Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#276 Old 12th Aug 2012 at 8:47 AM
when i export mine and close gimp, BodyShop Crashes!!! XD any suggestions to why?????
Advertisement
Scholar
#277 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by z0mbi3sl43yr
when i export mine and close gimp, BodyShop Crashes!!! XD any suggestions to why?????

I don't know why, but open the exported file in Paint, save as and exit. Then go to Bodyshop and it should be fine.
Scholar
#278 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 1:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HPSimsGal
My gimp dosen't have the "dialogs" choice. It's "Gimps version 2.8" Now what?

Go to Windows on the top right, click Dockable Dialogs. It is there instead.
Test Subject
#279 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 9:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dizzy-noodles
I don't know why, but open the exported file in Paint, save as and exit. Then go to Bodyshop and it should be fine.

I am having the same problem as z0mbi3sl43yr, and I tried doing as you said but it still crashes on me. Any clue why or if there is anything else I can do about it? :c
Bunned
#280 Old 24th Dec 2012 at 8:29 PM
Thank you so much! I never even touched GIMP or bodyshop before today, and I recolored the dress within twenty minutes! Thank you so much for helping me create my first mod (well...sorta XD)!
Test Subject
#281 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 11:52 AM
Default Try this when BodyShop crashes when opening a saved project
Quote: Originally posted by Jemaru
I am having the same problem as z0mbi3sl43yr, and I tried doing as you said but it still crashes on me. Any clue why or if there is anything else I can do about it? :c

I had the same problem as you with the new GIMP 2.8, but I managed to figure out how to outsmart BodyShop.
When you export the altered file, click on + compatibility options, and tick the box in front of "Do not write colour space information".
After that you shouldn't have any more problems of opening your projects in BodyShop.
Test Subject
#282 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 8:43 PM
um.
I loved this tutorial and it was SO helpful. The only problem i have is refreshing it and getting it to show up. I refreshed the body shop and the new dress didn't show up. Any suggestions?
Mad Poster
#283 Old 27th Jan 2013 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emoSim15
I loved this tutorial and it was SO helpful. The only problem i have is refreshing it and getting it to show up. I refreshed the body shop and the new dress didn't show up. Any suggestions?

Make sure the texture is saved in the correct format (BMP) in the correct place in your Projects folder.
Test Subject
#284 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 8:17 PM Last edited by jodiehook : 9th Feb 2013 at 8:35 PM. Reason: new information
Help
I did every step to the last detail but every time I have tried it when i refreshed on Body Shop my new colour hasn't shown up, the dress is still the same as before. I have Gimp 2, is there something different I need to do or something I am missing?
I also clicked the option to overwrite the original file and export it to save it as a bmp but when i refreshed on Body Shop the dress became bright blue rather then red
Field Researcher
#285 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 1:28 AM Last edited by ohgreatone22 : 19th Feb 2013 at 6:17 AM.
I tried recoloring a shirt, but when I tried to export it as a bmp, the shirt turned blue in the preview in body shop, while the BMP file showed my recolor. It was like the mesh was missing, but I just recolored the shirt, so there shouldn't be anything missing. What did I do wrong?
Field Researcher
#286 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 1:21 AM
No one has a reply to my question? I really want to learn how to recolor a shirt.

I have a simblr now! Check it out: simblr
Had a long day and need a laugh? Check this out for funny sims stuff!
Mad Poster
#287 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 6:51 PM
Maybe... don't use GIMP? I realize it's free, but it's obviously not 100% compatible with Body Shop because you're not the only person to have the blue problem using that program.

You could try one of the trial versions of Photoshop or Photoshop Elements and see if you get the same problem... but my guess is that you won't. I've never had this happen (I use Photoshop Elements), and I've only ever heard of it happening with GIMP. Unfortunately, there don't seem to be any solutions to the issue that are readily apparent. That's probably why you haven't received any other responses.
Scholar
#288 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 1:12 PM
ohgreatone22, the new version of Gimp changed the way files are saved and this is not compatible with BodyShop. The 'Export as' function causes Bodyshop to crash or save in correctly, which I think must be your issue. I've personally never had the blue problem, but I always get the crashing problem. The way I work around it is that when my texture is finished and ready for BodyShop, I merge all the layers, copy it, open the texture I am replacing in Paint, paste in my new texture and then save it there. Basically, saving your texture via a different photo editing program should resolve the issue. If you are using an older version of Gimp then I'm afraid I have no idea what is causing the problem.
Test Subject
#289 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 4:28 PM
When I try to open the body shop, it won't open or if it does it crashes. :///
Site Helper
#290 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 5:04 PM
That's not a tutorial issue. You're probably running the wrong version, or have bad CC. Post in the Sims 2 Help forum:
http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=31
Test Subject
#291 Old 31st May 2013 at 8:56 PM
I did everything but bodyshop said something like " The file can't be read" or something like this. Heeeelllp !
Forum Resident
#292 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 5:24 PM
I tried this, but it didn't turn out the way I had expected. I colored the said dress in a brown color but in Bodyshop after refreshing it got a blue color. I'm stumped.

~ English is my second language. Bear that in mind if you read my stories. :)
Mad Poster
#293 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mirjamsim2love
I tried this, but it didn't turn out the way I had expected. I colored the said dress in a brown color but in Bodyshop after refreshing it got a blue color. I'm stumped.

The GIMP does that. It's a common problem. The only way around it seems to be to either use a different graphics editor altogether, or to paste your finished GIMP texture into a new file in a different graphics editor. Either way, you won't be able to do it with just the GIMP.
Forum Resident
#294 Old 14th Sep 2013 at 5:10 PM Last edited by mirjamsim2love : 15th Sep 2013 at 1:21 PM.
Thanks for responding! Maybe it ís best to try another graphic program for this. Because I also tried it through SimPE and Gimp, but also there it came out different than I expected. There I tried it with a pattern, but the pattern wasn't seeable in-game. The sofa I tried in that case turned out a really dark brown color without a pattern. Still I was happy, because at least it turned out I was able to (re)color something and let it show up in-game. For me that already was a good start. I will try again, but then with a different graphic program as you suggested.

Edit: I used photoshop this time and it did turn out like it was supposed to in Bodyshop. Now I only have to make sure I implement more patterns/textures to work with. This version of Photoshop only brought a few.

~ English is my second language. Bear that in mind if you read my stories. :)
Forum Resident
#295 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 7:12 AM
I just wanted to say thanks for the tutorial. I updated my Gimp to 2.8 from 2.6, and after realizing I was an idiot, managed to get this to work perfectly. Found out I can pull up the layers box with ctrl + L. I had to research the export issue, but everything works perfectly! Thank you!

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Test Subject
#296 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 4:03 AM
Nine years later, still very useful.
Quote: Originally posted by Saraswati5
Beginning Clothing Recolor using The Gimp

I just wanted to say that I found this tutorial quite handy. Your screenshots of Body Shop were particularly useful.

I'd used the gimp before and knew I had to export bitmaps, and where the other functions you'd mentioned had relocated. About recoloring clothing, though, I knew next to nothing, and you made it easy

When I got the blue problem, I went back and did a slider recolor of the original layer (colors menu, select hue-saturation and play around). I exported it, refreshed as you said and voilá! Works like a charm.

Again, thanks for your help.

I use the gimp, Blender and SimPE.

I play TS2 and TSM. I own TS3, but like TS2 better.

Current project: learn Sims 2 meshing
Page 12 of 12