Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 10:00 AM
Default How to Make a Door Allow Light to Pass Through?
I'm just looking for an easy way to fix the properties of a custom door that's already been meshed. ( I didn't want to put this in the recolor category, since it's not a recolor.)

Basically, I have a door that I want light to pass through such as the doors with glass do. The door in question is mainly made of glass, but no light passes through even though technically, it should. Is there any simple way to do this? I've searched all over the tutorials and found nothing.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 11:23 AM
You need to add point lights. Extract them from a door that has the light you want, import them into your package and then and add light blocks to the CRES. Here's a light tutorial by Numenor. It's really not hard - what you want to do is described in step 6. Good luck!
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 2:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
You need to add point lights. Extract them from a door that has the light you want, import them into your package and then and add light blocks to the CRES. Here's a light tutorial by Numenor. It's really not hard - what you want to do is described in step 6. Good luck!

Thank you! I looked over that tutorial but had no idea where to begin.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Feb 2020 at 7:43 AM Last edited by child_of_air : 5th Feb 2020 at 8:05 AM.
Oh boy, I read through that thread and there is so much information- and off-topic stuff. I guess I will try this, but I don't really understand how to put the lights in where it needs to go, as the tutorial references lights, but the mesh I am using doesn't have any of that.