Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 7:57 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 21st Feb 2018 at 3:34 PM.
Default Slaved Object Not Picking Up Master Object's Recolours
TS2 creators, would anyone who is familiar with the repository technique be able to have a look at a package file for me and tell me why it isn’t working?

I am trying to slave a piece of custom furniture to the Maxis bedding. I have reached the point where the object is picking up the mesh texture but not the recolours. I have followed Kiri’s tutorial over on BlogSpot as well as referring to HugeLunatic's tutorial and although I’ve remade the object a few times I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong! (One attempt to fix things led to me game being unable to load any ‘hood where the object had been placed - ooops!). It isn't crashing the game any more, but I can't get it to actually work properly.

If anyone would be willing to have a quick look at it for me to tell me what I’ve done wrong I would really appreciate it! I am not sharing the file here as it is a secret surprise project but I can PM a link to the file :-)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 8:17 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 18th Feb 2018 at 11:27 PM.
For this, I always follow JWoods tutorial, that I have downloaded and keep in my Tutorials folder. I guess, we all have our fav tuts.
http://modthesims.info/t/82227
Upload your object, I can take a look...or PM me, I can take a look.
EDIT:
Check your pm. It is now working as you want, I uploaded your edited file on my SFS as a private one. As soon as you grab it, me will delete it.
In the pm, I also explain what I did.
If any other questions, just ask.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 6:57 PM
Thank you for fixing it for me and explaining how you did so! :-)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 7:00 PM
And you are welcome again!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 7:25 PM
Not actually solved! *sighs*

I am having more issues with this slaved object. My slaved version overwrites the original (custom) object, even though I have attempted to change the GUIDs for my version (I assume that I did something wrong!). And I had to recreate the object as I completely messed up whilst trying to change the GUIDs and now it has stopped picking up recolours from the master object again and once again I cannot figure out why! :-(

Would anyone be able to have a look at it for me to see where I have gone wrong this time?! I can share a link to my file and the original file through PM if anyone is willing to have a look! :-)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 8:05 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 21st Feb 2018 at 3:34 PM.
Thank you! I have PM'd you a link to the file. I have managed to stop my slaved version from overwriting the original but it isn't picking up the master object's recolours for some reason :-(

**ETA** Thank you for your help, HL, it's working now! :-)