Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 6:23 AM Last edited by patul : 22nd Jul 2009 at 9:24 AM.
Default TS3 Circular Stairway Tutorial
TS3 Circular Stairway... in fact semi circular but it is the way to make it functional in game.
This tutorial is not very difficult but need some ConstrainFloorElevation cheat experience.

1st phase : Prepare
First build a 4*3 room on the 5(max) storey (4 on a basement)

On a remainig free tile make a 1*1 tube on the 5 levels (not mandatory but useful to follow these explanations) it will be the center of your staircase. Entrance will face one of the 2 remaining free tile.

Facing the nearest corner from the future entrance dig a 3 modular stairs hole, 2 stairs facing the opposite corner and one stair on the last one. You can do it clockwise or not, no mater.

Delete the stairs (I let them for the pics) and erect at the bottom of each holes a one wall scaffolding. In the 3 stairs hole build it as many walls as you want usable storeys, (adding a tile each level is useful but not mandatory)

You can build a complete backup scaffolding at ground level (may be useful).

2 : Tile :
Tile each level except 3 tiles along the center on narrowest sides

3 :
Warp
ConstrainFloorElevation false.
From the first level of each scaffolding flatten 1 tile wide to the corner of the central tube.

4 : stairs
Place 3 stairs each storey threw the holes.

5 : Translevel stairs
TS3 stairs need 2 flat tiles on foot to be raised and cannot be one above the other if they connect two levels to be usable. (It is possible to place them but they are unusable by sims)

CFE is always false

From the top of your stairway
1st storey
- delete a center tile along a wall
- level bellow flatten the same tile FROM ENTRANCE SIDE
- back to level, from scaffoldings flatten warped landing.
- place the stairs
- bellow, flaten landing
Next Storey
- Do the same deleting tile along the other wall ...it is the main trick.
continue till ground level, (need not to be flattenned)

6 : finish
From the top flatten the roof.
ConstrainFloorElevation true.
That's all !

Notes :
You can delete (or paint) default stair walls and above stairs tiles
Each flat level may be connected to a storey.
You can install doors where you have no landings without cheat, elsewhere you can do it with moveobjects on (they are functionnal). Windowing is possible on each flat tile
Due to the warped walls use a monocolor wall paint is better
Of course you can do it to the top of the tower.

* rar file is the downloadable PDF version
(possible in french if requested)
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  TS3circstairs.rar (753.0 KB, 489 downloads) - View custom content

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
19 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 6:26 AM
This is great, thanks for this

Find me on YouTube!
Flabaliki - General gaming
TheSimSupply - Videos all about The Sims!
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#3 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 2:47 PM
It is very clever how you managed to bypass the stupid stairs not being able to over lap when they are on totally separate floors! Genius, patul, genius.

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 2:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by QBUILDERZ
It is very clever how you managed to bypass the stupid stairs not being able to over lap when they are on totally separate floors! Genius, patul, genius.

not a genius lol, I tried, found something and share it that's all

The lot with it come soon, I am just too lazy to prepare the screenshots and the english text.

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#5 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 3:31 PM
OOH! I am sure it will be wonderful :D

As soon as this gets moved to the proper section I'll add this into the wiki for you :D

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 11:27 PM
Very awesome. Daunting, but might be worth giving a try. I probably would start with only two levels, don't need to hurt myself ;D
Test Subject
#7 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 6:45 PM
Please, help!
Great tutorial, thank you very much!

I have build these stairs, but i have one problem, i can't place a fence on one stair.
I have removed all walls around stairs, and then noticed that there is one strange things (marked by red rounds) on one stair that don't let me place a fence. I tried to remove it, but i couldn't. Tell me please, is there a chance to place a fence? Or what should i do? Thank you!

~ ________________ ~ ________________ ~
...bowie has changes my world upside down...
Test Subject
#8 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 12:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Darkona.Goth
Great tutorial, thank you very much!

I have build these stairs, but i have one problem, i can't place a fence on one stair.
I have removed all walls around stairs, and then noticed that there is one strange things (marked by red rounds) on one stair that don't let me place a fence. I tried to remove it, but i couldn't. Tell me please, is there a chance to place a fence? Or what should i do? Thank you!

