Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#15576 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 9:20 PM
Hi all, I have another question. I rolled living green for the second generation, can brooms replace bicycles? And what about using the subway? I'm not sure if it's ok or not. Thanks in advance
Advertisement
Instructor
#15577 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 1:07 AM
The spirit of living green is to make sure your sim has a minimal carbon footprint. So I'd say brooms are fine, since they probably don't create any pollutants. Carpooling is okay according to the rules, and so I would consider public transport (the subway) acceptable as well.

Field Researcher
#15578 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 1:54 PM Last edited by Marcy : 4th Jan 2018 at 2:43 PM.
Space Pony
#15579 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 4:44 PM
1.3 - Children!
Update.

My Sims 4 Random Legacy can be found here.
My simblr .
Lab Assistant
#15580 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 6:39 PM
Just to let you guys know in advance that I'm not dead: I'll be away for most of January. I'll definitely read updates and attempt to comment, but the last time I tried signing in to blogger from a different location, google threw a hissy fit. So we'll see. Have a good month, lovely people! <3
Field Researcher
#15581 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 10:39 PM
Melynx I hope your January goes great!

I have an update: 9.1 "Chipmunk Rescuer"
The start of my 9th gen!
Field Researcher
#15582 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 12:34 PM
Update!

2.39 Arrival
Scholar
Original Poster
#15583 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 10:10 PM
Goldbeard RLC Chapter 117: Fight Me is posted.

Fair warning, it runs a bit long.

@heatherfeather19 - Grats on gen9!

@melynx - I will miss the Dutiels! Have a happy January!
Field Researcher
#15584 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 7:14 AM
Arghh I want to try this but I'm so used to rotational play. Uggh but it looks so fun.
Scholar
Original Poster
#15585 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 7:26 AM
Give it a shot! It's super addictive! >=D
Scholar
#15586 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 10:12 AM
I have another update, Chapter 2.16
Test Subject
#15587 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 5:49 PM
HECK so it's me again.

I remember asking like aaages ago what I should do about the Attaways since it had been so long since I'd updated, and at one point I decided to continue their legacy since I was attached to the characters.
Well. My laptop hates me. Long story short I kept having issues with it and by the time I resolved the problems most of my Sims saves were toast.
Including the Attaways. If anyone's interested, I have an Imgur album here with the more interesting screenshots I have leftover here.

But damnit I took up a challenge and I'm going to complete it. Which means I'm starting a new legacy like, as soon as I post this.
I'm not going to bother with heavy storytelling, I'm just going to have fun. Sims is fun. Sims do funny things. I'm going to focus on that. And then after I finish, I have plans for what to do with the characters of the tenth generation :0
Field Researcher
#15588 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 6:28 PM
Field Researcher
Test Subject
#15590 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 1:34 AM
Update!
Chapter 1.10 - Breaking the News
This one was even harder to write than the last one
Instructor
#15591 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 7:16 AM
@melynx --thanks for letting us know! I have a tendency to worry about absent RLCers. <3

@FirelightKnight -- so good to see you around again! I'm looking forward to your new legacy. (:

Anyway, I have a new chapter:
2.23. Aconitum

I was supposed to post it literally a week ago, but Things Happened. XD Luckily I have a planned, untainted block of free time tomorrow that I'm going to use to read ya'lls chapters. <3

Lab Assistant
#15592 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 10:18 AM
I'm late with my update because I had a bad migraine episode over the weekend and now I have to do all the real life stuff I had actually planned for the last days, ugh.
Buuut I finally bought IP and ITF a couple of days ago so my game is complete and my wallet is empty. So now that I got to test some of the new stuff I have a suggestion + some questions.

