Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#926 Old Yesterday at 4:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kkffoo
Wonders what a yib is and whether Kkffoo as member of the LBY discord qualifies for such a title..

One of the Sims game generations decided to call their influencers - the ones they invited to creator events - "yibsims" which apparently in Simlish means "best friends". I did take the liberty of extending the title to those on their Discord channel. You may not be aware but invitations to the channel closed some time ago and the rest of us were not going to get an invite until we bought the Early Access. So it does make a kind of de facto elite. I was being light-hearted and obviously don't have an issue with the people who used the invitation while it was open to them.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Advertisement
Inventor
#927 Old Yesterday at 4:38 PM
Top Secret Researcher
#928 Old Yesterday at 5:48 PM
Well, I'm not terribly disappointed since I wasn't going to buy the Early Access version anyway. I would have liked to see people playing it and trying their hand on all those customization options. Just to get a better sense of the actual gameplay. I hope they'll get it working properly because for all my griping, I was still quite intrigued by it. And maybe they'll reconsider the no-sound language decision.
Scholar
#929 Old Yesterday at 7:39 PM
I would really want to know if this decision is coming from Paradox Interactive or Paradox Tectonic. The announcement on their forums is from Paradox Interactive's deputy CEO. Maybe it has to do with the CS2 release and how bad it was received?
Mad Poster
#930 Old Yesterday at 9:40 PM
These delaying and postponing could seriously hurt the trust of a fandom and get pretty annoying. I forgot how much time has passed that I didn’t notice.

Just a promise a date a year or two if they are that uncertain and not confident ti release it.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Instructor
#931 Old Today at 11:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mithrak_nl
I would really want to know if this decision is coming from Paradox Interactive or Paradox Tectonic. The announcement on their forums is from Paradox Interactive's deputy CEO. Maybe it has to do with the CS2 release and how bad it was received?

I believe they know much more about the condition of the game than us and they see something more worrisome than us who are simply watching YT dev videos.
I'm also sure they are not bothered by the fanbase expectations or fans' bad opinions. What matters to them is income (and income can be good even if a product is badly received, see f.e. Starfield).
What makes me think in hindsight, is the info from about a week ago on the recommended specs of LBY - many fans gasped to see that the recommended Memory is 32 GB RAM - which is massive. 32 GB RAM is serious (Cyberpunk '77 has 16 GB RAM recommended!), and typical life sim gamers have more casual PC specs than that. I saw questions asked by LBY fans if that means the game is poorly optimized? will it constantly lag during gameplay if you have less RAM?
If the PC hardware requirements of a game is very high, it means you can sell it to less buyers. If a game is almost unplayable under 32 GB RAM, that can mean a smaller market with higher patching costs, so no profit - among other things.
Lab Assistant
#932 Old Today at 12:56 PM Last edited by kkffoo : Today at 3:58 PM. Reason: Bad spelling!
I have no real way of knowing, but I think performance issues are a very likely cause for the delay. My own system sits just above the minimum requirements, with 16gb of ram (+processing and graphics cards minimum to be considered also), and the publicly available information states that I should expect at least 30fps with that. The higher specs (32gb ram etc) were aimed at heavily modded games.
I wish I knew more about the games that people are sharing as examples of graphically intensive software that runs on lower spec systems, I really don't play that many.
Is it possible that the graphics are a 'red herring' and it is actually something to do with CPU processing, and simultanously updating 90 'agents' who are all properly fleshed out full characters capable of being controlled (rather than npcs?), and who are moving around in the world and interacting even when not being observed?
Field Researcher
#933 Old Today at 1:27 PM
I agree it's weird they would delay the game again, just when they had announced the spec requirements. I was shocked to see they recommended 32GB of ram when their recommended video cards were not that impressive nor the CPU requirements. One would think if they needed that much ram to make sure the 'agents' telemetry generated in open world, that they would have required better or at least newer CPU and Video cards. Then they didn't even mention SD or HDD, and maybe I missed it but was it Directx11 or 12? It's just really weird that this is the third redacted release date for an 'early access' game, after stating the requirements to play and after they sent discord invitations to the privileged few and let content creators play the game. Yes, some of those people know what players are expecting but also some of those people were expecting something as flushed out as TS3's base game with an EP installed, it's no wonder the Deputy CEO said forget it. lol
Scholar
#934 Old Today at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Flora2
I believe they know much more about the condition of the game than us and they see something more worrisome than us who are simply watching YT dev videos.
I'm also sure they are not bothered by the fanbase expectations or fans' bad opinions. What matters to them is income (and income can be good even if a product is badly received, see f.e. Starfield).
What makes me think in hindsight, is the info from about a week ago on the recommended specs of LBY - many fans gasped to see that the recommended Memory is 32 GB RAM - which is massive. 32 GB RAM is serious (Cyberpunk '77 has 16 GB RAM recommended!), and typical life sim gamers have more casual PC specs than that. I saw questions asked by LBY fans if that means the game is poorly optimized? will it constantly lag during gameplay if you have less RAM?
If the PC hardware requirements of a game is very high, it means you can sell it to less buyers. If a game is almost unplayable under 32 GB RAM, that can mean a smaller market with higher patching costs, so no profit - among other things.

This is why I wondered who made the decision. Paradox Interactive might not be that worried about fanbase's perception. But Tektonic would. You can see from the videos they released about the game so far. They were quite involved with the community.
So if Tektonic pushed for further delay, I expect it is because they want to improve more and the positive side is that Paradox Interactive allows for this.

But if Paradox Interactive as publisher pushed for delay,this could be for a more cynical reason (not enough planned DLC, not enough wishlisted etc :/). Because of their latest released games(with PI as publisher), I have my doubts about them.

Also,unfortunately you can expect 32GB to become the norm with some types of intensive games. I expect a beefy CPU and 32GB ram can help with this type of game. Even when optimized.
Page 38 of 38