Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 5:34 PM
Wow! The Apps are FAB guys x I'm looking forward to Round 2 - I can't wait to see what you guys have in you!

Malfoya - I can see your Pics FINE! So don't worry bout me

xX Furuba all the way Xx
xX Miss World EVEN FURTHER!! Xx
Check out the contest site at http://sims2missworld.weebly.com
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LifesLover
I can see them perfectly fine, malfoya, and I use FireFox. I know that I couldn't see them yesterday, however, but I did seem them when you first posted. It should be fine.

ZulehkaHenao - Hey, your sim is beautiful, but I think you should change your free shot. It's far too much like your head shot. The point of the different pictures is to show us as much about the diversity of your sim as possible. Also, would it be possible to photograph your sim on the other side in the body shot? Again, the point is to see as much of the sim as we can, and I love the position, I just find that whenever I look at it, my eyes are drawn to the huge bag and not much else. Photograph her from the other side and the bag is there, it's just not the focal point of the picture.

She shouldn't reupload them to make it better- this is her submission and we will judge her on it. I agree about the bodyshot. But if we tell them about what they did wrong and tell them to reupload, there will be nothing left to judge.

Zebra Maxidress in 5 Colors

I made a tutorial! Check it out here.
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 6:33 PM
Everything looks amazing.

Kaya: Are we judging the Applications, or are these purely for reference?

Test Subject
#79 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 9:19 PM
Is it too late to apply? And, can anyone do so? I see you have a list of applicants...
Ahhh, sorry, I'm just so confused! :c

i'm not cool i'm ❅❅❅☾₱ale✝łce✝₲runge☽❅❅❅
Forum Resident
#80 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lipglosschaos
She shouldn't reupload them to make it better- this is her submission and we will judge her on it. I agree about the bodyshot. But if we tell them about what they did wrong and tell them to reupload, there will be nothing left to judge.

The contestants are allowed to make any changes they wish until the round is closed. And it is only nice to give feedback, whether I'm a judge or not. I'm not trying to tell her/him to make the pictures or the sim better, merely to try different angles that let us see more of the sim. This way, it makes judging easier since I can see more.

@LayaLynn:

The application round is still open and will be open for some days now. You are fully qualified if you're willing to participate.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#81 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 3:34 AM
Its all in good spirit telling people how they can make things better.

Thats why we do these things, to learn :D

Yes you can Participate!!!!! DO it lol you have like 30 hours maybe .....

And Kay yes we are judging applications

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 7:18 AM
Counting Down!!!

.::I'm just a Korean girl who loves simming and being in her own world::.

I've lived in Korea, America and now Australia, where will my next journey take me?
Test Subject
#83 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 12:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by falloutchild
Counting Down!!!

me too So excited, dug out a whole lot of 'cultural' pics from my photoalbum of my holiday in thailand A really nice one which I'm going to base my picture off

Contestant in Miss World - Mya Kavalee
- Round 1 - Application

---

Quote:
Once you start playing "Name That Project", it's time to delete.
~ HugeLunatic on the subject of overflowing project folders.
Forum Resident
#84 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 3:01 PM
Let's just hope we get the last 3 applications in before the deadline- otherwise we'll have to extend it.

Field Researcher
#85 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 4:06 PM
I'm am in love with this contest! the applications are all beautiful. I'm gld to be an emergency judge because that means that, for the most part, I can just lurk and enjoy all of your hard work. lol. great job to all aplicants, I think this is going to be a close contest.

madsaffs x

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LifesLover
The contestants are allowed to make any changes they wish until the round is closed. And it is only nice to give feedback, whether I'm a judge or not. I'm not trying to tell her/him to make the pictures or the sim better, merely to try different angles that let us see more of the sim. This way, it makes judging easier since I can see more.

@LayaLynn:

The application round is still open and will be open for some days now. You are fully qualified if you're willing to participate.

That is a good point (:

Scholar
#87 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 11:20 PM
Default Jenna St James - R1 - Application
I still need to get my free shot done. And I have to find a photoshop cd to put it on this computer since it apparently didn't come with it. How wierd is that??? Then, I can make the background white again, I hate the way the white paint is hardly ever white when you take pics before it.

NAME: Jenna St. James
BIRTHPLACE: St. Paul, Minnesota
CULTURE: Minnesota Nice (or Midwestern to those who have never heard of Minnesota Nice)

Head Shot

Profile Shot

Body Shot

How much longer do we have to finish? It's just hitting dinner time on Monday where I live.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Forum Resident
#88 Old 14th Sep 2010 at 1:31 AM
Well, there's a customized counter on the front page. Time zones are different, so... from the counter it says it'll end in about 7 hours, which will make it around 3:30 to 4:00 in the morning where I am. However, I think this only makes 9 contestants, and I'm pretty sure that there has to be a minimum of 10 contestants to move forward with the contest, if I read the rules correctly.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#89 Old 14th Sep 2010 at 2:17 AM
I'll extend it for another 24 hours from now ...... thats just means the other rounds will be a bit shorter!!!

