Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th May 2016 at 11:23 PM Last edited by mdsb759 : 26th Jan 2018 at 9:55 PM.
Default problems [fixed]
posting about multiple objects and about 2 problems.

4 arches (ezeibhmra, ezeippwra, iliifa, iliima) + 2 doors (iliifd, iliimd); walls do not cut away like other arches/doors. yet sims can go through.

1 telescope (it); object error on "Stargaze" when no sim is abducted at the moment. error is "invalid constant". no error during any abduction.

edit:: the 2 doors also have another problem: only the default color shows.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  objects.zip (1.04 MB, 19 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Alchemist
Original Poster
#2 Old 12th Jun 2016 at 3:03 AM Last edited by mdsb759 : 14th Jun 2016 at 1:33 AM.
updated a number of the objects.

and there are 2 more objects with same problem.
cwoegs and hrrr; like the doors, only default color shows.

edit:: updated objects have same respective problems as before.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  objects.zip (1.14 MB, 16 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 4:58 PM Last edited by Azelanne : 18th Aug 2016 at 5:22 PM.
(Hopefully this isn't too late a reply.)

I seems to me that your packages are missing either some textures or mesh files - this probably has to do with your SimPE clone settings. You should make sure that "Create a stand-alone object" and "Pull Wallmasks" are checked, but that "Reference original Mesh" isn't checked. So I'd try to recreate one of the doors while making sure those are properly set up.

By "only the default colour shows", do you mean the object is not recolourable? Here is an explanation of how to remedy to that.
Or are you rather trying to have them take their textures from a Maxis object? Here is some info on that.

And the telescope just isn't usable by a sim for me.

I'm http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com/ on tumblr, admittedly not very active on MTS.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 1:56 AM
the color problem is fixed.

re-cloned the doors/arches in SimPE; "create a stand-alone object" & "pull wallmasks" were both checked and "reference original mesh" was unchecked on each of them.
the doors/aches still do not cut away.

am attaching the objects that still have a problem.

telescope.
could you elaborate on sims not able to use it?

by the way, it would never be too late to post.
I would post when all problems have been fixed.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  objects.zip (2.07 MB, 14 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 6:16 PM
Hum, maybe just try to clone a different set of arches and doors? I don't know what could be causing the problem otherwise.

For the telescope, there was simply no option to click. What where you trying to achieve with it?

I'm http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com/ on tumblr, admittedly not very active on MTS.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Aug 2016 at 11:24 PM
the doors/arches are fixed; re-cloned and unchecked the "fix" boxes. "create a stand-alone object", "pull wallmasks", "reference original mesh"; those were same as in previous post.

color; the problem related to the GUIDs like one of the links mentioned.

telescope; tested it several days ago. only problem in my game is the error message told about in opening post.

am attaching the telescope and a "new" object with another problem.
vm; it disappears whenever I direct sims to use it.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  objects.zip (106.7 KB, 18 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 4:07 AM
Okay, tried those out and they both gave me "Invalid Constant" errors. According to the wiki, these have to do with how a needed BCON resource is not present in the package. I feel like those might also have to do with bad cloning settings (or maybe you don't have all the required games selected in Preferences/FileTable).

What are you trying to achieve with those objects exactly? You're bound to get errors if you're just taking shots in the dark at editing stuff.

Alchemist
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 10:10 PM
sorry that it has been long.

my main purpose for both objects was to make them available to both lot types.
removed the remote control car from computer; one of my newly installed packs added it to other lot type.

which wiki?
and the page's link?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#9 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 10:48 PM
Take a look at the error log for your telescope, you want to check which BHAV is involved in the error and which line. I'll paste in one of my error logs so you can see where to find that info:

Build: 1.17.0.66
at Oct 11 2008,15:12:07

Object id: 166
name: JobData - Adult - Hacker
Stack size: 2
Error: Temporary reference out of range.
Iterations: 28
Frame 1:
Stack Object id: 213
Stack Object name: E001_User00024 - Samantha
Node: 19
Tree: id 4100 name 'Branch?' version -32753

from JobData_Business
Prim state: 0
Params: Locals: 0

Those two lines in bold tell you where the problem is occurring. In my object, the issue was in the "Branch?" BHAV, in node 19 - so the 19th line, or 0x13. In this case, line 0x13 used a temp which I had typo'd the reference to.

Figure out which line in your BHAVs is causing the problem, and you might suddenly have a facepalm moment as you realise what's wrong - or if not, post that line and the few lines around it here, and we'll take a look.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 9:49 PM
re-made the telescope; no more error messages.