Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 11:32 PM Last edited by Squidconqueror : 19th Sep 2018 at 9:41 PM.
Default Unable to to edit Inn (Lodge) on Build mode.
I sent one of my sims family to their own personal lodge and I wanted to remove or replace the stuff that they don't need since it's just a mother and her son so I could make their home away from home and I had even used the visitor controller to keep the pesky Unsavory Charlatan,npcs,sims and strays away. Then I went to build mode and some of the icons such as the sledgehammer tool the wall tool and etc are grayed out and i'm unable to edit them besides replacing the paint or wallpaper and replacing the carpet
but none of the other stuff. I tried using the boolprop aptSubLotSpecficToolsDisabled false and boolprop aptBaseLotSpecificToolsDisabled false cheats and made them shortcuts by typing alias apt+ "boolprop aptBaseLotSpecificToolsDisabled false" #lets you add in doors, walls, etc.
alias apt- "boolprop aptBaseLotSpecificToolsDisabled true" #remove option to add in doors, walls, etc.
alias apts+ "boolprop aptSubLotSpecficToolsDisabled false"
alias apts- "boolprop aptSubLotSpecficToolsDisabled true" into the userStartup.cheat file then saved it but that didn't work either because the icons were still gray and unusable. How do I go about fixing this?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 11:39 PM
When you say personal "lodge", do you mean they're visiting a property they pay nightly to stay there?

Or are you referring to a property they purchased via the phone to own when they visit the vacation destination?

'Cause it's normal you can't edit a hotel room.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 11:52 PM
They own the Inn but just not over the phone or through rental. It's a BV Inn that I propped down and renamed after themselves since they're filthy rich they could afford to have an Inn all to themselves. It's like their own slice of heaven but the game's not letting me fully edit the lot to my liking so I might just have buildose it and just build a new one then furnish it if it couldn't be fixed.
Scholar
#4 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 11:59 PM
Oh, so it's not a case that they actually own the Inn. 'Cause I'm not aware of the game's mechanics allowing your Sims to own hotel property in vacation destinations. The Sims can own a Vacation Home, but that's another type of property.

They "own" the Inn merely because you said so, and named the property after them. The game doesn't actually recognize that the Sims own that property.

So, to answer the initial question, those items, like the sledgehammer and some build mode items, are not available when the property is something other than residential or commercial.

You would have to edit the lot without the Sims on it. You would have to convert the property into a commercial property, edit the lot, convert it back to a hotel property, then save it. Then you can have your Sims visit the lot.

See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 12:00 AM
Okay well, sims can't, unfortunately, own a hotel. Sims can only own houses for their own private use while on holidays. So if they own a hotel the coding is very confused right now.

You need to move them out, load the lot, change zoning back to community (which hotels are based on) make your changes and save. If it's meant to be a privately owned house change the zoning back to residential.

We always wanted owned hotels but it isn't possible. We can pretend with residential or community lots, but that is all.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Undead Molten Llama
#6 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 12:02 AM
I'm pretty sure that to unlock all the tools to edit lots zoned as a hotel, you have to use the dorm cheat, not the apartment one. BV came out before AL, so AL cheats wouldn't apply to a BV-specific kind of lot like a hotel. I think it's "boolprop dormspecfictoolsdisabled false." If that doesn't work you could always rezone the lot to community, make the changes you want, then zone back to hotel.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 12:25 AM
Oh okay I think I get it now. I was trying to make it so that they could stay a couple of days at the inn without going through a clerk because they own the inn. So basically do I just convert it to a community lot make all my changes then convert it back to a lodge?
Update: Thank you so much ICad. The dorm cheat had reenabled all the grayed out icons and thanks for the other solutions d_dgjdhh and Jo.
Scholar
#8 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 12:31 AM Last edited by d_dgjdhh : 19th Sep 2018 at 4:34 AM.
Well, for the way you're describing what they're on vacation for (visiting the vacation destination privately without people needing to visit), I recommend converting the property to a vacation home.

So once you convert the property into a vacation home, make sure there's a mailbox and trash bin in front (rather than a pay phone and trash bin combination). Then have the Sims call to purchase the property. Then have them visit and stay.

On the other hand, if you still want NPCs like the clerk, the housekeeper, and hotel staff, then you will need to convert the property to a commercial lot, save that, make your edits, convert the property back to a hotel, save that, then you have your Sims visit.

Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by d_dgjdhh
Well, for the way you're describing what they're on vacation for (visiting the vacation destination privately without people needing to visit), I've recommend converting the property to a vacation home.

So once you convert the property into a vacation home, make sure there's a mailbox and trash bin in front (rather than a pay phone and trash bin combination). Then have the Sims call to purchase the property. Then have them visit and stay.

Thanks. How do I convert the lot to a vacation home and place a mailbox and trash can? As for the housekeeping I think I'll either let them call in for a maid,teach them how to make a robot or just order them to do the chores.
Scholar
#10 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 12:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Squidconqueror
Thanks. How do I convert the lot to a vacation home and place a mailbox and trash can? As for the housekeeping I think I'll either let them call in for a maid,teach them how to make a robot or just order them to do the chores.
So I loaded up the game to check it out (I haven't built one in a while). It's just a residential lot (It wasn't something else specific). You would have convert the lot via cheats:

"changeLotZoning residential"

As for the mailbox, you'll need to download a buyable mailbox to replace the pay phone on the lot:

OFB Mailbox fix.

Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 1:00 AM Last edited by Squidconqueror : 19th Sep 2018 at 3:32 AM.
Could I do it while I play my sims or do I have to select the lot in neighborhood mode,edit it then put the code in to the text box?
Scholar
#12 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 2:07 AM
No, you shouldn't do that with Sims on the lot.

Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by d_dgjdhh
No, you shouldn't do that with Sims on the lot.

Thank you. I had got it all figured out.