I think what you see there are the "base walls" around stairs.
I'm not sure how you can get them off...
try the following:
with the wall mode ([home]/[end]) display the whole wall ([home][home])
then, with the wall tool, using ctrl, remove the wall along the stair in question.
then, try to place the railing on that stair.
Test Subject
#9 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 10:59 PM
Thank you! i have tried that you say but it doesn't help.
Next time I will try to be more attentive to details and not to admit such things!

~ ________________ ~ ________________ ~
...bowie has changes my world upside down...
Test Subject
#10 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 3:14 AM
Default confused!
I'm stuck on digging the modular stair holes in step 1! *sighs* can someone help me? pwetty please?
In the Arena
retired moderator
#11 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 5:10 AM
@Link01000, a pic of what you're trying to do showing the problem you encountered, would be helpful. Else, we can't help as we don't exactly know *where* you're stuck...
Test Subject
#12 Old 25th Mar 2010 at 8:55 PM
Can you add fence where the gaps are? Cause when I do it, my Sim can't use the stairs anymore.
Test Subject
#13 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 3:25 PM
Helpp me! I can't place the 3rd stair on each level !!!
Test Subject
#14 Old 18th Dec 2010 at 11:03 AM
Thanks! This definitely will make awesome building structures!
Test Subject
#15 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 10:24 AM
I really like these building constructions....
I like the idea and innovation way... Wanna appreciate the guy...
Test Subject
#16 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 11:37 AM Last edited by Gradial : 2nd Dec 2014 at 12:49 PM.
I also love these ones.These are so beutifull.

essay check for plagiarism
Test Subject
#17 Old 19th Oct 2013 at 6:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by patul
TS3 Circular Stairway... in fact semi circular but it is the way to make it functional in game.
This tutorial is not very difficult but need some ConstrainFloorElevation cheat experience.

1st phase : Prepare
First build a 4*3 room on the 5(max) storey (4 on a basement)

On a remainig free tile make a 1*1 tube on the 5 levels (not mandatory but useful to follow these explanations) it will be the center of your staircase. Entrance will face one of the 2 remaining free tile.

Facing the nearest corner from the future entrance dig a 3 modular stairs hole, 2 stairs facing the opposite corner and one stair on the last one. You can do it clockwise or not, no mater.

Delete the stairs (I let them for the pics) and erect at the bottom of each holes a one wall scaffolding. In the 3 stairs hole build it as many walls as you want usable storeys, (adding a tile each level is useful but not mandatory)

You can build a complete backup scaffolding at ground level (may be useful).

2 : Tile :
Tile each level except 3 tiles along the center on narrowest sides

3 :
Warp
ConstrainFloorElevation false.
From the first level of each scaffolding flatten 1 tile wide to the corner of the central tube.

4 : stairs
Place 3 stairs each storey threw the holes.

5 : Translevel stairs
TS3 stairs need 2 flat tiles on foot to be raised and cannot be one above the other if they connect two levels to be usable. (It is possible to place them but they are unusable by sims)

CFE is always false

From the top of your stairway
1st storey
- delete a center tile along a wall
- level bellow flatten the same tile FROM ENTRANCE SIDE
- back to level, from scaffoldings flatten warped landing.
- place the stairs
- bellow, flaten landing
Next Storey
- Do the same deleting tile along the other wall ...it is the main trick.
continue till ground level, (need not to be flattenned)

6 : finish
From the top flatten the roof.
ConstrainFloorElevation true.
That's all !

Notes :
You can delete (or paint) default stair walls and above stairs tiles
Each flat level may be connected to a storey.
You can install doors where you have no landings without cheat, elsewhere you can do it with moveobjects on (they are functionnal). Windowing is possible on each flat tile
Due to the warped walls use a monocolor wall paint is better
Of course you can do it to the top of the tower.

* rar file is the downloadable PDF version
(possible in french if requested)

Thanks for info.
Test Subject
#18 Old 23rd Dec 2013 at 5:10 AM
This looks absolutely perfect. All these tinny details are made with lot of backgound knowledge.