Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 2:45 PM Last edited by Trylk248 : 29th Oct 2018 at 1:14 PM.
Default Sims 3 Project : Cities
Sims 3 - Cities project (Leader : DawnShadow)
Why am I making this?
1. Maps are separated by default (eg. China, France, Egypt... All those are separate worlds)
2. Reduces loading times.
3. Increases the immersion into the life simulation of The Sims.
4. More things to do in one place.

Regular map vs this project
Regular map
1. Regular maps are most of the time terrain with 10% to 20% filled with a town.
2. Not a lot of things to do.

This project
1. Maps will be very large and filled with a large quantities of lots.
2. The city will be splitted into multiple sectors
a. Downtown
b. Suburbans
c. Industrial zone
d. Country-side
3. No needs to go to University map nor Bridgeport for exclusive activities and buildings
4. Enhanced ambiance in both City-side and Country-side

Main features
Beaches (Basegame)
Parks (Basegame)
Fully interactable work places (Eg : Police station, firefighters, etc.) (Ambitions EP)
Bars (Late Night EP)
Stadiums (Basegame)
Appartments (Late Night EP)
Pets town stuff and buildings (Pets EP)
Boat residential lots (Island Paradise EP)
University (University Life EP)
Dormitories (University Life EP)
Public Libraries (Basegame)
Gyms (Basegame)
Laundromats (Ambitions EP)
Graveyards (Basegame)
Nectaries (World Adventures EP)
Ownable fields (World Adventures EP)

Feel free to ask to join the project. The required expansions packs/stuff packs are mentionned above.
Due to complains, I removed the Discord invite link.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 5:53 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 24th Jun 2018 at 6:07 PM.
Query lots? Also, I'm curious about future tech and how will ITF be incorperated? Would there be a certain district or region of that map that has a hood of futuristic stuff?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 8:21 PM
This sounds fascinating, but I'm more curious about how the 32-bit imposed limit on RAM usage will be addressed. We already see that tremendously huge and dense custom worlds that include a bit of everything like Alpine County and Setra (among other notables) become unplayable for many if not most even on the highest-end systems, especially with any form of story progression running. That's why so many of us have been settling for keeping the more exclusive perks and activities associated with certain worlds available only in those locations. Except bowling alleys, those should be a requirement everywhere.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 9:27 PM
The way we will work is by : ensuring routing is done PERFECTLY WELL, quality work (eg, no disconnected road from road corner.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Query lots? Also, I'm curious about future tech and how will ITF be incorperated? Would there be a certain district or region of that map that has a hood of futuristic stuff?

For ITF integration, I will have to see in the future. For now, just a big city.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 11:44 PM
Though can you elaborate on what those 'Queries' lots are about?

dodgy builder
#7 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 11:54 PM
Where did you read about queries?

Making worlds are more than just technical stuff, do you have some pictures to show from previous work, or just this world as a wip?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 12:49 AM
Quarry = mines = excavation site
Mad Poster
#9 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 2:06 AM Last edited by daisylee : 25th Jun 2018 at 9:06 AM.
As Igazor says, a very large world with many lots will be unplayable for many/most people. You are going to do this CAW? As Volvenom asks, what other worlds have you completed?

I have seen post after post like this over the years, with wonderful ideas, but the execution is a problem. When the plan is too ambitious the project usually is never completed as too little interest and too many problems.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 2:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Trylk248
Quarry = mines = excavation site

Ok, but would these offer any actual use like the other lots? I understood as this would have the most gem and other collectible spawners than any other lot.
Quote: Originally posted by Trylk248
For ITF integration, I will have to see in the future. For now, just a big city.

Pun intended or not?

Mad Poster
#11 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 2:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Pun intended or not?

No because he didn't say in the fuuuuuuuture. You have to emphasize it.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Theorist
#12 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 2:55 PM
Any pics?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 4:16 PM
No pictures available yet. For the curiouses, Quarries lots are gonna be a bit like the dungeons you find in World Adventures. You will have to search the caves.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 4:19 PM
Pranked. here is a picture.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#15 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 4:42 PM
You're using the Champs-les-Sims terrain?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 4:49 PM
Yes for the first map.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 10:16 PM
Staph being so meany...
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 2:14 AM
More screenshots :
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#19 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 5:47 AM
Maybe it is just me that is confused here...... but are you going to redo each of the 3 WA destinations as cities packing them with as much as you can including universities? So they will be home worlds and not destination ones?

I do not know what tizerist said, but I have never seen him be mean to anyone. People are trying to understand what you are trying to do and advise as honestly as we can.
dodgy builder
#21 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 11:30 AM
There are several different ways to make a cave and I had an excavation site in my Stranda, so I understand that. Your main problem is the lack of posts. People don't like to commit to someone they don't know.
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 5:45 PM
I appreciate the beauty of theme worlds like Dragon Valley. Skyscrapers and dragons don't really mix, do they? Or the gloomy Midnight Hollow, which is great for vampire play. Or the alien feeling of Loony Lakes or Bellatrix that I play aliens in. I also play science themed worlds. I can see where some might like to play IP based worlds....
Everything at once? Its like taking all the leftovers out of the fridge, stuffing them into a blender, and voila! Dinner!

Sims are better than us.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 6:01 PM
So, the idea behind all of that is, take a map, (I chose Champs les Sims (there will be more maps later)), recreate it as a playable map. Make a big city. Takes a lot of time but it will be soooo cool at the end!
Mad Poster
#24 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Skyscrapers and dragons don't really mix, do they?

Yeah they don't, as you can't customize shells which is a shame.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 6:34 PM
Skyscrapers? I'll see what I can do with that. :P
Page 1 of 4