Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#15601 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keyneky
I'm just going to commiserate with you on the 5 kids for gen 1. I had single parent for my roll and it was SO HARD. They were seriously struggling to pay the bills for a very long time.

Omg so true! I'm having so many problems now because I have to up her nerd influence aka no job. And she has to have 5 children, aka no job for majority of young adulthood. =_= Plus her man is useless when it comes to money I don't even have money to buy beds for the kids.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#15602 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 7:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tysika
Omg so true! I'm having so many problems now because I have to up her nerd influence aka no job. And she has to have 5 children, aka no job for majority of young adulthood. =_= Plus her man is useless when it comes to money I don't even have money to buy beds for the kids.

That's INSANE. I rolled for all ten generations and didn't get five kids once. >_>;

Bread edges.... are the new white meat.
READ the Sparrows Random Legacy Challenge Blog
READ the Sparrows WISHACY Challenge Blog
WATCH the Test of Time Challenge Let's Play! Videos
Field Researcher
#15603 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 4:42 PM
Welcome to the challenge, tysika! And ooh, that's a fun roll. I personally love the 5 kids roll. <3 I completely understand your money woes. XD Just a question, does your mixologist make any money at all, even when he moonlights?

To everybody else: I'm still here! I've been incredibly busy what with moving and starting my new job and everything. I don't really have internet yet (I'm typing this on my phone), so there probably won't be a Marquel update soon. :/ I'm using most of my data just trying to stay caught up. XD

Call me Ann, or ConDre/condre.

_~...~_
Test Subject
#15604 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 5:23 PM
I reckon I dodged a bullet with my rolls - I have a massive family for gen one too (full house + three kids, plus pets because I can't live without animals in my household) but at least I have four working adults to bring in money to pay for all of this. My main concern is fitting everyone into a starter house before I can gather up the cash to expand lmao.
Five kids with just one or two adults sounds like a pain, though.

Speaking of my rolls...
1-0 // Introduction
Field Researcher
#15606 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 6:19 PM
So this will be the only time I'll be posting about this blog (non RLC)

My asylum challenge featuring Guy Winterly is up!

Chapter 1: Introductions
Field Researcher
#15607 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 6:25 PM Last edited by Frogsnack : 11th Jan 2018 at 6:36 PM.
I'm really excited for the new stories to read, Tysika and FirelightKnight! Hilarious that there are opposite situations with starter finances lol.

And here's something from the Sparrows!
Edit: Marcy - Guy Winterly!! YAY!! I hope he gets out....! And it's too bad you couldn't just send him to Foster's Home for Imaginary friends.

1.20 Jet and Exes
Screenshots

Field Researcher
#15608 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ConvictedDreamer
Welcome to the challenge, tysika! And ooh, that's a fun roll. I personally love the 5 kids roll. <3 I completely understand your money woes. XD Just a question, does your mixologist make any money at all, even when he moonlights?

To everybody else: I'm still here! I've been incredibly busy what with moving and starting my new job and everything. I don't really have internet yet (I'm typing this on my phone), so there probably won't be a Marquel update soon. :/ I'm using most of my data just trying to stay caught up. XD

My sim doesn't have money for a bar yet, and her kids keep her too busy to practice mixology. But in experience my sims do earn money but very little, something like $3-5 per order, and sometimes nothing if there's no one in the bar lol.

I hope everything goes well with your moving and new job. Must be hard settling in a new place, hope your internet goes up soon

@Firelight
Yay a fellow new starter. You have such interesting characters for the adults too. I envy your roll lol... Let us trade! XD

I'm having some problems with my save. Idk why but starlight shores keeps freezing up for me. It was butter smooth before and now suddenly it's acting up. I might move the legacy family if I can't fix the problem, I'm not giving up.

Added 1.1 :D
Test Subject
#15609 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 9:07 PM
@tsyika Oooh, since youre starting at the same time as I am that means it'll be a lot easier for me to start reading your legacy - no catchup to do. I'll be followin it : )

Hey, regarding kids - do all/any of the kids have to be my heir's? Like, can my extra helpers have kids and leave my founder as the cool uncle instead of my founder having three kids? He'd still have an active role in raising the kids, he just wouldn't be the father, biologically or otherwise.
Scholar
Original Poster
#15610 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FirelightKnight
Hey, regarding kids - do all/any of the kids have to be my heir's? Like, can my extra helpers have kids and leave my founder as the cool uncle instead of my founder having three kids? He'd still have an active role in raising the kids, he just wouldn't be the father, biologically or otherwise.

The # of kids you roll will be the number of kids the household collectively rears to adulthood during that generation. So yes, your heir's housemates' children count if they live in the household, and you can even make one of them the next heir if you want to.

