Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 12:51 AM Last edited by gh0stic : 7th Oct 2016 at 4:36 AM. Reason: SOLVED
Default New objects with screwy shadows
Ok, so I've been putsing around converting 4t2 objects. Welp, I somehow totally forgot to make the shadows when I went in-game to test them out.

So naturally I hopped on here, found a few tutorials and quickly learned...the method I used (part 1 part 2) to convert removes the shadow from the TS4 object and Milkshape is essentially useless. My objects have the dreaded black box under them.

I've done everything I can think of, I checked to see if they're 32x32 .PNG DXT 5 w/ Smoothen or none (I tried both) with the ExtRaw24Bit setting and it looks fine in the GMDC preview pane but as soon as I go in game, the black box appears.

I tried using a shadow from another object around the same size I needed, that was also a bust.

Help! I have a total of 42 objects that need new shadows :C I'd play my game w/o my shadows on...but I'm not a quitter.

Now playing Waverly Chronicles, rotational gameplay
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 4:36 AM
This has been resolved, a gal on tumblr was able to help me out. I needed to remove the shadow from the Groups tab in the GMDC. Shadow fixed!

Now playing Waverly Chronicles, rotational gameplay