Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 8:59 PM
Default So, what's this about a college expansion for The Sims 1?
Hi! Just when we thought we knew everything about this game, I found some interesting things on Wikipedia... apparently, when interviewing him about The Sims 2: University EP, Kevin Hogan (the producer of the pack), offhandedly said that they were planning a university EP for TS1, but they were not able to deliver what they wanted with that technology (source here) From his words, it seems things didn't go much far than planning. But the official 'dorm-inspired' downloadable objects that were available at the official web (and are still at The Sims Depot), surely makes you wonder!

Sooo what do you think? (Or do you know)? How would this 'Sims 1: University' EP have been?

(You may be interested in this, @LUCPIX)
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 8:32 PM
That's really interesting. I rarely play Sims 1 anymore since CTO Sims that has a bunch of Sims 1 cc and hacks from old sites that had shut down a long time went down since a few years ago. The good news is that they're working on bringing it back. And the skins and heads could only be worn by sims with a certain skin tone which is a PITA to convert for other skins which is a problem that i'm glad Sims 2 had finally fixed.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 6:02 PM
I like to play it from time to time. To me, it's different enough to the next iterations as to like it independently! Didn't know about CTO, I was one of the late comers and eager to explore all the downloads folder!
Scholar
#4 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 1:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ed95
I like to play it from time to time. To me, it's different enough to the next iterations as to like it independently! Didn't know about CTO, I was one of the late comers and eager to explore all the downloads folder!

I still play it from time to time mainly for the chill and smooth soundtrack,the nostalgia and the simple gameplay but Sims 2 had improved on it in a bunch of different ways graphic and gameplay wise that makes it harder to go back to and the lack of Sims 1 cc and mod sites most of which that had shut down years ago and the quick decaying moods had dampered the experience as well. When CTO Sims makes a comeback and Simitone which is a program that turns Sims 1 into a full 3d game is developed enough so that it doesn't crashes all the time with and without cc and mods than I would enjoy it a bit more and thank you for the news. I thought it really interesting that they had planned a college expansion pack for Sims 1 but scrapped it and made it for Sims 2 instead.