Quote:
(4) you may invest in rabbithole businesses and other venues for income [including Island Paradise resorts as well as restaurants built with the Premium Content bistro set]

This has been suggested before but I would definitely add Resort Manager as a career roll instead of treating them like other rabbitholes. I mean, come on, we even have a dumpster diving career It's more complex and interesting than investing in rabbitholes and you can make good profit with it (and daily!) so I would remove it from the general rule quoted above.
I don't know why it isn't a career yet but if the reason for this decision was that you need some funds to get started with it then I would simply allow a reroll if rolled for generation 1.

Some questions:
1. How come Astronomer can be rolled for income but the Bot Arena career cannot?
2. If I ever roll inventor/bot builder would it be okay to build an entire army of plumbots or should there be a limit because of their cheatiness with some trait chips?
3. Can a plumbot with the "sentience" trait chip (lvl 10 bot building) be treated like a normal sim for family structure rolls, e.g. as helper, spouse, or even child of the creator? Or - crazy idea - could they even be chosen as heir if you don't mind not being able to have biological children?

/edit (almost forgot)
@FirelightKnight Yay, welcome back Don't worry, you're not the only one who had to start over. I'm at the beginning of a new legacy too because my old computer died and my save file (and screenshots, unfortunately) with it.
Scholar
Original Poster
#15593 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 5:35 PM
I don't know much about resorts, but if it requires a substantial amount of cash to get started, that could be a hindrance to any generation, not just generation 1. Depending on a sims' parents' lifestyle, they may not inherit a lot of simoleons. You could always add it to your personal rolls.

Other questions:
1. Bot Arena goes along with Bot Builder/Inventor.
2. The rules only limit you to how many your sim can build. Go nuts.
3. Plumbots are supposed to be like simbots and moved out when the next generation takes over, but if you really want one as heir, I think it's a fine idea.
Field Researcher
#15594 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 6:24 PM
Another update!

2.41 Meeting
Test Subject
#15595 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 8:02 PM
I just want to comment that I have started reading the stories, they are all very interesting (and helpful too). I have a lot to catch up. Good work
Field Researcher
#15596 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 8:13 PM
Another update!

2.42 Promoted
Test Subject
#15597 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 9:34 PM
New update, more cheerful than before!

Chapter 1.11 - Concerns
Field Researcher
#15598 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 1:34 AM
Here's my roll.

Marital Status: Couple
Number of Children: 5 Children
Primary Career: Video Game Designer (Engineer)
Secondary Career: Mixologist
Generational Goal: Hobby, or Obsession?
Miscellaneous Fun: Opposites Attract/Perfect Match

I've been reading a lot of the recent updates and they are all great storylines. I'm not so good at writing, so my legacy will be light hearted gameplay shots and some hopefully entertaining captions.
I've just started the Orangee Legacy 1.0
Lab Assistant
#15599 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 2:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tysika
Here's my roll.

Marital Status: Couple
Number of Children: 5 Children
Primary Career: Video Game Designer (Engineer)
Secondary Career: Mixologist
Generational Goal: Hobby, or Obsession?
Miscellaneous Fun: Opposites Attract/Perfect Match

I've been reading a lot of the recent updates and they are all great storylines. I'm not so good at writing, so my legacy will be light hearted gameplay shots and some hopefully entertaining captions.
I've just started the Orangee Legacy 1.0

I'm just going to commiserate with you on the 5 kids for gen 1. I had single parent for my roll and it was SO HARD. They were seriously struggling to pay the bills for a very long time.

~*Keyneky*~

-Also, I can kill you with my brain.-
Field Researcher
#15600 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FirelightKnight
I'm not going to bother with heavy storytelling, I'm just going to have fun. Sims is fun. Sims do funny things. I'm going to focus on that. And then after I finish, I have plans for what to do with the characters of the tenth generation :0

That's what I do, and honestly it's great to just play and include silly things because it's Sims and not everything makes sense. I do want to get more into storytelling, but I really want to finish this challenge first because (for the most part) I have a one track mind when it comes to Sims.

@tysika Oooh, I love the video game career! And I wonder if you can make mixologist work. Welcome to the challenge!
Page 624 of 676