Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 11:07 PM Last edited by violetea : 28th Apr 2018 at 4:49 AM.
Default TS3 Building "Trims" {Colonial Style Architecture}
Sadly I don't know the correct term for these details that are a distinctive feature of a typical Colonial style building.

I love the way it gives the building dimension, & Colonial is the style I am trying to go for, so I feel like it's a detail I cannot do without.

Please can anyone shed some light on whether this is possible to incorporate into a build; if there are any tutorials, or custom content. I don't need anything fancy. It just needs to have that very simple "trim" & "brackets" to give that much needed authentic touch & dimension to a Colonial style house.

Thank you so so very much in advance for any help that can be given!

Reference:

Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 4:34 AM
The best way for us to help would be for you to post a picture of what you are looking for. There are many techniques and lots of cc available, once we narrow down what you are looking for.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 4:53 AM
Thank you, Attuned I've updated my initial post to include a reference picture. To the far left side, the trims {heavy, medium & light} have been outlined. Hopefully this helps! As for the heavier trim {found at the far top of the building} I've named the detailing "brackets" as not quite sure what else to call them XD
dodgy builder
#4 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 11:54 AM
I would say this belongs in wcif or "where can I find". It's a subforum at the top of the main discussion forum for sims 3.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 4:22 PM
I do not think there is a way to do this in 3, but if someone knows, let us know.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st May 2018 at 8:28 AM
Okay! After much investigating, I discovered this is actually very possible to do in TS3 - all I needed was to find out the correct name for the main part I was describing XD that part is the "cornice" so if you search for this, many creators have made them, & can be found everywhere.

Thank you so much for the input, guys.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 2nd May 2018 at 12:43 AM
I am glad you found things you can use. I was thinking in terms of the Victorian Cornices that are placed above the walls on the roofs not trim on walls. If you have found some that can be applied to walls that is great, and in a Georgian/Colonial style rather than Victorian. Post links and pics when you can.

It has been so long I cannot remember, but Awesims had some but I think they were on roof. I may be totally wrong about that. I see that these were done.

https://www.thesimsresource.com/dow...set/id/1144540/
dodgy builder
#8 Old 2nd May 2018 at 9:43 AM Last edited by Volvenom : 2nd May 2018 at 10:05 AM.
@violetea The heavy trim or cornice probably fits Awesims. I got them from Bravo. I'm not sure what is included in the package, but those was what I was looking for. She said it's ok to share, as Mediafire deleted her account.

Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Awesims Cornices.zip (1.43 MB, 70 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd May 2018 at 7:26 AM
@Volvenom This is EXACTLY what I was looking for!! I had discovered Awesim's cornice mods, but they were either dead links or conversions for 2&/4 - so frustrating!!

Thank you so much for finding these files!