Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#1051 Old 2nd Jun 2023 at 12:24 AM
New update works flawlessly with new patch. Thank you again.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#1052 Old 5th Jun 2023 at 1:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sweetgirl612
I really love the growth part of this, but apparently it is causing an LE. Also, would it be possible to create a config file that would allow the user to set a min/max height?

I assume you mean the min/max auto-randomized height? Would that apply to the pie menu or no?
Lab Assistant
#1053 Old 5th Jun 2023 at 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MycroftJr
I assume you mean the min/max auto-randomized height? Would that apply to the pie menu or no?

Yes, as I was referring to a way to set the minimum/maximum auto-randomized height for all sims. As far as I noticed, the pie menu only impacts individual sims, so I don't think it would have any effect of the pie menu. I suppose it could be possible to have that setting in the pie menu, but a config file would work just as well, so whichever would be easier create, I guess. I like the idea of having some height variety in my world (though the growth for children/teens is what I value most), but, especially since changing height also changes size/proportions, I found the effect kind of jarring and immersion-breaking due to the extremes in sizes. I hope that's clear.
Test Subject
#1054 Old 6th Jun 2023 at 5:22 AM
Yes, as I was referring to a way to set the minimum/maximum auto-randomized height for all sims. As far as I noticed, the pie menu only impacts individual sims, so I don't think it would have any effect of the pie menu. I suppose it could be possible to have that setting in the pie menu, but a config file would work just as well, so whichever would be easier create, I guess. I like the idea of having some height variety in my world (though the growth for children/teens is what I value most), but, especially since changing height also changes size/proportions, I found the effect kind of jarring and immersion-breaking due to the extremes in sizes. I hope that's clear.

ah, yes, I see how the change in width of the sim could be jarring lol. The sliders probably need some work there.
Alright, I'll add it as a config setting.
Test Subject
#1055 Old 7th Jun 2023 at 12:56 AM
I tried to include the MCC file, but it said it was an unsupported file type. I'm attaching a link to a zip with both files: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kc...iew?usp=sharing

It is possible I have it installed incorrectly; I have the growth file but not the tall and short because the extreme heights were too jarring for me on adults. I have included an image of how I had it set up.

just for clarity, did the LE still occur once all the other errors were fixed (like the venue_civic_policy_provider.py "tuple is not callable" one in the MCCC log)?
Lab Assistant
#1056 Old 7th Jun 2023 at 4:44 AM
just for clarity, did the LE still occur once all the other errors were fixed (like the venue_civic_policy_provider.py "tuple is not callable" one in the MCCC log)?

I removed this mod while trying to figure out the source of that one, which I'm still not sure I have figured out.
Test Subject
#1057 Old 9th Jun 2023 at 1:24 AM
Hi! I'm happy to have gradual growth, but I have a request please. Could you make a version of the mod that would only add gradual growth for the child age? I would like to not have randomized heights for all sims, and I'd like all other life stages heights to remain unaffected by the mod. (To use together with "auto shorter teens". I'd like this because teens already have kiss interactions, and I'd like to keep the animations aligned while still having teens be different from adults. Then it's easier to tell them apart)

This is because my sims growing from child to teen, the difference in age looks so big and sudden. But with height randomization/difference in other life stages, I tried it but it was not to my preference. With kids it's something I've been looking for a long time. I have tried presets to help pretend that they are younger/older, but they need to be manually changed and it is very tedious because they meet new sim kids all the time.

Please if you would like to make this sort of seperated version, I would be so happy and I think others might like it too!
Test Subject
#1058 Old 11th Jun 2023 at 1:18 AM Last edited by MycroftJr : 11th Jun 2023 at 5:41 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Ihminen
Hi! I'm happy to have gradual growth, but I have a request please. Could you make a version of the mod that would only add gradual growth for the child age? I would like to not have randomized heights for all sims, and I'd like all other life stages heights to remain unaffected by the mod. (To use together with "auto shorter teens". I'd like this because teens already have kiss interactions, and I'd like to keep the animations aligned while still having teens be different from adults. Then it's easier to tell them apart)

This is because my sims growing from child to teen, the difference in age looks so big and sudden. But with height randomization/difference in other life stages, I tried it but it was not to my preference. With kids it's something I've been looking for a long time. I have tried presets to help pretend that they are younger/older, but they need to be manually changed and it is very tedious because they meet new sim kids all the time.

