Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 5:37 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 23rd Feb 2018 at 3:16 AM.
Default Can't have window on diagonal wall. (SOLVED)
I made my first diagonal window yesterday and all went well. It was a double, 2 tiles window. I started with that one as I thought it would be the easiest, and it was.

Now, following the same instructions (modified by me, because my set is slaved to maxis) I am trying to make another one, from my new window add-ons set.
That does not work. There was no diagonal version of the window I cloned to make the straight version...could this be the problem? (a bit steep mansard roof window)*
The funny thing is, before I began trying to link to a diagonal, placing it on a diagonal wall, would turn it into a base game window. (the one with a heart) So It does work...
So, I decided to clone the diagonal heart window to make my own diagonal, and link it to my straight window.
Now, it simply says that this window cannot go on a diagonal wall. I am a bit confused.

*This is what Numenor says in his tutorial, but nothing about how to fix, or if it makes it impossible :
If you can't find, immediately above or below the straight object, another identical entry without the thumbnail, than be warned: maybe the object you have chosen was not designed by Maxis to have a diagonal version.

Adding pictures of before I link, and after I do.
Screenshots

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 9:11 PM
Windows have a flag in the OBJD to set diagonal, and it also has specific BHAVs called to place on a diagonal. So if your original clone doesn't have a corresponding diagonal included by Maxis then you won't be able to link to one by just adding the GUIDs in the OBJD. You will need to clone a straight window that has a diagonal window linked already.

As to defaulting to the window cloned, have you properly linked the two by GUIDs in the OBJD? http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=82075
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 9:17 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 21st Feb 2018 at 9:52 PM.
All my new windows default to that same BG heart window, when place on a diagonal wall. It is when I link them to a diagonal, that they become non-diagonable, if that make sense.
All my straight windows are cloned from the same window, a bit steep mansard roof, which does not have a diagonal counterpart. besides one window, the 2 tile one, that had a diagonal counterpart. that one worked right away.
And yes, i did the GUID correctly.
So it might be a BHAV problem. Though what i do not understand is that it works before i try to link, as my first picture shows. It does not have the proper mesh or texture, but it works.
Scrap that, I just got it, while shopping garlic. (don't ask)
It does work if I don't change the GUID for diagonal, because it refers to a maxis window that does have the proper bhav in its straight version.
Thank you HL.
So either I play in all the bhav's of allllll my new windows..either I just re-clone everything.

Instructor
#4 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 3:27 PM
Just out of curiosity, can you add the flag in OBJD and then edit a local BHAV to enable it to have a diagonal, or is there something that would prevent that from working?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 7:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by d4RE
Just out of curiosity, can you add the flag in OBJD and then edit a local BHAV to enable it to have a diagonal, or is there something that would prevent that from working?

That'd be awesome if I knew how, because this is exactly what I would try. The window I cloned from is not suppose to have a diagonal, so as HL told me..its BHAV is not set for it. I'd rather edit the bhav, but I am not sure how. So I might just clone some other *normal* window that has a diagonal, and start over...
I have not been working on them since I posted last, but I will try anyway. See if I can spot a difference between a normal window's bhav and mine. Who knows..I might be able to.

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#6 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 9:18 PM
You could try replacing the bhav's in your diagonal version that doesn't work with some from a diagonal window. Take the ones from a working diagonal, do a fix integrity. And verify that the instance number of the imported one is the same as what is in the OBJF.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 9:21 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 22nd Feb 2018 at 9:36 PM.
This sounds semi-complicated, but I will try. Thank you
I would extract everything from a working one, then delete and add to mine? (BHAV that is)
EDIT
Sorry, I just realized now that this is exactly what i did that does not work.
The diagonal window I cloned to make mine, is a working one. It is the one that shows up before I edit the diagonal guid in my straight version. Pic I posted...
Extracting the bhav from it and put it in mine would be kind of useless, as it is already in.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 2:55 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 23rd Feb 2018 at 3:16 AM.
Cloning a normal window works, so I'll take that route. All my meshes are done anyway, so besides repetition...that will be fun.
Thanks for helping, my issue is solved.
Screenshots