Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Link Ninja
#76 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 4:11 AM
Thank you all for confirming. I did use the hood mouse-over version to set down my lot but that was yesterday and today when I was looking at the info, that's where I got confused by the number difference/change. BUT KNOW I KNOW! THANKS!!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Advertisement
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#77 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 4:14 AM
Yes it is well clarified

Meantime I went ahead and started the Countdown Timer, set to UTC and set for a few hours ahead so it will match up as if we started early in my morning, so I can get some sleep It is at the bottom of the post.

Good night and have fun everybody!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#78 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 4:26 AM

gdayars, usually play alongs aren't scored, was that just a copy/paste oversight when you added the second table, or is that a feature of this contest? I'd honestly rather not be scored, judging is such time consuming work and I don't want to make more work for them when I'm not a fully committed contestant.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#79 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 4:37 AM
Oh sorry @Phaenoh there won't be scores in the play alongs that is just a place to put smiley faces I have not had a chance to clean it up as there will be no totals or actual points I just copied and pasted over til I had time.
Mad Poster
#80 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 4:40 AM
Oh Yeah!!! *clinks with Jo* - Thanks Petro for keeping us hydrated - again
Let's get this party started

ETA: Woah - my page hadn't updated properly - I was still on page no. 1!
Let me redo: Let's keep this party rollin' (cuz it's already started - obviously!)

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Link Ninja
#81 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 5:26 AM Last edited by Charmful : 8th Feb 2018 at 1:17 AM. Reason: Attached Images
Default Wanderlust Tea House & Sushi Lounge
Round 1: Restaurant/Food Place (Far East themed)

Hey there! I'll get the party started

Welcome, wanderlusters, to Takemizu Villiage. Wanderlust Inc. is proud to reveal a new dining experience in the region - a tea house and sushi lounge! The property contains two structures, on the left is a tea house that contains three tea rooms that overlook a beautiful pond and across from it, on the right is the sushi lounge, an intimate place to discover the tastes of Takemizu's culinary specialties.

Mmmmm now I'm craving some sushi! How about you

Instructor
#82 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 5:53 AM
Thank you all for your help..and

OMGosh..I had to scroll really fast with that first entry..I don't like looking at entries until I have mine in..this way I am not influenced in any way shape or form..
Mad Poster
#83 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 7:32 AM Last edited by Justpetro : 4th Feb 2018 at 7:43 AM.
I think the lot size in the bin is correct - it is when you use the Lot adjuster to change the size that it may not look right (guess who lost points due to that in a previous contest ).

The Fermented Fruit Juice bar will open shortly. You drank so much last time that I need to restock first. Welcome to the new contestants; I trust that you will all have a lot of fun (and learn a lot as well)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#84 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 12:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
I may or may not have my entry ready to go...I swear I'm not cutthroat competitive, I just want to shaaaare

I am totally cutthroat competitive - I'm going to have to rein myself in.

OK now we're started, questions:

Can we use hood deco as part of the presentation? I mean things like the skydomes and Voeille's water mod. And trees obviously and anything else (I have an extensive collection)

For the shots, can sims be present in the pictures? I'm thinking of pictures taken on a test lot

Is use of the magic wand permissible or does price have to be straight out of the catalogue? This is problematic since it can make quite a difference but the other thing is I've altered so much of my CC (because it was ridiculously priced) including most wallpapers I download - in my case, if they come at $1, I alter them upwards.

Can I use a beach lot for tropical and what size would I use?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#85 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 12:33 PM Last edited by gdayars : 4th Feb 2018 at 1:27 PM.
No magic wand. I mean the contest at it's heart is already pretty cheat.Isnt that a bit over the top? It isn't decor. It doesn't make things prettier. It is just cheaty.

CC is allowed. That means sky domes. They are a form of decor. While in practice, I realize this won't be totally true, in theory the build itself should be the only consideration. I realize tho that a tropical location would probably be heightened by the proper looking sky. As far as water mods, most will probably already have those, and again CC is allowed. Basically same thing as sky domes. I will encourage judges to pretend those things aren't present.

"Watches stampede to download said items"

Just realized the question about tropical lots... There will be one time you can use a beach lot, the last one. I had to keep it base game friendly and base game doesn't have beach lots. The last one is lot size free. The rest have specific sizes.

Edited to add, it isn't beach lots that are bad, I just needed sizes that were possible for base game people. 2x3 and 3x2 are same size turned differently so I allowed either one. The custom beach lots down below have sizes that fit in, and are allowable.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#86 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 12:43 PM
Oh - shame about the beach lot. Not sure I want to change what I was planning. I'll give it some thought and let you know.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#87 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 1:21 PM
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...440#post1839440 I knew these existed, Jo found them for me Custom sized beach lots.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#88 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 1:25 PM
Oh OK - you seemed to be saying only the last round could use a beach lot but what you meant was that the in-game versions are too big. I'll have a look at those.

Forum Resident
#89 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 2:09 PM
Charmful man, damn. Now I lost my courage if I even had one. I realize I need to go with another type of eating place than the one I wanted to do cause all the old type furniture is expensive as hell, So I won't be able to do a Kro (It's basically a pub but bigger and it fills a whole house instead of a corner...)
IDK what to even do since I have to replan the whole thing and do something else -n-/ But hey, I have what? a week or two right?

I build small houses *^*
Test Subject
#90 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 2:37 PM
When is the deadline?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#91 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 2:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RickandMorty
When is the deadline?

Couple of weeks yet - did you register to take part?

Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#92 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 3:45 PM
Happy contest and o everyone.
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#93 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 3:46 PM
Happy contest To everyone.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#94 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 4:25 PM
I can still add people to the play along but the main contest is now filled

Be warned. Play alongs get smiley faces, that is why I left them a score, but no total. I removed the total column after @Phaenoh reminded me I had left it in, in my haste to add a play along table.

There is a countdown timer at the bottom of the first post. It is a link that you can click to bring up how long we have til the judges take over

@franfeliano I am fixing to add you to the playalong. @RickandMorty if you want to participate, the time to join is now, but it can only be as a play along. Contests are a first come, first serve business and you have to hop on quick these days! I will go ahead and add you to it, but if you don't want to be on it, just let me know.
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 4:38 PM
Well, now I realize I was incredibly, foolishly hasty. What's the policy on amending entries? @gdayars
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#96 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 4:42 PM
you may edit them @kerri191 up until the last second of the timer
Test Subject
#97 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 4:47 PM
Is the first round a food lot? I wanna be sure
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#98 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 4:52 PM
Link Ninja
#99 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OnayaW
Charmful man, damn. Now I lost my courage if I even had one. I realize I need to go with another type of eating place than the one I wanted to do cause all the old type furniture is expensive as hell, So I won't be able to do a Kro (It's basically a pub but bigger and it fills a whole house instead of a corner...)
IDK what to even do since I have to replan the whole thing and do something else -n-/ But hey, I have what? a week or two right?

Ahh, sorry I kind of jumped in all gung-ho but please do not get discouraged! And while I'm a stickler on myself for presentation, the fact is, my 'technical building' is pretty mediocre. I just make up for it with landscaping and interior decorating. I hope you can find a place to build, and maybe if the furniture is too expensive, you could search for any alternates that were cheaper and invoked the same kind of feel? And if not, you do have like 2 weeks to be inspired and build another kind of place

Forum Resident
#100 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 6:23 PM
@Charmful don't worry, I think I have something but it feels so mediocre anyway even though I did it cheaper than last. I of cause forgot to open fraps ._______.

I build small houses *^*

Page 4 of 59