Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2016 at 1:39 PM
Default Can Sims 2 Custom Wedding cake Meshes Be Converted to Sims 2 Birthday Cakes?
Hello,
I have an idea to create new birthday cake meshes, using Sims 2 custom wedding cake meshes. I want to know if it would be possible to somehow convert or clone the wedding cake meshes, so that they function as birthday cakes? The goal is to have different shaped birthday cake options in-game.
I also would like to create a basic, rectangular, "sheet cake", that can be used to celebrate non-wedding/birthday occasions, such as graduation, baby showers, bridal showers, etc. I have absolutely no idea how or where to begin to start the creation process for these ideas. Any input would be greatly appreciated. :lovestruc
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 6:07 PM
Hey,
I don't have any 'intimate' experience with creating custom birthday cakes, but since a variety of them is already available in game (from the party SP), I imagine it would be possible. You'd need to clone a birthday cake and replace its mesh and texture with that of your 'source' wedding cake.

Again, it's very likely possible to clone a cake and remove the 'have birthday' 'step' from how it works, making it immediately available to eat.

Both of these projects are likely to be tricky, tho. So you should probably start with the basics of object creations before you move to that.

I'm http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com/ on tumblr, admittedly not very active on MTS.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 7:35 PM
Hello Azelanne!
Thank you for your input! I have tried some meshing tutorials but they were for clothing. Its hard to find a comprehensive tutorial on creating/re-meshing foods. I have a long way to go before I can attempt such a project but I wanted to know if my idea is possible.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 10:44 PM
Wedding and birthday cakes take more from regular objects than they do cooked foods, so that is probably what you should look into. The objects tutorials on this site are old, but the information is still valid as far as I can recall.

I'm http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com/ on tumblr, admittedly not very active on MTS.