Please if you would like to make this sort of seperated version, I would be so happy and I think others might like it too!

Hey, I'm just going to add a config option for this too. Ideally (with some future improved math in this mod), sims shouldn't change in height when aging up, and continue to grow from there. But I'm not really sure how to do that atm since I'm not sure where various sliders line up.
(Teens should already not be changing height when becoming young adults, lmk if that's not working)
Test Subject
#1059 Old 11th Jun 2023 at 5:35 AM Last edited by MycroftJr : 16th Jun 2023 at 11:10 PM.
Default config version beta (also heights for Infants)
Please download newer version here!
Test Subject
#1060 Old 11th Jun 2023 at 5:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jaimes

Quote: Originally posted by Ihminen

please let me know whether https://modthesims.info/showthread....579#post5896579 addresses your issues!
Lab Assistant
#1061 Old 11th Jun 2023 at 11:08 PM
please let me know whether https://modthesims.info/showthread....579#post5896579 addresses your issues!

First, thank you so much for creating the config file for us! However, I cannot seem to get the configuration right for what I'm wanting: I want sims to have minor differences in height and for sims children to grow in a way that makes older children bigger than younger children (same with teens). I'm attaching two images; one with my current configuration, and one with sims in the rel panel. As you can see in the picture, the girls are much bigger than the boys, but the boys are all older than the girls. Can you help me figure out what I'm doing wrong?

Good news: so far no LEs!
Screenshots
Test Subject
#1062 Old 12th Jun 2023 at 12:13 AM Last edited by MycroftJr : 13th Jun 2023 at 8:11 AM.
First, thank you so much for creating the config file for us! However, I cannot seem to get the configuration right for what I'm wanting: I want sims to have minor differences in height and for sims children to grow in a way that makes older children bigger than younger children (same with teens). I'm attaching two images; one with my current configuration, and one with sims in the rel panel. As you can see in the picture, the girls are much bigger than the boys, but the boys are all older than the girls. Can you help me figure out what I'm doing wrong?

Good news: so far no LEs!

That's... very odd. None of the code takes gender into account, and I've just triple-checked that all of the height sliders apply equally to both Male and Female.

Could I get the .log file, or the result of `get_height` on each of the sims in question? Actually, if possible, could you send me the save file as well, or the sims in question exported as a household? Don't worry about a mod list or anything like that.

Also, you set FillInDefaultsOnNextLoad to true for that screenshot, right? Because it should always change to false when the game runs...

p.s. With uneven intervals (i.e. ones where min doesn't equal negative max), the heights will tend towards whichever side is farther from 0. Shouldn't cause the issues you're describing though.
Lab Assistant
#1063 Old 12th Jun 2023 at 3:21 AM Last edited by Sweetgirl612 : 12th Jun 2023 at 3:33 AM.
That's... very odd. None of the code takes gender into account, and I've just triple-checked that all of the height sliders apply equally to both Male and Female.

Could I get the .log file, or the result of `get_height` on each of the sims in question? Actually, if possible, could you send me the save file as well, or the sims in question exported as a household? Don't worry about a mod list or anything like that.

Also, you set FillInDefaultsOnNextLoad to true for that screenshot, right? Because it should always change to false when the game runs...

p.s. With uneven intervals (i.e. ones where min doesn't equal negative max), the heights will tend towards the shorter-than-basegame side. Shouldn't cause the issues you're describing though.

I sent you a friend request on discord; (Sheila). I figured that would be easier. It is not changing back to false; I tried several different configurations and could not get the desired result. I'm not sure it has anything to do with gender; may be coincidence. Attached is a broader view of his friend list.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#1064 Old 13th Jun 2023 at 7:56 AM Last edited by MycroftJr : 13th Jun 2023 at 8:07 AM.
just posted the much improved config beta to https://modthesims.info/showthread....579#post5896579 ! (also we solved Sweetgirl612's issues offline, mostly the config invisibly failing to load, TY to all for testing)
Test Subject
#1065 Old 13th Jun 2023 at 8:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jaimes
Unrelated, will this mod not be released to the downloads page?

