Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 10:01 AM Last edited by LiliLiliLili : 15th Dec 2017 at 10:38 AM.
Default Black screen in windowed mode (sims 2, sims stories)
When I put any game in windowed mode it shows black screen, but the music goes on. I can close it only with task manager. If I go to nvidia settings, I switch the sims to internal card, then the game resets its' graphic settings to default so I can leave it as full screen. Then I can switch back to non-internal graphic card. I switch between cards, because it resets to the default graphic settings of the game. No matter if I switch it from internal to nvidia or the other way around. It is a help. I did this with sims 3,but the main problem is sims castaway and life stories. Those run in windowed mode by default, so I cannot do anything to make it fullscreen. It has the same system as sims 2,so I write this here, because not many people visit the Stories forum. And actually it is a problem with regular sims 2 too.

I have Windows 10,that might be a problem. I still had win10 back then and this problem didn't occur. Maybe it is due to windows 10's so many updates, so with an update the windowed mode got glitchy.. I remember I could run sims in 2016 in windowed mode, now I can only in fullscreen.But how can I fix the game?