Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 3:38 PM
Default Slightly red faced here..
I have a simple question, which I feel I should have been able to work out for myself, but I can't.

I want to attempt a mod that affects the semiglobals of a group rather than a single object.

How do I extract the semiglobals without SimPE setting the custom group and changing the instance number?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 7:06 PM
Could you...make a fake clone (click clone but unselect everything) of the object that runs on that semi global you are after, and then extract that semiglobal?
I'm trying here...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 10:00 PM
Use Object Tools -> Import Semi-Globals to find the BHAV you want to edit, and make a note of its TGI (the four 8-digit numbers after the name)

Then go into Finder, select TGI Search from the dropdown at the top, and enter the TGI as follows:
The first 8-digit number goes in type (this is the type for all BHAVs)
The second 8-digit number is ignored
The third 8-digit number goes in group
The fourth 8-digit number goes in Instance (lo)

Hit Start and SimPE should find the BHAV you want. Double-click the BHAV in the search results to open Objects.package with that BHAV selected, then right-click it and hit Extract. Do this for all the BHAVs you want to edit.

Then make a new .package and import all the BHAVs you just extracted.

If you're a lazy feck like me, instead of writing down the TGI you can use windows snipping tool to take a screenshot of it and then copy the numbers from the screenshot.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 10:28 PM
Thank you @Nisha that is what I needed to know.

@Rosebine Thanks, but I had already tried that.
just a girl
#5 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 10:30 PM
I suppose I'm even lazier than Nysha, because my method is this: Open objects.package of the latest EP (M&G for me), find the BHAV and extract it. No manual fiddling with instance/group numbers. Note: it's best to make a copy of objects.package to avoid accidentally changing an actual one.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#6 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 12:13 PM
You can also import in the semi globals. It doesn't change them to f's and uncheck the custom box when cloning.