Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 9:48 PM
Default Endless carpool drivers being generated
Hi, the only Sims game I have is Sims Life Stories but there’s this weird glitch whenever a sim needs to go to school or work.
The game continously generates new drivers, the game starts off with three drivers and after they’ve each had a turn taking my sims to work/school one time they don’t appear again and new drivers are generated. I currently have 15 drivers in the character files, although after I close the game and come back each driver in the game files show up again, so all fifteen drivers take one more shift and then for the sixteenth shift another sim is generated. So basically the only way to keep my game from getting overloaded is to close the game after a large amount of drivers are generated and then open it again. Except when my sims go into a taxi, when they show up at the community lot there’s a different driver in the car. So one taxi trip generates two drivers, any ideas or a mod that could help.
PS: Ive tried the antiredundancy mod but it didn’t help.
Also, I would share a picture but SimPE takes forever to load. The picture would show just 15 drivers in a row though, and also all drivers show up in the default bin as uneditable sims but the problem still appears when I manually move them to the NPC folder.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 10:05 PM
It's a known bug. There's a list of helpful hacks here: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Game_g...an_neighborhood (you'd probably want the first one, "antiredundancy", and maybe a few of the others as well if you're concerned about other townies/NPCs spawning like rabbits).

The hack(s) should pevent new NPCs from being generated if it detects there's already an NPC available for that task.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
It's a known bug. There's a list of helpful hacks here: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Game_g...an_neighborhood (you'd probably want the first one, "antiredundancy", and maybe a few of the others as well if you're concerned about other townies/NPCs spawning like rabbits).

The hack(s) should pevent new NPCs from being generated if it detects there's already an NPC available for that task.

Thanks for the advice but I already tried anti-redundancy and it didn’t change anything. Maybe the coding is different between drivers from Sims 2 and drivers from Sims Life Stories but if I tried to edit the mod for drivers I’d probably mess it up.