Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Canning Station Overhaul [UPDATE: Aug 2 2016]

by Butterbot Posted 28th Jul 2016 at 10:34 AM - Updated 28th Apr 2018 at 5:06 AM by Butterbot : Content

207 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 109 Feedback Posts, 97 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 8 of 9
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#176 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 7:11 PM
This is amazing! I recently went back to Sims 3 for the great gameplay and perusing S3 mods I found your incredible mod. This prompted me to go back to the Sims 3 store to find my Old Mill set and re-download. Thanks so much for such a detailed and fun mod!
Test Subject
#177 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NutsAndDolts
Does anyone have the edited StoreFix_Decrap_Fixes.package for download somewhere? I have never used S3PE for anything other than combining package files, so even after looking at guides about slot placement and objd, I'm 100% lost.

nixicole's screenshot looks nothing like what my OBJD line says. Mine says "Error reading resource 319E4F1D:01000000:00000000000F6139" etc. I don't even have the option to click the "grid" button.

If you still need it.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  StoreFix_Decrap_Fixes.rar (322.1 KB, 291 downloads)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#178 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 6:23 AM
I am a novice to this website, your download will be my first. I plan on enjoying every moment in the kitchen. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#179 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 5:51 AM
So, I also have Captaine Marie's Decrap_fixes_all in my overrides folder. The people over on MATY were offering that as a possible fix for store items, after KT retired. And since I don't like being told how stupid I am, I decided to ask a good friend over on Tumblr if she was familiar with the mod. She wasn't, but suggested I try the steps Butterbot outlined in post #19 for KT's mod.
Even though I've only used S3PE to merge packages, if you follow the steps Butterbot outlined, you'll have no problems. Because, yes, you do have to change the settings on the Decrap_fixes_all mod.
So, thank you, Butterbot. Not only for this lovely mod, but for being so gracious as to post the step-by-step process for altering the Decrap_fixes mods. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#180 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 4:23 AM
So, this mod isn't working at all for me! No options on the canning station. Not sure at all why. Going to try installing the fixes (over the old ones I had) and see if it works.

However, after even trying to use the canning station, even with the options not showing up, I got an error 12. It was able to save the next time I tried though, and nothing crashed or anything.
Top Secret Researcher
#181 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 12:46 AM
faerytech- I see from the TS3 general discussion that you were able to get this mod working. If you have any other questions or issues, post back with a description of what the issue is, and how you tried to fix it.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#182 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 2:23 AM
Happy Holliday And thank you for all the joy you have given us Sims 3 players XXX
Test Subject
#183 Old 4th Jan 2019 at 5:39 AM
Does this mod make it so the canning station has more than 3 item capacity? I'm just sick of having to keep adding 3 items at a time constantly when I have like 100 apples to go through
Top Secret Researcher
#184 Old 5th Jan 2019 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShotaSammy
Does this mod make it so the canning station has more than 3 item capacity? I'm just sick of having to keep adding 3 items at a time constantly when I have like 100 apples to go through

No, three items at a time is EA standard, no real way around that, afaik.

New at Simszoo
Test Subject
#185 Old 5th Jan 2019 at 6:17 PM
I keep getting script errors when my sim goes to eat a scone, toast is fine though
Top Secret Researcher
#186 Old 7th Jan 2019 at 5:21 AM Last edited by attuned : 8th Jan 2019 at 1:25 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Homeworker
I keep getting script errors when my sim goes to eat a scone, toast is fine though

Hi @Homeworker
If you can give more specifics for this behavior, it may help us to determine if there is a problem.
1. What script mods are you running?
2. Under what circumstances are the errors occurring?
3. Are there any in-game issues with scones, besides the writing of a script error?

edit to add: You can also copy and paste the error report in this thread. If it is very long you can place it in a spoiler tag: (spoiler)copy and paste report(/spoiler), except use [ and ] to replace ( and ). You can also zip it and attach it to your post. Thanks.

