Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Dec 2023 at 12:03 PM
Default MTS Recap 2023
Hey everyone!

It's that time in the year again! Last year we introduced the recap page for the first time, and for the sake of keeping this now-tradition, it's here a second time!

It has been tweaked this year a little. Not only is it now (hopefully) bug-free, it's now also mobile/tablet friendly! (Do note, though, that on PC it will be a bit more enjoyable as that has more images.) However: Guests still will not be able to look at the recap page, so make sure you're logged in

The recap will be live from today (21 December) till the 7th of January. Next year, it will be back, though!

MTS Recap 2023

But most importantly, we all wish you a merry Christmas, and a happy new year!
9 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 21st Dec 2023 at 1:27 PM
I feel the urge to share my favorite stat:
Screenshots
Link Ninja
#3 Old 21st Dec 2023 at 4:41 PM
I love end of years stats! Thanks!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Theorist
#4 Old 21st Dec 2023 at 5:45 PM
Yeah, that makes sense

the first mod anyone downloads when getting back into the game after a break.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 21st Dec 2023 at 8:51 PM
I had 140 thanked downloads, but over 12,500 unthanked downloads. Yes, almost 99% of my stuff is utter rubbish!

I also talked too much:

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#6 Old 21st Dec 2023 at 10:28 PM
My creations were downloaded 274117 times but only thanked 2801 times. I appreciate all those that did though.

Apparently my first downloaded mod this year was one of my own! For TS2! (I think I was checking it after somebody said it didn't work in their language)

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
that chaos-loving Yosh'
staff: trainee moderator
#7 Old 21st Dec 2023 at 11:25 PM
2023 was the year that my modding took off and got noticed (and the year I actually got really invested in it), it was a blast to go back and see where it began.

I am so happy to see when people talk about my works, both in positive and negative ways, and both on MTS as well as around the web. Be it someone sharing their findings, asking me for support about an error I have made, or someone posting after their house got burned down by a sneaky burglar.

Looking forward to anything coming in 2024. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 22nd Dec 2023 at 6:59 AM

i thought i only had 4! mine and someone else's.
Screenshots

i used to make dumb mods when i was bored, next time i'm bored i'll make a new mod.
Space Pony
#9 Old 24th Dec 2023 at 1:11 AM
Not much activity for me, but considering I didn't upload anything this year, that's not a surprise. I haven't made anything interesting lately, but I do have some uploads sitting on my computer waiting for the day there's another theme catchup event :P

pronouns: they/them
Theorist
#10 Old 24th Dec 2023 at 1:50 PM
Merry Christmas and Happy New Years, Sims friends. I didn't upload anything this year and I low key feel bad about that... will make a resolution to upload something next year.
Scholar
#11 Old 24th Dec 2023 at 7:12 PM
over 5k people looked at my downloads and 555 downloaded. 13 views and 1.5 downloads per day. not bad for a first and second creation.
That's infinitely more than last year!
Forum Resident
#12 Old 24th Dec 2023 at 8:38 PM
How come I have "27 people downloaded" when there's nothing on record that I uploaded? Does not compute....
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13 Old 24th Dec 2023 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Maven
How come I have "27 people downloaded" when there's nothing on record that I uploaded?

Did you upload any attachments to your forum posts?
Forum Resident
#14 Old 24th Dec 2023 at 11:19 PM
Oh. Yes, a couple of pictures. That's what's being counted?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#15 Old 24th Dec 2023 at 11:25 PM
Not images, but if you attached a file or an error log or something it might.
Inventor
#16 Old 28th Dec 2023 at 3:00 PM
Hello @Lyralei
Thank you and the MTS team for the MTS Recap 2023
Is it possible to save the info?
Would love to compare it with next year - by which time I will probably have forgotten the stats.
Theorist
#17 Old 30th Dec 2023 at 11:31 PM
Ok thanks. Happy New Year! <3

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 3rd Jan 2024 at 10:19 AM
I’ve not logged in a while but omg that amount of downloads. Thank you so much 🩵 I want to start creating again but adulting has taken over. One day hopefully. X
Screenshots
Mother Function
retired moderator
#19 Old 7th Jan 2024 at 12:53 AM
Default Oh wow...
This was oddly comforting to know that people are still using my creations

Screenshots

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#20 Old 11th Jan 2024 at 5:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ladysimplayer8
Hello @Lyralei
Thank you and the MTS team for the MTS Recap 2023
Is it possible to save the info?
Would love to compare it with next year - by which time I will probably have forgotten the stats.

Hi! Sorry @Ladysimplayer8 for responding so late!

It's definitely not a bad idea. We can always try putting that in for the next recap, if others are interested in that as well
Inventor
#21 Old 12th Jan 2024 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
Hi! Sorry @Ladysimplayer8 for responding so late!

It's definitely not a bad idea. We can always try putting that in for the next recap, if others are interested in that as well

Hello @Lyralei
Thank you for considering saving the info for next year.😁
In the meantime I have taken some screen dumps of this year’s recap.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#22 Old 25th Jan 2024 at 6:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
Hey everyone!

It's that time in the year again! Last year we introduced the recap page for the first time, and for the sake of keeping this now-tradition, it's here a second time!

It has been tweaked this year a little. Not only is it now (hopefully) bug-free, it's now also mobile/tablet friendly! (Do note, though, that on PC it will be a bit more enjoyable as that has more images.) However: Guests still will not be able to look at the recap page, so make sure you're logged in

The recap will be live from today (21 December) till the 7th of January. Next year, it will be back, though!

MTS Recap 2023

But most importantly, we all wish you a merry Christmas, and a happy new year!

I see that I have been seriously slacking this year! Thanks for the report!
Field Researcher
#23 Old 28th Jan 2024 at 9:52 AM
I havent uploaded anything here for years but that is about to change. I got lost in my ways and abandoned the sims franchise after the sims 2 but I have rediscovered it in TS4 and will hopefully be back to upload lots and maby other stuff. My plan at the moment is to remake some of my most downloaded lots from years ago for TS2 and see if people like them so by this time next year maby I will have some memories to share :D
Thank you for a wonderful website and for all the talented people making creations for others to enjoy

If I build it they will come

SimsEstates
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 11:56 PM
Hmmmm... It looks like someone still has plans to visit Sim-Tropico!
P.S.
Recap is a great idea! Thank you very much, Lyralei !
Screenshots

Welcome to Sim-Tropico!

More about Sim-Tropico:

Sim-Tropico_blog
Sim-Tropico_tumblr

Happy simming!