Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Dec 2023 at 7:34 PM
Pose Player problem, all sims do the same pose.
Sometimes when I use Pose Player with sims of the same age group, I pose all the sims, let's call them Sim A, B and C and I've made poses specifically for each one of the sims, when I want to change the pose for one of the sims, I cancel the pose and the game hangs for about a minute. Then it cancels and I can type in the new pose, let's say "A2" and click ok, and then POOF all three sims do the same "A2" pose. Annoyed, I cancel the pose for Sim B, the game hangs for a while before I can type that sim's pose again, "A1", and I click ok, and POOF now they all do the A1 pose.

Has anyone had the same problem, and know what causes it and maybe have a solution? Is it because all the poses were merged into a single .package? Or has the save become corrupt?

Edit: Yes, I type in the prefix for the type of sim and the name of the pose, for example c_A2, so it's not that.
Advertisement
Imagine Wonderfully!
staff: trainee moderator
#2 Old 21st Dec 2023 at 11:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cororon
Sometimes when I use Pose Player with sims of the same age group, I pose all the sims, let's call them Sim A, B and C and I've made poses specifically for each one of the sims, when I want to change the pose for one of the sims, I cancel the pose and the game hangs for about a minute. Then it cancels and I can type in the new pose, let's say "A2" and click ok, and then POOF all three sims do the same "A2" pose. Annoyed, I cancel the pose for Sim B, the game hangs for a while before I can type that sim's pose again, "A1", and I click ok, and POOF now they all do the A1 pose.

Has anyone had the same problem, and know what causes it and maybe have a solution? Is it because all the poses were merged into a single .package? Or has the save become corrupt?

Edit: Yes, I type in the prefix for the type of sim and the name of the pose, for example c_A2, so it's not that.

As far as I can remember, poses without a pose list have to have their own pose player, as in if you have 3 sims then you need 3 separate pose players (although I can't remember if this was just for the animation player or if it was also for the pose player, so I might be wrong about that). Poses that are merged together should have no issues, after all, the base game animations and poses are merged together in one package file (and same goes for EPs, but each one has it's own package)

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Dec 2023 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSweetSimmer
As far as I can remember, poses without a pose list have to have their own pose player, as in if you have 3 sims then you need 3 separate pose players (although I can't remember if this was just for the animation player or if it was also for the pose player, so I might be wrong about that).

Thanks! I have never heard that about the Pose Player, and using only one for multiple sims has worked fine for hundreds of times, but I think you might be on to something. If you have placed two of the same player, the game must treat them as separate objects. If you use only one for more than one pose at the same time, there is a risk for conflict. I think that makes sense.