I'm not too familiar with this site, but I don't currently plan to have the mod leave this thread, so it can honor the tradition and effort put in over the years. I assume that would prevent me from putting it on "the downloads page"? If not, please give me instructions lol
Feel free to voice y'alls opinions on this though.
Test Subject
#1066 Old 16th Jun 2023 at 1:43 AM Last edited by MycroftJr : 16th Jun 2023 at 4:25 AM.
Sliders and Gradual Growth Mod: Config and Hotspot Update 06/15/2023
Made with my Sims 4 Script Mod Template!

Images courtesy of Sweetgirl612:

Most features can be disabled either through the Config (see below) or by deleting the corresponding .package file from the mod!

Sliders:
We have 4 general sliders at the moment: Height, Neck, Hands, and Bulge.

There are 3 ways to edit Sim heights in the mod: in CAS, via Pie Menu interaction, or precisely via commands (see in spoiler above):

CAS Hotspots:
(For premade sims, these are the only things in the mod that should require 'testingcheats on', followed by 'cas.fulleditmode', then Shift-Click -> CAS Modify, or 'Edit Household in CAS' in MCCC -> CAS)
I've added a remake of CmarNYC's hotspots that I made via TS4 MorphMaker in Height Slider Hotspots.package. It should make it so that dragging a sim's foot in CAS up or down should make their height go in the direction you dragged (via the "height" slider), for any age other than Baby.
I've also added a remake of Wihi's Hand Hotspot - an optional Hotspot for the Hand slider, by dragging vertically on the upper arm/bicep. Should still be compatible with (and complement) Luumia's Hand Sliders.

Height Pie Menu:
The Pie Menu that Tedw promised has been added! It requires XMLInjector!

Gradual Growth
The Height Slider Growth.package will make your Child and Teen sims grow taller day by day as they age!
  • The Gradual Growth update will run however often you configure, or daily at 1am by default
  • Will randomize the height of any Sim with a default height (defined as a Sim with no custom slider settings from this mod) *see RandomizeHeights in the Config section to configure this
  • Uses a hidden HeightStat to determine the Sim's height relative to the average for their age group
  • On the Gradual Growth update, sets Child / Teen sim height (chs/ths) based on their HeightStat and their percentage of progress towards the next Age Up
(In the future I'd love to make this work for Infants and Toddlers as well, but I'll need someone to provide me with versions of the BonePoses found in Height Slider Growth.package for those ages, as I am a Programmer and do not understand such magicks!)

Commands from HeightModule.py:

Configuration
I've added configuration via a JSON file named MycroftJr_HeightSliders.cfg . Be careful not to break the validity of the JSON when editing it manually, but the mod should either fix your errors or warn you with a pop-up when a save loads. The file should be generated when the mod is first run, and only reloaded (for now) when the game starts.

As before, removing a .package will stop it from running, but prefer these config options over removing Tall.package or Short.package entirely.

Example configs:

Tips and tricks:
  • Using set_slider or set_slider_all on a Sim will prevent the Gradual Growth module from automatically changing the Sim's height until/unless set_height or set_height_stat is used on them
  • Setting the bulge slider may have a temporary visual effect, but it should stop if you exit/load or go to the World Map temporarily. Since the Bulge stat is restricted to Male sims, Teen through Adult, only those Sims should still have bulges when you get back - and only if they're wearing working clothing.

Technical information:

Integration
Lastly, the mod is pending explicit permission to incorporate various slider upgrades posted in this thread. If you'd like your upgrades incorporated into the main .zip from now on, please let me know!
Recommended upgrades:
Better Heads by WaterPearl makes the sims heads stay a more normal size when their height is changed!
OR Manderz0630's slider edit includes WaterPearl's changes and more!
(note: both upgrades may not work for Infants without minor tweaks)

Error Reporting
Please let me know if you experience any errors or if anything isn't working the way you think it should! Please share any related MCCC/BetterExceptions .html files, your MycroftJr_HeightSliders.cfg file, and the generated MycroftJr_HeightSliders.log file (the latter 2 should both be in the same folder as the ts4script). For a faster response, feel free to message MycroftJr on discord.

And lastly, you can follow or support me here! Have fun!
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  MycroftJr_HeightSliders.zip (52.3 KB, 487 downloads)
Test Subject
#1067 Old 17th Jun 2023 at 6:36 PM
this is amazing, but where is the JSON file? it's not in the zip. I would like to tweak the height range for myself. thanks you!
Test Subject
#1068 Old 18th Jun 2023 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by faithvssam
this is amazing, but where is the JSON file? it's not in the zip. I would like to tweak the height range for myself. thanks you!

