Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 11:41 PM
BASE GAME WORLD **creation in progess
[IMG]I have been working on a full basegame world for the sims 3. I have been building on the sims for years and I would say Im pretty good at it. I have never really shared my creations on websites, but hours of work goes into my creations so might as well give back the rest of the sims community.

So long story short, is anyone actually interested in a basegame world? When I finish I can upload it here, fully furnished buildings along with households. The reason why I made it basegame (and CC free) is because my laptop really sucks XD. I'm sure Im not the only one with that problem.

The world is on a small map but I packed it with around 70 lots I think. I love having a lot of lots and lots of things to do for my little sims. I can upload pictures of the world as I build. Since this is my first time actually trying to share my work, feedback would be greatlyyy appreciated. ! :D
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 1:12 AM
Looks nice, will enjoy seeing it when it's full. Could be a very nice city world if it ends up being dense enough.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#3 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 4:02 AM
Great start! I agree that it would make a nice city world as well. There are often people looking for a base game world to which they can add the lots from the 1 or 2 expansion packs they have. I'd suggest you move this thread to Create > Create-a-World or Create > Creator Feedback for more comments and suggestions. If you post what lots you are interested in, there would probably be people who would offer to help build. Or, offer to test it for you. Personally, I only download neighborhoods / maps / worlds without CC so I appreciate that you are not using any CC in this world. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress!
dodgy builder
#4 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 11:53 AM
If you plan to upload to mts, you really HAVE to read the Creator Guidelines on beforehand. I hope it will link for me. Houses, sims and world guidelines will be a lot to take on in one go. MTS likes to approve uploads and getting used to the process will be a big advantage for you. Try to upload a house or something first and see how it works.

Otherwise do as Simmy says, post in the feedback forum.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 2:33 PM
Not much room for the rock, metal, insect and other spawners

Sims are better than us.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 4:59 PM
Thank you guys sooo much for your feedback so far. I am a college student and the semester is finishing up now so I will be working on this a lot during the holidays. I will look into everything that you guys have suggested. My goal with this world is to make is to make it city like because I love the feel of having a lot of lots with different things to do as well as many different and interesting sims. For the spawners I didn't place any when I was making the world in CAW but I was placing them in the lots for fish, insets, ect. I will be as detailed as I can!

After making some more progress on this world, I may upload a beta version of it, so some of you can test it out or continue building on it and what not. And thanks for linking the creator guidelines!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 8:14 PM
Good evening (:
Hmm i know it's going to be a Base Game World, but there is an "issue" which caught my eye: If someone wants to play this world with seasons installed, the beach area might be a bit too flat, so the snow texture in winter won't load properly.
aside from that, the world looks really good so far (:
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 9:59 PM
I think it should be okay. I just tested it with seasons installed to make sure :D. And here are some more pictures of what I been working on.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 3:10 PM
Default Im getting there
Building with only base game and no CC is hard wow. Its kinda fun, like a challenge! Progress!

Mad Poster
#10 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 3:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Not much room for the rock, metal, insect and other spawners

Maybe OP has no regard for them. I wouldn't.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 4th Jan 2019 at 12:59 AM
Just need to move sims in and furnish the houses. Then doneee

Scholar
#12 Old 4th Jan 2019 at 1:21 AM
It's looking very good. Are planning to upload it as a populated world?

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Field Researcher
#13 Old 4th Jan 2019 at 3:16 AM
Nice, very maxis match. I like what you've done with the tall round building, cool idea.
I like to see more variety in the grass area throughout the map, and the beach area that has the diner could also have different shades of sands like Sunset Valley. e.g http://modthesims.info/d/344655/sun...d-obsolete.html
Mad Poster
#14 Old 4th Jan 2019 at 4:02 AM
Only thing I would suggest would be to add a darker grass tone and use it as an accent layer.

Also, streetlights would add a lot to the world as well.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 4th Jan 2019 at 4:11 PM
So I am a complete noob at making worlds and I am very aware that I could have done better The grass and the sand and overall shape of the world wasn't really what I was focusing on when I designed it and the edges of the world are pretty bulky cus Im no good at terrain. Ill let that be known now loll. I just wanted to make a base game world with lots of things to do. Caw is a struggle but building is really more so my thing. My priority was to make a functional world with pretty lots. As this is my first time trying to make a world I really appreciate the feedback! If I make another world one day (which Im sure I would), I have new things to keep in mind.