Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 1:22 AM Last edited by pikeman101 : 11th Apr 2018 at 3:00 AM.
Default Windowed Mode on Windows 10
Hi, all. I'm trying to play Sims 1 in windowed mode (because, whenever I close the fullscreen game via the Windows key, all the labels become impossible to read -- they get chopped up by vertical lines and disappear in under a second). I have an extremely mild example of this problem to show you, but this is the only example of the issue that doesn't disappear before I can take a screenshot (as I said, they last less than a second). For example, any white tooltips that are supposed to appear while you hover over something are impossible to read and only appear for an instant).

A mild example of the problem:

I tried pasting -r1024x768 -w into the Target textbox of my shortcut, but it gave me a rather interesting result. The same thing happens if I just use -w:

Could anyone help me out? Solving either problem would suffice.

EDIT: It would appear that the problem was me having the Compatibility mode set to Windows 95. Windows XP Service Pack 3 was required. I'd still like to fix the other problem, though, so I can play in fullscreen.