The JSON config (MycroftJr_HeightSliders.cfg) should be generated in the same folder as the .ts4script the first time a save is loaded with the mod installed. You can then go back to the main menu, tab out, and edit it.
Test Subject
#1069 Old 18th Jun 2023 at 12:44 AM Last edited by MycroftJr : 18th Jun 2023 at 1:41 AM.
I'm not too familiar with this site, but I don't currently plan to have the mod leave this thread, so it can honor the tradition and effort put in over the years. I assume that would prevent me from putting it on "the downloads page"? If not, please give me instructions lol
Feel free to voice y'alls opinions on this though.

So uh... I know I just said above that I wouldn't, and that was my plan, but Scarlet's Mod List is refusing to list the mod unless its on a Downloads page, for ease of tracking links or something, and that mod list is kind of important for mod exposure. So I guess I'm gonna have to make it a Downloads page after all? Please don't be too mad, any betas will continue to be posted here, and I'll just post a link here to the Downloads page when an update happens there. Sound good?
Test Subject
#1070 Old 18th Jun 2023 at 11:55 AM
could you make the Change Height Pie Menu in the Shift+Click menu instead?
Test Subject
#1071 Old 18th Jun 2023 at 9:26 PM Last edited by MycroftJr : 20th Jun 2023 at 5:19 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by nkr94334
could you make the Change Height Pie Menu in the Shift+Click menu instead?

ah, fair point! should be included in the new Downloads version, but in the meantime you can download it from here (also this one has a .cfg file included)
Attached files:
File Type: zip  MycroftJr_HeightSliders.zip (57.7 KB, 126 downloads)
Test Subject
#1072 Old 22nd Jun 2023 at 2:17 PM
thanks for the update.

is there a way to randomize the height of sims that don't have it applied?
an "rhall" but only for those with 0 on the slider

are the heights influenced by genetics, or is it truly random?
Test Subject
#1073 Old 22nd Jun 2023 at 11:35 PM
thanks for the update.

is there a way to randomize the height of sims that don't have it applied?
an "rhall" but only for those with 0 on the slider

are the heights influenced by genetics, or is it truly random?

The heights are supposed to be influenced by genetics, but I have no idea if its working atm. I'm hopeful that it is working, because the height data is set in the facial attributes, which should be like, averaged for children, and then detected as non-0 by the mod and used to set the HeightStat for the baby. (note to test: what happens when a negative height sim has a baby with a positive height sim? what does get_height say?)
If the HeightStat isn't set when Gradual Growth starts, it will be set from non-0 slider levels, or else randomized. So setting GradualGrowth to false for all ages (to stop the process there, assuming you don't want Gradual Growth) and letting a Gradual Growth update occur should do as you requested (randomize the height of sims that don't have a randomized height).
I'll try to remember to make a more direct command for it the next time I update the mod though.
Test Subject
#1074 Old 2nd Jul 2023 at 4:38 PM
The heights are supposed to be influenced by genetics, but I have no idea if its working atm. I'm hopeful that it is working, because the height data is set in the facial attributes, which should be like, averaged for children, and then detected as non-0 by the mod and used to set the HeightStat for the baby. (note to test: what happens when a negative height sim has a baby with a positive height sim? what does get_height say?)
If the HeightStat isn't set when Gradual Growth starts, it will be set from non-0 slider levels, or else randomized. So setting GradualGrowth to false for all ages (to stop the process there, assuming you don't want Gradual Growth) and letting a Gradual Growth update occur should do as you requested (randomize the height of sims that don't have a randomized height).
I'll try to remember to make a more direct command for it the next time I update the mod though.

Sims height are reset to 0, a few adults/elders, unsure if it's because I updated the mod in-between sessions.

Sims height are resetting to 0 when aging up (from YA to Adult) a played sim and an unplayed sim.

By GradualGrowth do you mean "GrowthEnabled" in the cfg?
Test Subject
#1075 Old 2nd Jul 2023 at 9:54 PM
Sims height are reset to 0, a few adults/elders, unsure if it's because I updated the mod in-between sessions.

Sims height are resetting to 0 when aging up (from YA to Adult) a played sim and an unplayed sim.

By GradualGrowth do you mean "GrowthEnabled" in the cfg?

yeah sorry, when I said it without spaces, I meant GrowthEnabled
Page 43 of 44