Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 3:55 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 12th Feb 2018 at 3:01 PM.
Default About an old tutorial on Icon/Thumbnails.(Solved) ;)
I just finished following this tutorial, it worked I still cannot believe I succeeded. lol
http://modthesims.info/t/showthread.php?t=329847

But now I am wondering, if I must keep all these imported resources in my main package...which is a window, so it is already kind of big.

EDIT:
So I made a backup of my window, and went ahead, deleting the GMDC's,GMND's and SHPE's that I had imported from my icon package. I left the imported CRES in though.
I lost all thumbnail images. Both the catalogue one and the subsets/recolors.
So...I am not sure how worth it this is, to have 7 more files in a package, just to get a prettier icon. And what happens if you clone that package to make a set..or another object ?
I'd love some precision. In the meantime, I'll stick to my window with its baby icon. ( a tiny image of my window..not the actual infant)

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 9:52 AM
According to Hugelunatic, this is all you need to fix thumbnails for build/buy objects: https://hugelunatic.com/?p=113
(I haven't tried, though).

Might be worth a try if you have a lot of objects to fix.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#3 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 10:17 AM
HL's solution only works if there is an array in the Items box to delete. (If there is? That works like a charm. ) I'm not sure I've ran across any windows that have anything there to delete.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 3:00 PM
There was one, and it indeed worked like a charm. Thank you so much.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)