Test Subject
#90 Old 14th Sep 2010 at 7:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kaylarox
I'll extend it for another 24 hours from now ...... thats just means the other rounds will be a bit shorter!!!

Many contests have the application round open while they release the info for the next round. If you give us this info then we can get to work while you collect another contestant.
I'm so pumped!

Contestant in Miss World - Mya Kavalee
- Round 1 - Application

---

Quote:
Once you start playing "Name That Project", it's time to delete.
~ HugeLunatic on the subject of overflowing project folders.
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 14th Sep 2010 at 7:45 AM
MaydayParade PMed me saying her sims failed on her but she will try again today so would that mean we have all the contestants we need??

xX Furuba all the way Xx
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 14th Sep 2010 at 10:07 AM
Default Agree!
Quote: Originally posted by electricblu3
Many contests have the application round open while they release the info for the next round. If you give us this info then we can get to work while you collect another contestant.
I'm so pumped!

i agree, me too!!!

I've lived in Korea, America and now Australia, where will my next journey take me?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#93 Old 14th Sep 2010 at 11:31 AM Last edited by kaylarox : 14th Sep 2010 at 8:48 PM.
Default Round 2 || The Sims 2 || Miss World Contest

This round we want to see your heritage, what you do, and how you express your love for it.

-Write about your experiences of your country and what you love.

-Feelings about the photo shoot

Shoots
- A Head Shot (neutral Background)
- A Body Shot (neutral Background)
- 2 Free Shots

Good Luck xox

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#94 Old 14th Sep 2010 at 11:35 AM Last edited by kaylarox : 14th Sep 2010 at 8:47 PM.
Bonus Round

Colour me Crazy!

Hey there! Its time for a BONUS ROUND!

Each contestant must choose a colour (you do not have to reserve a colour just do a colour you would like) and has to make there sim into that colour e.g If I was to chose pink I would give my sim a pink dress and shoes, pink make up, pink accessories and even pink hair! Give your sim as much as you think they need to show off their colour.

This round is worth an extra 10 points!

Photos needed:
1 Head shot (Neutral Background)
1 Body shot ("" '' )
2 Free shots

Lab Assistant
#95 Old 14th Sep 2010 at 12:07 PM
YAY A BONUS ROUND!!!!
i will do BLUE!!!
it is 9:00pm here so tomorrow i will work on my shoots

btw: when will we have the aplication scores? (i don't want to pressure you though. just asking <3)
thanks
-fallout

Inventor
#96 Old 14th Sep 2010 at 1:19 PM
I'll do red I'm obsessed about the color!!
Now I'm gonna look for some nice clothing to wear for the bonus round ^^

When you listed up 1 free shot two times, does that mean 2 free shots? I'm a bit confused about that part.
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 14th Sep 2010 at 1:34 PM
kaylarox, I have some question. Does it mean we have to make 8 PICTURES for Round 2 ?

About the headshot and bodyshot .... are they on solid background ?

There are four things that you could never get them back :
1. A stone...after it's thrown
2. Words...after they're spoken
3. Chance...after it's passed
4. Time...after it's gone
Inventor
#98 Old 14th Sep 2010 at 2:15 PM Last edited by malfoya : 15th Sep 2010 at 2:25 PM.
SECOND ROUND:

Write about your experiences of your country and what you love.
Norway's a country with a lot of nature. We're not a very populated country, so it's easy to find your way to a quiet spot on the mountains. I'm not a big wanderer, but sometimes I find myself sitting top of one of them, just watching the green valleys and fjords.. it inspires my art.
.. but about what I love. Watching fotball, enter festivals, party with my friends.. being a bit of a tomboy sometimes. Which is pretty easy in a country that was earlier known for Vikings. It might not be the typical Miss-thing to do, but I'm still a girl who eagers to show originality to the world.

Feelings about the photo shoot
Having to pick to moments that shows my true culture, the shots had to be the completely opposites. One of me supporting my home team, Aalesund FK at a local pub. The other one at Norway's birthay (17th of May). This last event is quite big in our little country.. and almost everyone attends, marching with flags and singing our national anthem. .
For me it means taking a trip to my family's cottage by the sea to eat dinner and hang around with friends and family.

Head and body shot is done with a wig, to show how a typical Norwegian blonde can look.. as our country is known for its natural blondes.

BONUS ROUND - Lady in Red:

Test Subject
#99 Old 14th Sep 2010 at 2:59 PM Last edited by Areen : 14th Sep 2010 at 8:02 PM.
Yay! I'm so happy when the apps is extend! I'll take a chance joining this contest, and this is my first time to join the contest on Mod The Sims community

Thank You kaylarox :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 14th Sep 2010 at 8:33 PM
Hey Malfoya! Thats fine there was meant to be 2 FREE SHOTS! Wow! Theres a lot to keep up with

xX Furuba all the way Xx

Page 4 of 22