Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#11726 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Does it make a difference If a sim is eating on a chair but without a table or a clutter that prevents a meal to be put down? Like in comfort or whatever?

If your sim is exhausted they can't fall asleep in their food, so there's that benefit. Possibly lifesaving for pregnant moms or dads of twin toddlers!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#11727 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 9:51 PM
True. I always use that to my advantage.
Mad Poster
#11728 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by blackivy
To answer my own stupid question, the culprit turned out to be the Reading Skills mod by Simlogical. Apparently, skilling from a bookcase counts as reading and sims would skill while they skill.

What else would have you expect? :D
Mad Poster
#11729 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 2:37 AM
@lordtyger9

It looks like you've downloaded some piece of defective gym clothing for teen males. Open CAS and create a teen male. Then dress him in every teen male gym outfit until you find one that looks like that. If you can identify the outfit that's causing the trouble, then removing it from your downloads folder should force the game to re-dress him in a Maxis outfit (or possibly a townified CC outfit). I notice that the Sim's lower body is showing properly and only the upper body is transparent. This suggests that it might be a CC separates outfit also made available for gym clothes using a technique described by Almghty Hat here. In that case the offending item won't show up in CAS or Body Shop under Gym Clothes (Athletic Wear) and you'll have to try all the teen male Everyday separate tops till you find the right one. In either case, the item responsible for this glitch is likely to show in CAS with a full body nude thumbnail.

I recently had a similar problem with some toddler outfits from Simphany.com (which is still one of my favourite sites!). These were incorrectly classified as being both for toddlers and children, and when children were assigned these outfits they appeared transparent like your picture, and had nude thumbnails in CAS. I was able to fix them in CAS, using that tutorial by Almighty Hat.

Another possibility is that the item uses a Maxis mesh from an EP (or SP) you don't have. I recall you use a Mac, so you won't have FreeTime, Apartment Life or Mansions and Gardens. May I also ask if your teen is by any chance a downloaded Sim? I had one such Sim which another member kindly extracted for me. She had a hairstyle from Seasons (which I don't have) and appeared for me with a hole in her head instead of hair. I was unable to change her hair in Body Shop, and the only way I could get her into my game was to copy her face (to the best of my ability) to a new Sim.

You'll be at a bit of a disadvantage compared to me on a Mac. I use SimPE, Wardrobe Wrangler and a utility by CatofEvilGenius which can add filenames to tooltips, and I don't think equivalents for these exist for the Mac. Good Luck identifying the culprit! If you do succeed in finding it, just removing it from your Downloads folder should force your Sim to wear another outfit. If you can identify the outfit responsible, I might be able to fix it for you in SimPE if you send it to me.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Scholar
#11730 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 2:48 AM
Can't you delete CC in CAS when you find it?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11731 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 2:55 AM
You can. It tends to be slow. It won't remove defaults and don't try and remove defaults that way or you may delete the maxis outfit.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#11732 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 3:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
@lordtyger9

It looks like you've downloaded some piece of defective gym clothing for teen males. Open CAS and create a teen male. Then dress him in every teen male gym outfit until you find one that looks like that. If you can identify the outfit that's causing the trouble, then removing it from your downloads folder should force the game to re-dress him in a Maxis outfit (or possibly a townified CC outfit). I notice that the Sim's lower body is showing properly and only the upper body is transparent. This suggests that it might be a CC separates outfit also made available for gym clothes using a technique described by Almghty Hat here. In that case the offending item won't show up in CAS or Body Shop under Gym Clothes (Athletic Wear) and you'll have to try all the teen male Everyday separate tops till you find the right one. In either case, the item responsible for this glitch is likely to show in CAS with a full body nude thumbnail.

I recently had a similar problem with some toddler outfits from Simphany.com (which is still one of my favourite sites!). These were incorrectly classified as being both for toddlers and children, and when children were assigned these outfits they appeared transparent like your picture, and had nude thumbnails in CAS. I was able to fix them in CAS, using that tutorial by Almighty Hat.

Another possibility is that the item uses a Maxis mesh from an EP (or SP) you don't have. I recall you use a Mac, so you won't have FreeTime, Apartment Life or Mansions and Gardens. May I also ask if your teen is by any chance a downloaded Sim? I had one such Sim which another member kindly extracted for me. She had a hairstyle from Seasons (which I don't have) and appeared for me with a hole in her head instead of hair. I was unable to change her hair in Body Shop, and the only way I could get her into my game was to copy her face (to the best of my ability) to a new Sim.

You'll be at a bit of a disadvantage compared to me on a Mac. I use SimPE, Wardrobe Wrangler and a utility by CatofEvilGenius which can add filenames to tooltips, and I don't think equivalents for these exist for the Mac. Good Luck identifying the culprit! If you do succeed in finding it, just removing it from your Downloads folder should force your Sim to wear another outfit. If you can identify the outfit responsible, I might be able to fix it for you in SimPE if you send it to me.

