Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#101 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 6:18 PM
Ever since the May 11th update of Windows 8.1, s4pe has been saying that it can't start because it doesn't like the new version of Windows .Net Framework64.

I've tried repairing my .Net Framework64, and the repair tool says there's nothing wrong with it.

I actually trust you more than I trust Microsoft :-), so I'm guessing that there IS a problem with my .Net Framework64, and s4pe works okay with the new version of it?

Here's a screenshot of the error message:

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#102 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 4:03 AM
I don't have a Windows 8 PC to test on, but I haven't seen any reports of this before. I Googled and this apparently is a known problem on Win 8 and Win 10 involving various system dlls. I wasn't able to find any definitive answers. I guess you could try reinstalling .NET 4. Are you on a 32-bit or 64-bit system?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Top Secret Researcher
#103 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 4:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
I don't have a Windows 8 PC to test on, but I haven't seen any reports of this before. I Googled and this apparently is a known problem on Win 8 and Win 10 involving various system dlls. I wasn't able to find any definitive answers. I guess you could try reinstalling .NET 4. Are you on a 32-bit or 64-bit system?

I'm on a 64-bit system. I tried reinstalling .NET first thing, but the installer says, "Nah, you've already got this, so I'm not gonna install it." And it can't be UNinstalled like a regular program, because it's part of the OS and isn't separately uninstallable. I could re-install all of Windows 8, but I was really hoping to avoid that.

Anyway, thanks for checking!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
#104 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 5:40 AM
Is there going to be an update for Seasons and the new Hot and Cold Weather clothing categories?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#105 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by afgw
Is there going to be an update for Seasons and the new Hot and Cold Weather clothing categories?

Yes, within the next couple of days.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#106 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 9:43 PM
Version 0.5.3-beta released with Seasons clothing tag support.

Lab Assistant
#107 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 2:12 PM
Bug report! This base game animation cannot be opened in S4PE (0.5.3).
It's called "a2o_tv_watch_turnOnOff_happy_x".
Attached files:
File Type: zip  a2o_tv_watch_turnOnOff_happy_x.zip (32.1 KB, 12 downloads) - View custom content
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#108 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 2:17 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 8th Jul 2018 at 11:05 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by TURBODRIVER
Bug report! This base game animation cannot be opened in S4PE (0.5.3).
It's called "a2o_tv_watch_turnOnOff_happy_x".

I'll take a look.

Edit:

@TURBODRIVER - as usual it turned out to be something really really stupid. I've attached the new animation resource dll for you to use until I get to uploading a new version. Just replace in your s4pe folder.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  s4pi.AnimationResources.7z (43.2 KB, 41 downloads) - View custom content

Test Subject
#109 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 3:45 PM
Default bug report
when I open and just save these packages, game won't load
and Sims4Studio say this
Code:
The Sims 4 Studio - Version 3.1.2.2
System.IO.InvalidDataException: Invalid data found during decoding.
   in S4Studio.Data.IO.Locale.StringTable.Read(Stream stream, IReferenceList resources)
   in S4Studio.Data.IO.Package.DBPFPackage.FetchResource(Type t, IDBPFResourcePointer index, Boolean nocache)
   in S4Studio.Data.IO.Package.DBPFPackage.FetchResource[T](IDBPFResourcePointer index, Boolean nocache)
   in S4Studio.Data.IO.Package.DBPFPackage.FetchResource[T](IDBPFResourcePointer index)
   in S4Studio.Data.IO.Locale.StringTableManager.FixLanguageSTBL(IDBPFPackage package)
   in S4Studio.Data.IO.Locale.StringTableManager.Init()
   in S4Studio.Data.IO.Locale.StringTableManager..ctor(IDBPFPackage localPackage)
   in S4Studio.ViewModels.Generic.CatalogSims4CustomContent..ctor(IWindow window, IResourceProvider remoteSource, IDBPFPackage localPackage, UInt64 prototype_id, Type type)
   in S4Studio.ViewModels.Generic.BuyBuildSims4CustomContent..ctor(IWindow window, IResourceProvider remoteSource, IDBPFPackage localPackage, UInt64 prototype_id, Type type)
   in S4Studio.ViewModels.Generic.BuyBuildSims4CustomContent`1..ctor(IWindow window, IResourceProvider remoteSource, IDBPFPackage localPackage, UInt64 prototype_id)
   in S4Studio.ViewModels.ObjectCustomContentViewModel..ctor(IWindow window, IResourceProvider globalFiles, IDBPFPackage localPackage, UInt64 prototype_id)
   in S4Studio.Shared.StudioDocumentModel.LoadViewModel()
   in S4Studio.Shared.StudioDocumentModel.set_Package(IDBPFPackage value)
   in S4Studio.MainWindow.LoadProject(String full_path)

