Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jun 2016 at 5:23 AM
Default SimPE is hiding Resource Information Tab - Changing Instance #
So I'm working on my first BHAV and Echo's tutorial is AMAZING. But I'm apparently an idiot.

According to the tutorial, here is my next step:

Make sure your interaction is still selected, then open the "Resource" tab in the main window. One of the boxes in this window is labeled "Instance". Pick a number between 0x1000 and 0x1FFF, make sure it isn't already used by a BHAV file, then put it in the instance box (Fig 2.3). Commit and save.

Yeah. My problem is that the only resource tabs available are Resource Tree and Resource List which are already up. There are no other windows (under the Windows tab) that I can find to open up to change the Instance number! Am I being an idiot?

Where am I going (or looking wrong)? If it helps, I should have the latest version of SimPE.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 25th Jun 2016 at 1:20 PM
Try resetting the layout. Should be on the same menu bar as the Open/Save, and it is a blue circle target looking thing with a red x. After that choose the Resource tab on the bottom of the lower pane.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jun 2016 at 4:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Try resetting the layout. Should be on the same menu bar as the Open/Save, and it is a blue circle target looking thing with a red x. After that choose the Resource tab on the bottom of the lower pane.

Well, I've reset format but nothing has popped up. I have to be doing something wrong. Maybe I'm just missing it?
Screenshots

It's a delicate balance.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#4 Old 26th Jun 2016 at 12:53 PM
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Jun 2016 at 6:14 PM
Can you show me an image of your options in the Window drop down menu? You may need to uninstall and reinstall.

Hope this helps!
Screenshots

It's a delicate balance.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Jun 2016 at 10:09 PM Last edited by AliaD85 : 26th Jun 2016 at 11:49 PM.
Yea, you are missing half your options on that drop down. I'd suggest a reinstall.
I'll give it a try right now!

Edit UPDATE: No luck. The Window drop down remained the same.

It's a delicate balance.