New at Simszoo
Test Subject
#187 Old 8th Jan 2019 at 3:41 PM Last edited by Homeworker : 8th Jan 2019 at 4:09 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
Hi @Homeworker
If you can give more specifics for this behavior, it may help us to determine if there is a problem.
1. What script mods are you running?
2. Under what circumstances are the errors occurring?
3. Are there any in-game issues with scones, besides the writing of a script error?

edit to add: You can also copy and paste the error report in this thread. If it is very long you can place it in a spoiler tag: (spoiler)copy and paste report(/spoiler), except use [ and ] to replace ( and ). You can also zip it and attach it to your post. Thanks.

1) I think the mods are listed in the error below
2) I click on the jam and say either eat with scone or jam
3) the sim resets as if i've done resetsim

It's happening with certain jams on toasts as well so have pasted a toast error and a scone one
Toast:

Scone:
Mad Poster
#188 Old 8th Jan 2019 at 4:17 PM
@Homeworker - If I am reading that correctly, both errors appear to be reporting to be on toast, not scones, regardless of what the sims are supposed to have been doing. But in order to be helpful to the mod's creator when they are able to return and take a look, perhaps you could zip these and any other samples together and upload a zipped file so that they can be read more easily without the copy/paste that tends to destroy the logs' formatting?
Lab Assistant
#189 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 3:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Absolute
If you still need it.

Thank you for this! I have been staring at the instructions for opening the file up in SimPE and been too scared to proceed, hah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inabisim
"OMG SWINGSET! They put a SWINGSET IN THE YARD I MUST GO SWING. Work? PFFF. FOOD??? Who needs food THERE'S A SWINGSET. I will SIMPLY PEE WHILE ON THE SWINGSET."
Lab Assistant
#190 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 3:30 AM
Love all your mods. Thanks heaps for this one. Just two question before I fire up my game.

Will eating the ginseng broth get rid of the germy moodlet associated with Nraas' Vector mod?
Are the rations and candles sellable with Ani's Savvier Seller Mod hosted at Nraas
Top Secret Researcher
#191 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 4:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ashmo
Love all your mods. Thanks heaps for this one. Just two question before I fire up my game.

Will eating the ginseng broth get rid of the germy moodlet associated with Nraas' Vector mod?
Are the rations and candles sellable with Ani's Savvier Seller Mod hosted at Nraas

Hi @ashmo
The answer to the first question is yes.
I hope @igazor can answer the second question.

New at Simszoo
Mad Poster
#192 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 5:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
I hope @igazor can answer the second question.

I'm a bit embarrassed to say that I have never had Savvy Seller (nor therefore the modded version) in play, so I'm not really sure from experience. My colleagues at NRaas would know the answer to this and I see that the question has just been posted there as well.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#193 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 5:54 PM
Thanks @attuned and @igazor

ill just try it out and let yall know.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#194 Old 6th Sep 2019 at 5:26 PM
this is awesome I can not wait to start canning in game!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#195 Old 21st Jun 2020 at 7:20 PM
Thank you!!!
Test Subject
#196 Old 10th Dec 2020 at 3:46 AM
Butterbot,

Where did you get your kitchen set (namely the corner shelf in the pictures with the cans on it)?
Top Secret Researcher
#197 Old 13th Dec 2020 at 4:18 AM
@klnandin unfortunately, Butterbot is on an extended leave from the sims. I am minding the mods while Butterbot is away. I cannot answer your question specifically, but I do know much of the decor items came from Around the Sims: https://aroundthesims3.com/
If not there, try asking the wizards in WCIF (where can I find): https://modthesims.info/f/559/
Good luck!

New at Simszoo
Test Subject
#198 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 12:20 AM
I cannot get this to show up in my game! The nrss shows it when I start the game. I have moved it to every folder I could think of
Top Secret Researcher
#199 Old 24th Mar 2021 at 2:08 AM
@glenamw To make sure we are on the same page, this mod is for Sims 3. In Sims 3, you must create a mods folder- directions found here:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Setup_and_Files

Then unzip the file and place in your newly created mods folder.
This mod adds new interactions to Grandma's Canning Station, but it does not add the canning station to your game. The canning station must be purchased from the TS3 store: https://store.thesims3.com/productD...&section=UpSell
Good luck!

New at Simszoo
Test Subject
#200 Old 24th Mar 2021 at 10:18 PM
thank you so much! It is installed in my game I was expecting the canning station to look different, silly me! Thank you so much for helping me!
Page 8 of 9