also, can you add launch command to repack package without compression?
example:
Code:
s4pe.exe -nocompression C:\input.package C:\output.package

so it's just open "C:\input.package" and save it to "C:\output.package" without launching gui
Attached files:
File Type: zip  s4pe_package_repack_bug.zip (2.26 MB, 16 downloads) - View custom content
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#110 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Illume
when I open and just save these packages, game won't load

also, can you add launch command to repack package without compression?
example:
Code:
s4pe.exe -nocompression C:\input.package C:\output.package

so it's just open "C:\input.package" and save it to "C:\output.package" without launching gui

I've found the problem and am working on a fix which will save changes correctly.

Sorry, but s4pe doesn't have a command line interface as far as I know and I'm not planning on adding one.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#111 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 2:29 PM
The STBL problem was caused by s4pe assuming these resources were uncompressed. This would only happen when the compressed and uncompressed lengths of the resource are the same.

Here's an update for the package component to handle compression more robustly. Extract these files into your s4pe folder and replace the old ones. Please let me know if there are still problems. The fix will be in the next version.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  s4pi.Package.7z (74.0 KB, 45 downloads) - View custom content

Test Subject
#112 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 11:36 AM
seems worked, thanks!
anyway why when I select >10000 elements on package, it's takes soo long time?
I have turn off preview and it's still doing something, but I just selected files...
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#113 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 12:26 PM
seems worked, thanks!
anyway why when I select >10000 elements on package, it's takes soo long time?
I have turn off preview and it's still doing something, but I just selected files...

Sorry, I can't do anything about that.

Test Subject
#114 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 8:55 AM
Default bug report again
here is another re-compression bug
just uncompress and save
I get this error
Attached files:
File Type: zip  s4petestbug.zip (246.1 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#115 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 1:31 PM
here is another re-compression bug
just uncompress and save
I get this error

I tried it on other GEOMS: right-click, clear the Compress flag, save the package. They work fine.

Is that what you did? And I'll need a package with the original GEOM.

Test Subject
#116 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 6:45 AM
strange...
here is the original package
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j2zewy782...it.package?dl=1
only GEOMs failed to decompress
Test Subject
#117 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 7:40 AM
Default one request
when selecting all files and they are mixed compressed\uncompressed, make the first action on "Compression" field to uncompress items, not compress
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#118 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 1:54 PM
OK, seems to be just the GEOM, only if you uncompress multiple GEOMs. I'll see what i can do.

Lab Assistant
#119 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 7:01 PM
Hey! With recent Sims 4 patches, some new resources were added, and I want to report at least one of them not being supported.
The "Headline" XML file is not being seen as an XML file. An example included in attachments.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  S4_F401205D_00000000_0000000000030342_headline_Relationship_Friendship.zip (1.4 KB, 9 downloads) - View custom content
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#120 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TURBODRIVER
Hey! With recent Sims 4 patches, some new resources were added, and I want to report at least one of them not being supported.
The "Headline" XML file is not being seen as an XML file. An example included in attachments.

Thanks for the report! I'll work on it, but it's going to take some time because I broke my shoulder and hunt and peck coding is no fun.

Test Subject
#121 Old 18th Jan 2019 at 5:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
I broke my shoulder
that no good
take care of youself
there is no need to hurry
Test Subject
#122 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 1:02 PM
Hey There

I get these errors when I add a resource (Resource -> STBL 0x220557DA)

Any idea whats up?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#123 Old 27th Jan 2019 at 3:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by oxoJessi
Hey There

I get these errors when I add a resource (Resource -> STBL 0x220557DA)

Any idea whats up?

I'm not getting an error using Resource / Add / STBL. Please tell me:

What version of s4pe you're using
The exact steps that resulted in an error

If you're not starting with an empty package it might help to upload your package. If you're importing an STBL file please upload that.

And if it's a bug please be patient - it's still difficult for me to use a keyboard.

Thanks!

Test Subject
#124 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 10:55 PM
Thanks for the reply, I'm using s4pe_V0.5.3-beta

I'm really new at modding so I was trying to follow this tutorial http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...110#post4710110, I start new and add the type/group/instance and then when I click OK an error comes up.

If you like, I uploaded a video: https://youtu.be/ebbRoZggwgM
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#125 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 11:27 PM
Thanks. When you extracted s4pe, did you follow the instructions to use 7-zip?

"You MUST use 7-zip to uncompress the binary : 7-zip is free and available here . Extract the .7z, open the folder, and run s4pe.exe."

Page 5 of 10