Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

2018 Calendar Contest Winners - posted on 10th Jan 2018 at 5:38 PM
Replies: 34 (Who?), Viewed: 1279 times.
Page 2 of 2
Mad Poster
#26 Old Yesterday at 4:12 PM
That's awful. I don't understand, though. I thought the heparin was supposed to get rid of the blood clot. Is it not working?
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old Yesterday at 4:32 PM
From what I've gathered from these updates, the heparin isn't as effective for her because of the location of her clot.
Mad Poster
#28 Old Yesterday at 5:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omglo
Hopefully I'll be forgiven for double posting this time. I didn't want my massage to be confused with the report on Sunni. I don't know her, but she, Stas and the rest of her loved ones are in my thoughts. I'm wishing you all strength.

Thank you for posting the information.

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Theorist
#29 Old Yesterday at 6:37 PM
For those having a problem, I also have gotten the sign in page occasionally, but I just hit the board index button without signing in, since the sign in didn't work awhile ago.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Scholar
#30 Old Yesterday at 8:12 PM
Yeah, they mentioned they were having registration/log-in issues.

As for the deal with the heprin, they said that the heprin is stopping the clot/clots from getting bigger or moving further into the bloodways it's currently jammed in, but the clot/clots are to large/thick for it to break up, and because it's at an inoperable spot, they can't get the clot removed one way or another, and clot removal/break-up is what needs to happen to help cure her, basically.
Mad Poster
#31 Old Yesterday at 8:44 PM
If she weren't having all these other problems, would the clot eventually just be reabsorbed?

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old Today at 1:49 AM
For those who still can't get in, there's a new report posted by Rugrat0ne:

Update from Stas this morning, based on the nurse's report, January 16th, 2018, 9:01 am -
Quote:
Twice last night her heart rate went down from ~60s to 30. She was given Atropine both times. They are bringing her temperature up to 34C to help her heart.

They attempted to perform another cat scan, however they could not go through with it, because she was unable to lay flat long enough even for 10 min of the CT, because the oxygen saturation in her blood started rapidly dropping from 99 to 80%.

haven't seen the doctor yet
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#33 Old Today at 5:46 AM
Here's the last post that was put on the thread:

rugrat0ne

Summary of doctor's conference, posted January 16th, 2018, 6:49 pm:

Quote:
Unfortunately, the doctor feels that they have crossed the point where the treatments they are giving her are having very little effect, and are, rather, treating things just to treat things.

They have reached the maximum limit on the saline treatments and on one other medication already, so those can no longer be used effectively at all.

Pupil reactivity has continued to drop, meaning there is increasing damage to the brain, possibly even the brain stem, itself. If that degrades completely, there will be no one for them to save.

There is nothing more they can do for her, surgically, with medications, with treatments like the cold wraps, or any experimental or radical treatment.

At best, if a miracle should occur (and the doctor does use the word "miracle" as what is needed), and she should wake up, she would have significant disability and very poor quality of life. She might need to spend the rest of her days in the hospital.

Stas is not ready to let Sunni go, yet, (understandably) but we're reaching the point where her heart may give out on its own, or some other "point of no return" may be reached. Please send him your love and support in our thread for that, here. He's going to need it.

I would suggest everyone please do send a message to him-he needs all the support he can get right now. It's a terrible ordeal he's been going through and I'm pretty sure he will appreciate it.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
staff: moderator
#34 Old Today at 6:08 AM
(I accidentally logged out of PBK and can't log in again...)

Life isn't about how long you live, but how well you live. As terrible as this may sound, if there's nothing more they can do for Sunni - then there is already no one left for them to save.
Mad Poster
#35 Old Today at 6:23 AM
I'm so sorry. I wish there was something we could do.
Page 2 of 2