Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Sep 2023 at 8:44 PM
Default Can't see a new world after selecting one
Hello everyone!

I am trying to play create a world tool again but everytime I make a new world, the screen where the world should appear stays black and no new world loads.

When I try opening my old worlds it crashes.

I am playing with the EA App but the last time I tried CAW it worked. Dont know what went wrong inbetween. Has anyone an idea? 😄

I was made aware that it seams like the EA App broke the EIG Button again. But is that also relating to the problem with the new world?

Thank you <3

Australia Lover
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 14th Sep 2023 at 9:12 PM
I found this video to this problem from Kenziisims
https://youtu.be/VBinaQ2dTCw?si=noojK39QbVP0msnR

When I understood it right:
- lock completly out of EA App and login to origin
- set your computer to "flyght mode" (just type it in the taskbar search to quickly find it) and enable it.

Hope this helps

Regards/Gruß Claudy
You can also meet me at nraas https://www.nraas.net/community/active-topics
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Sep 2023 at 10:23 PM
thanks for the reply!

I would love to test this but I already uninstalled origin when the EA App was downloaded and every time I try to download origin now it says I dont have internet which is bonkers since I have a youtube video playing in the backround >.<
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 14th Sep 2023 at 10:42 PM
But did you try it as described - log out of EA App first and then reinstall origin, it's in the video.

Regards/Gruß Claudy
You can also meet me at nraas https://www.nraas.net/community/active-topics
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Sep 2023 at 10:56 PM
yes I did try it as recommended
I found another place where I could download origin and now I have origin but I still have the black screen like I did not select a world after I made another world and it should show me the terrain
Flight mode does not do anything different for that problem
Instructor
#6 Old 15th Sep 2023 at 2:14 AM
Only EIG should be affected by Origin/EA App because the rest of CAW is capable of running without either of those programs open or even installed (unless there's an in-app download for it now?).

You may want to backup your old world projects somewhere and reinstall CAW.
Then see if it runs properly with all EA launchers closed (double check the task bar and task manager that they're actually closed). Depending on your hardware it may also just take a while for the world to render, so perhaps start with a tiny map while testing.

Only other thing I can think of is if your old worlds were actually made in SuperCAW, there may be changes made to them that vanilla CAW has an issue with.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Sep 2023 at 10:42 AM
I already reinstalled it but upon looking at it again it seems it did not delete my old caw files. I deinstalled it again and manually deleted the files and reinstalled it again and now it works!

Thanks <3