I like my heirs to be the genetic offspring of the previous heir, but that's just because I like to look at the family trees.
Test Subject
#15611 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 10:28 PM
Alright, thank you!
I'm going to be keeping an up-to-date family tree on an external site anyway, so it's not a problem for me to not have genetic heirs anyway.
Test Subject
#15612 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 10:49 PM Last edited by Ekmidenisi : 11th Jan 2018 at 11:14 PM.
My next chapter is up! I am trying very hard not to play so I can catch my story up to where my game is! 19 chapters left to write and I will finally be caught up!

Chapter 1.12 Growing So Fast
Test Subject
#15613 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 1:22 AM Last edited by FirelightKnight : 12th Jan 2018 at 4:00 AM.
Annnnd first chapter!

1-1 // Settling

in the next update, i will suddenly remember what my misc fun roll was and actually start playing with it.
oops.
Field Researcher
#15614 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 5:09 AM
I'm having some problems with my save. Idk why but starlight shores keeps freezing up for me. It was butter smooth before and now suddenly it's acting up. I might move the legacy family if I can't fix the problem, I'm not giving up.

Hey so apparently Starlight has a few roads that aren't connected properly which results in hundreds of stranded invisible cars every day. NRAAS MasterController helps with that, as well as resetting the town from time to time or using the "resetsim *" cheat string.
Don't forget to take your active home off of 'reset all' in the mastercontroller options however, so that you can keep all your paintings and photographs. But I've been in that town for essentially a generation ad I've had sim nights where 22,000 vehicles get removed, it's insane. I also have that annoying imaginary friend corrupting things but that's a different matter... >_> *glares darkly*
But anyway! It can be done. just reset things from time to time or use savecleaner if you have to. ...does any of that help?

Test Subject
#15615 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 8:33 AM

I believe that you are allowedto use master controller and other mods to remove the maternity leave and other days off work (eg after marriage)
Field Researcher
#15616 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 3:37 PM
Whoops, I completely missed that there's another person joining the challenge. Welcome, FirelightKnight!

@tysika: The reason I asked about the moonlighting is because I know there's been some issues with Mixologists not receiving any money while moonlighting (even though the notice saying 'so-and-so earned x simoleons moonlighting' appears) so I thought I'd give you a heads up. It might be a NRaas thing, so if you play with those mods (which I highly recommend!), you might want to make sure they're updated to the newest versions.

Call me Ann, or ConDre/condre.

_~...~_
Test Subject
#15617 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 11:01 PM
a somewhat late thanks to all the welcomes i've recieved - thanks. I appreciate it. ive been gone for a while but its nice to know you're glad to have me back.

but my laptop hates me. it really really hates me. my charger just died for the third time in like two months and i have to replace it again which means i have to stop playing until i can get a new one or convince my brother to let me borrow his
//loud screeching ive had this thing for like a weEK FOR GOODNESS SAKE
for now, i guess i'll just be playing catchup on mobile. sorry to anyone who was looking forward to my legacy, you're gonna have to wait
Lab Assistant
#15618 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 12:19 PM
New chapter: 5.11 Tasting the salt
Scholar
#15619 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 12:24 PM
Test Subject
#15620 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 3:52 PM Last edited by Ekmidenisi : 13th Jan 2018 at 4:35 PM.
It is so difficult taking a break from playing, I really want to get on with the challenge, but want to catch my story up!

Chapter 1.13 - Responsibility

Edit: is this mod ok to use? http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=520400
Scholar
Original Poster
#15621 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ekmidenisi
It is so difficult taking a break from playing, I really want to get on with the challenge, but want to catch my story up!

Chapter 1.13 - Responsibility

Edit: is this mod ok to use? http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=520400

We allow occult sims, so I'd say sure, that mod is allowed if you want to use it.
Field Researcher
#15622 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 7:45 PM
Woo all my money problems have now been solved because of a very generous friend lol. All this time she never checked her mailbox...
Scholar
Original Poster
#15623 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 1:55 AM
Goldbeard RLC Chapter 118: Time Dilation is posted.

Mature content warning, I guess.
Space Pony
#15624 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 2:04 AM
1.4 - Snowflake Day

Update. I'm currently waiting on a pizza delivery, so figured why not? I have another two chapters sitting in my drafts waiting for words, and I think one more of just pictures that I haven't added to blogger yet then I'll be caught up to in game. Mostly. However, since I'm about to open the game, that will change.

My Sims 4 Random Legacy can be found here.
My simblr .
Test Subject
#15625 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 3:34 AM
After playing for some generations and having a lot of fun, I decided to start a new game. This time I'm going to blog it. So here's the first chapter.

1.1 The First Days
Page 625 of 676