't work either, nothing happens after I try importing it the program just loads for a few secs but nothing changes or comes up.
This is my first time doing anything more advanced then texture editing so i'm a little lost. Thank goodness Smash models are broken up into pieces so the hair was easy to get and it fit a sim heads
Ive attached pics of of the raw diffuse map and how it looks just pasted were the hair texture goes. Model is from here btw.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 7:45 AM
Did you modify the uv0 map of the hair mesh to place it in the hair space? It has to be sized and fit to match the hair texture. I could tell what you did better if you upload pics of the uv0 mapping and the complete texture, or the package.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 4:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Did you modify the uv0 map of the hair mesh to place it in the hair space? It has to be sized and fit to match the hair texture. I could tell what you did better if you upload pics of the uv0 mapping and the complete texture, or the package.

yeah sure here's the package. I just exported an EA hair uv0 map then pasted the smash texture over it resizing it to match and deleted the EA hair layer
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Jokerhairtest.rar (475.5 KB, 1 downloads) - View custom content
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 7:32 PM
Here's how the uv0 map looks on the texture in Milkshape: (I haven't a clue in Blender, sorry, but the principle is the same.)

The mapping has to be resized exactly the same way as the texture so that they match the same way as in the original mesh and texture. Without seeing those originals I can't say exactly what has to be done. I hope that makes sense.
Screenshots

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 4:58 AM Last edited by Technocolor : 22nd Aug 2019 at 6:10 AM. Reason: include pic
Ive figured out how to alter the uv0 map in blender to fit the sims texture map, thank you for pointing me in the right direction. Im new to working with 3d models so prior to this I wasnt even familiar with what a uv map is.
For not having the specular map yet it actually looks pretty good
Screenshots