Sim is born in game. I don't download Sims as they are too likely to be not compatiable with my Game and I not motivated enough to find the few that are compatiable. I do certainly Download clothes though. I will set about using CAS and creating a Teen Male and then going through the Gym Clothes.

@AndrewGloria Thanks very much for the info and your intructions on how to track down the offending item.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#11733 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 4:01 AM
uyh8juhyyyyyyyyyykjojhkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#11734 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 4:28 AM
Are you okay, ihate?
Mad Poster
#11735 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 4:35 AM
Mad Poster
#11736 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 4:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Are you feeling ok?
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
Sim is born in game. I don't download Sims as they are too likely to be not compatiable with my Game and I not motivated enough to find the few that are compatiable. I do certainly Download clothes though. I will set about using CAS and creating a Teen Male and then going through the Gym Clothes.

AndrewGloria Thanks very much for the info and your intructions on how to track down the offending item.
Another possibility, and a very likely one when I think about it, is that the camouflage trousers the Sim is wearing ('are they long shorts or short longs?' as we used to say when I was at school) have been made available as Athletic in the way that Almighty Hat describes, and townified, but you don't have any similarly treated top. If that is the case, and you can't use SimPE yourself, I could make a similarly treated top for you, or remove the Athletic possibility from the trousers. (Or de-townify them.)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#11737 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 9:21 AM Last edited by ihatemandatoryregister : 18th Jan 2018 at 9:50 AM.

I faceplanted on the keyboard. I'm fine. (So is the keyboard.)

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11738 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 11:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alljoj
Can't you delete CC in CAS when you find it?

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You can. It tends to be slow. It won't remove defaults and don't try and remove defaults that way or you may delete the maxis outfit.

And if it uses a custom mesh, you can orphan the mesh that way. You need to watch that.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#11739 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 3:00 PM
I faceplanted on the keyboard. I'm fine. (So is the keyboard.)

Typing like that from me is usually the result of my cat saying hello. XD
Mad Poster
Mad Poster
#11741 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 3:32 PM
How many simmers are cat owners (irl obviously)?
Link Ninja
#11742 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 3:37 PM
My cat does this when I leave chat boxes open. It's harder to leave a forum comment on the account you have to click the submit button.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#11743 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 3:44 PM Last edited by Orilon : 18th Jan 2018 at 3:55 PM.
I have a cat in real life. My current cat doesn't jump on the keyboard, but my previous one (the one in my avatar) did quite frequently. She often would leave strange strings of letters and numbers like what ihate posted earlier. I usually caught it and erased it, but there were a few times it got through when I was using yahoo messenger with my friends.
Mad Poster
#11744 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 4:12 PM
Two cats have me

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#11745 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 4:14 PM
I'm not a cat owner. I'm owned by cats.

Top Secret Researcher
#11746 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 4:51 PM
2 cats own me as well

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#11747 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 5:05 PM
You know, that would be a great idea for a tired mod, @ihatemandatoryregister Use the animation from falling asleep in the plate of food and apply it to sims with the same energy level at the computer. Perfect for that teen sim who's always sneaking off to game on the computer at bed time! (Or is that the teen human . . . I'm confused!)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Lab Assistant
#11748 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
You know, that would be a great idea for a tired mod, @ihatemandatoryregister Use the animation from falling asleep in the plate of food and apply it to sims with the same energy level at the computer. Perfect for that teen sim who's always sneaking off to game on the computer at bed time! (Or is that the teen human . . . I'm confused!)

This seems a much better idea than food nap, honestly! I've never known anyone to fall asleep in a plate of food no matter how tired, but I've known several people (myself included) who have fallen asleep at the computer. Especially in college. Very often in college. Which makes me think I'd like to see that animation with "write term paper" or "do assignment." I'd get a nostalgic chuckle out of that.
Mad Poster
#11749 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 6:14 PM
I think the overlap between simmers and cat people would be considerable, given how similar the relationships we have to these species are. Sims are independent and cantankerous, but need our assistance in order to live long fulfilling lives, like cats. (Average lifespan of feral cats is two years! I have a 17-year-old one napping on the DVR box right now, and this is not the oldest cat I've had.) They annoy us, but we love them with a fervor that's difficult for non-simmers and non-cat-people to understand. They glare at us when we try to influence their behavior in ways they don't feel like behaving.

And if none of your cats has ever not quite made it to the litterbox - you're lying.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#11750 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 6:41 PM
@lordtyger9, I realize this might be a little late, but did you see if there was another tab to select? This happened to me too, after I downloaded some cc that made separates available for categories that don't usually have them. I was in a panic when I realized that there was an option to click full body outfits when planning an outfit, just like when you buy clothes for everyday. Once I clicked that, all my regular outfits for that category appeared again. Did you make sure that option isn't there? And what about when other members of the household plan an outfit? If you say they have gym wear, then the full body outfit shows up automatically (cuz that's what they're wearing), but there should be an option to check tops and bottoms, too (which would be empty, cuz you didn't buy any).

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Page 470 of 1339