Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Dec 2011 at 4:50 PM Last edited by Frappacino : 28th Dec 2011 at 2:40 AM. Reason: V2
Default Village Shop Tweaks
Village Shop Tweaks (P&N)
  • Increase items quantity sold to 50
  • Added Doomsword Hilt
  • Added Doomsword Blade
  • Added Mystical Fragments
  • Added Unicorn Horn
  • Added Arcane Edge

Changelog:
V2 (27th Dec 2011)
  • Added Angelweed
  • Added Mithral
  • Added Mana Stone
  • Added Wildflowers
  • Various items available earlier

Notes:
Made for Sims Medieval Pirates & Nobles (2.0.113). Check out Carrigon's "Shop in Bulk Medieval" if you don't have Pirates and Nobles installed.
Only install one shopping mod.
Please do back up your save first, in-case something goes wrong.

If you need something else added up, do let me know, I will see what I can do.

Credit
Credit to Carrigon as I used his/her/their shopping hack mod as resource. Created this while he/she/they update the shopping mod for P&N.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Village_Shop_Tweak_PN.rar (24.9 KB, 3817 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Village_Shop_Tweak_PN_V2.rar (25.0 KB, 13741 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 27th Dec 2011 at 4:39 AM
thank you! this is awesome!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Dec 2011 at 9:50 AM
Updated to v2 with slightly more items.
#4 Old 27th Dec 2011 at 3:31 PM
this ruins all the fun of getting 'em :-/
Test Subject
#5 Old 27th Dec 2011 at 4:46 PM
Then don't use the mod. Those of us who have been playing the game a while and are tired of spending half a sims day every day gathering, or visiting the market every single day for 1-2 of an item when we need quite a bit more than that... or any of the other reasons why we would want this mod, will use it with a smile. There's a certain point where you want to focus on other aspects of the game and mods like this help us do that.
#6 Old 27th Dec 2011 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Destynova99
Then don't use the mod. Those of us who have been playing the game a while and are tired of spending half a sims day every day gathering, or visiting the market every single day for 1-2 of an item when we need quite a bit more than that... or any of the other reasons why we would want this mod, will use it with a smile. There's a certain point where you want to focus on other aspects of the game and mods like this help us do that.

tsm has other aspects? when did this happen...
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 27th Dec 2011 at 6:27 PM
Thanks so much for the new Mod! My game play time is more limited at the moment and I don't have time to waste running around from place to place looking, waiting, or trying to get stuff. This will help the way I play, a lot.

Will this conflict with Grim's Core?

I like playing The Sims. I don't like to be played like a Sim.
Test Subject
#8 Old 27th Dec 2011 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ladyskye
Thanks so much for the new Mod! My game play time is more limited at the moment and I don't have time to waste running around from place to place looking, waiting, or trying to get stuff. This will help the way I play, a lot.

Will this conflict with Grim's Core?

I'm using both this mod and Grim's core and haven't run into any problems.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 27th Dec 2011 at 7:41 PM
I'm using both this mod and Grim's core and haven't run into any problems.

Thanks, I'll install it the next time I get a chance to play.

Test Subject
#10 Old 27th Dec 2011 at 10:36 PM
sorry, im not sure if i understand fully, but does this mod work without P&N? at the moment, i dont have P&N. thanks
Instructor
#11 Old 27th Dec 2011 at 11:22 PM
if you don't have p&N I would suggest using carrigon's shopping hack mod.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 28th Dec 2011 at 2:27 AM
That's correct, this is made for P&N and compatible with Grim's Core Mod.
Test Subject
#13 Old 28th Dec 2011 at 9:56 AM
thank you for the clarification guy
Test Subject
#14 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 1:35 AM

Oh, God, second. Sure, there are some times when I'd want to do it the old way, but trailing around going to the few places where angelweed grows gets old.
Test Subject
#15 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 6:32 AM
Why it's not work on my sims medieval ?
i move that folder in c:\program files\electronic arts\the sims medieval\game\bin\mods\packages
Instructor
#16 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 6:54 AM
i don't think your mods folder needs t obe in the bin, just put in the c:\program files\electronic arts\the sims medieval folder.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 7:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arv1Manch
Why it's not work on my sims medieval ?
i move that folder in c:\program files\electronic arts\the sims medieval\game\bin\mods\packages

Darth is right. You have your mods folder in the wrong place. Only the .dll file goes in the bin. You have to move your Mods folder to The Sims Medieval folder.

Test Subject
#18 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 9:04 AM
Thanks for the advice
Test Subject
#19 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 5:55 AM
Default V1 works great, V2, however...
I can't seem to get version 2 to work. Both mods are in the proper folder and I can see version 1 modifications just fine. Why would one work but the other not?

For info purposes, I tried using just version 2 first, then thought I had to have version 1 also, downloaded that and placed it in the mods folder. But I'm not seeing the 50 mana stones in the shop or anything else. I put version 1 in and it's working fine. I'm not sure at all what I'm doing wrong.
Instructor
#20 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 8:45 AM
you should only use one village mod at a time. . .
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sparrowsim
I can't seem to get version 2 to work. Both mods are in the proper folder and I can see version 1 modifications just fine. Why would one work but the other not?

For info purposes, I tried using just version 2 first, then thought I had to have version 1 also, downloaded that and placed it in the mods folder. But I'm not seeing the 50 mana stones in the shop or anything else. I put version 1 in and it's working fine. I'm not sure at all what I'm doing wrong.

So, have you tried to wait for the village shoppe reset? Which is 3 am.
Test Subject
#22 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Frappacino
So, have you tried to wait for the village shoppe reset? Which is 3 am.

Er, yes. I put the mod in and have been playing through several sim-days. Also, in regards to the "use one mod at a time" solution, I tried using the V2 mod by itself FIRST without the original mod and it never worked for me. I added the original V1 mod and it's working fine. V2 is doing nothing and that's what I need answers for.
Test Subject
#23 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 1:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sparrowsim
Er, yes. I put the mod in and have been playing through several sim-days. Also, in regards to the "use one mod at a time" solution, I tried using the V2 mod by itself FIRST without the original mod and it never worked for me. I added the original V1 mod and it's working fine. V2 is doing nothing and that's what I need answers for.

Do you have any other mod that are related to market mod for example ShimrodsTSMMarketStallMoreItemsVer3.package mod? this mod will conflict with the Village_Shop_Tweak_PN_V2.package mod.
Test Subject
#24 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 7:10 AM
Could you add Lute of the Watcher to the list when you get the chance? And/or Heavy Metal Lute? Sent my bard from my latest kingdom to the shop and the best lute available was the Masterwork lute which bummed me out. Thanks!
Test Subject
#25 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 1:22 AM
when i download the file it is a notepad will the mod still work
Page 1 of 4