Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 3:19 PM
Default Odd detail in Nightlife speaker textures ... what does it do?
In the community lot wall speakers from Nightlife, the texturing for the speaker housing has a detail that isn't present on any of the other wall speakers. That texturing is in the lower left corner, and the detail is a narrow line near its right edge. It's mostly black, but not entirely.

It's what causes the black line on the light wood speaker in this thread. That recolor uses the texture from the NL Classical speaker, but the mesh is a clone of the base game R&B speaker. What has me confused isn't just that the mesh for the NL Classical speaker mesh doesn't display that detail as a black line, but that, as far as I can tell, a recolor using the NL mesh looks the same whether or not the texture has that detail. Am I missing something because I don't know what to look for, or is it a difference that makes little or no difference?

Basically, I want to know if I should try to preserve or re-create that detail when retexturing the NL speakers... or is it something I can ignore?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 12:17 AM
It's probably just a slight mapping discrepancy, I'd ignore it.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 12:55 AM
Thanks, Nysha.